Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people still seem to think that they didn't search? They did large scale volunteer searches and have been searching since then on a smaller more targeted scale...

What did I miss that emancipated minors comes into play?
I don’t believe you missed anything. I think it was a line item on the requirements/conditions for reporting someone as missing.

What did I miss that emancipated minors comes into play?

Me too, I don't follow how this is relevant to Mollie's case. I'm more interested in why the FBI is spending so much time with WC...I don't believe it's because they don't have anything better to do on a Sunday. If they think he's innocent then maybe they think he's covering for someone and that the pressure of the constant questioning will become too much and he will just give them up... either that or they hope he will lead them either to Mollie or the perp in the next 24 hours.

I don't know why people still seem to think that they didn't search? They did large scale volunteer searches and have been searching since then on a smaller more targeted scale...

IDK about you, but when I search I can look for days over and over, then suddenly there it is.

Once my father found something my mother lost. She had prayed to St Jude. So St Jude got the credit. My dad says: "I can never win, huh"?

I don’t believe you missed anything. I think it was a line item on the requirements/conditions for reporting someone as missing.
Not a requirement that you be emancipated to be reported missing, but that someone asked about the rules in Iowa for reporting someone missing and I think the word emancipation was somewhere included (but wholly unrelated to this case)

BessDrew said:
"Well in theory, when it comes to who would let police search their home/property without a warrant, the answer might be...an innocent person."

Then JnRyan said
"Yes, a TOTALLY innocent person. For example, someone growing marijuana would likely not want LE to search their property, but searching it would likely yield nothing for Mollie's case. I remember following the Liberty German/Abigail Williams case in Delphi IN. Over a 100 LE were brought in and there were more arrests as a result of increased searches. When LE was questioned about whether or not this would hamper cooperation LE stated they can't turn their back on any violation."

First thought - if you have a criminal operation you should care more than some that no one goes missing.
The stakes are higher for you. And if someone does go missing wouldn't you be better off by networking in your circles to see if you could help LE find the missing person ASAP? Then your world returns to normalcy, right?

WHERE ARE YOU MOLLIE????

Not a requirement that you be emancipated to be reported missing, but that someone asked about the rules in Iowa for reporting someone missing and I think the word emancipation was somewhere included (but wholly unrelated to this case)
Exactly, it’s irrelevant to the facts we have. Mollie was reported missing when she didn’t show up for work the following morning. That is all that is relevant, not reporting requirements.

I really hope this isn’t going to be a case where Mollie is found by hunters several months down the line. I’m very worried about dna not surviving and the perpetrator catching a lucky break. I’m sorry to post as though Mollie is no longer with us I hope and pray that somehow she is.

Mollie’s family, law enforcement and FBI must be emotionally and physically exhausted.

If Mollie was being stalked...

from Victims of Crime. org

"A stalker can be someone you know well, or not at all. Most have dated or been involved with the people they stalk.

2/3 of stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily, using more than one method.
78% of stalkers use more than one means of approach.
Weapons are used to harm or threaten victims in 1 out of 5 cases.
Almost 1/3 of stalkers have stalked before.
Intimate partner stalkers frequently approach the victim; and behavior escalates quickly."

I really hope this isn’t going to be a case where Mollie is found by hunters several months down the line. I’m very worried about dna not surviving and the perpetrator catching a lucky break. I’m sorry to post as though Mollie is no longer with us I hope and pray that somehow she is.

Mollie’s family, law enforcement and FBI must be emotionally and physically exhausted.
Exactly. The longer a body is exposed to the elements, the less likely physical evidence can be obtained. Speculating that there is in fact a body to be found, is absolutely not a stretch at this point. In fact, it is more probable than not.

It should -- entering carrying or dragging a body should disturb the stalks, but where to start looking? Which cornfield?
Just a thought...:)
The ones with a large amount of vultures
Regarding the cornfield theories. I'm gonna be a bit crude. Wouldn't there be a scent by now? And possibly much bird activity?
Possibly not yet.
Vultures can take much longer—37 days instead of 24 hours—to find a human body than the carcass of a pig left in the wilderness,

How Vultures Eat Human Bodies - 80beats

Last edited:
WC has a fairly big family in Deep River which is south of Guernsey. WC himself lives rurally between Deep River and Guernsey. That’s part of the Montezuma school district which is a big enough district that they wouldn’t be in the same athletic conference as Brooklyn.
That is great info! Thanks. Most on here seem to be leaning towards a slightly older perp. But I wonder if someone younger than MT or perhaps a group of younger folks could have simply overwhelmed her while on a run? She wasn't physically large so I don't think the perp would have had to be very large and I can easily see a strong younger person being able to overpower her? Given what you know of the locals, do you think this scenario is likely or do you think person from outside the area is more likely? I'm baffled at this point.

IDK about you, but when I search I can look for days over and over, then suddenly there it is.

Once my father found something my mother lost. She had prayed to St Jude. So St Jude got the credit. My dad says: "I can never win, huh"?
Right, but the statements that imply they haven't even looked at all in places that OBVIOUSLY the FBI and DCI and local police would have checked are a little headscratching

I think the FBI believes that WC may know where Molly is and who put her there. While I still have trouble with WC being the perp I can see him being in the unfortunate position of knowing who is ( maybe he was out on his land that night and saw something he wished he hadn't) and after watching that TV interview I can imagine that the FBI would think he'd be easy to get to break.

Good points. Sometimes the schools know each other just to get into fights. So yeah there are cliques. Then after the fight they date each other's sister.

My point is that a person in Guernsey knows alot of people over a multiple county area. There are not that many employers around -- the biggest is where she went to school -- The University of Iowa. So through school, or employment or bad behavior, they know each other for miles around.
Thanks. Where I'm from its not that different, just different companies and schools. And yeah we have running water and internet too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398