Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes things are not as they seem, is the best way I can put it. Yes, it could be him, his priors indicate that stalking behaviour is not an alien concept to him.
But
There are a lot of Cheneys out there. It could easily be someone in his family, someone he has suspicions/proof of, maybe even helped cover-up, but it wasn't actually him. My mind is leaning in this direction today. No doubt it will be somewhere else tomorrow!
And one with the Sheriffs dept

maybe all this talk of cornfield violence is hogwash
I think there's a really good possibility she's alive
3 sets of distinct double consonants in her name. a rarity. L, T, B...
Is there a clew here?
What kind of clue?

Me too, I don't follow how this is relevant to Mollie's case. I'm more interested in why the FBI is spending so much time with WC...I don't believe it's because they don't have anything better to do on a Sunday. If they think he's innocent then maybe they think he's covering for someone and that the pressure of the constant questioning will become too much and he will just give them up... either that or they hope he will lead them either to Mollie or the perp in the next 24 hours.
We originally started discussing the filing date of the missing persons report which was the 18th! This surprised some people (me included) as many states don't allow reports to be immediately filed. Iowa appears to be different in this regard and allows reports to be filed if certain conditions are met. The link to the State website on the specific code was shared and then this emancipation issue popped up that I frankly don't understand exactly how it relates to MT. MT I don't believe is a minor at 20 (Iowa state law seems to define minor as 18 but there are exceptions - I am not an atty.).

Why do you feel that he is not the perp? How many people who know who have been convicted of stalking not once but twice? Most cases of stalking are not even prosecuted. That he has two convictions suggests to me that stalking women is probably his primary occupation, with pig farming being a sideline.

At least one of his convictions involve him violating a "stay away" order issued by a judge and requested by an ex. Not the kind of stalking that you are imagining.

I have a question for you; could a stranger, not related or known to the owner of pig farm, get to where the pigs are contained ( forgot the name of it), and dispose of phone and fit bit there undetected? Or for that matter anywhere on the property, especially during night when it's dark?

It would be incredibly risky to enter the hog confinement buildings because the pigs might squeal and scream like crazy with excitement at the sight of a person as pigs are prone to do. And if there are living quarters near these barns you'd be at extreme risk of being caught.

Also, confinement hog operations aren't like what many people imagine with a bunch of ravenous hogs in a dark barn with dirt floor, eating everything in sight. They are brightly lit with automated feeders and waterers and slatted floors to let the waste fall through. If somebody was trying to dispose of a body on a confinement hog operation they wouldn't try to make the pigs eat it, they'd just toss it into one of the slurry ponds, preferably as far out as possible, and let it dissolve in the toxic sludge.

I would ask, why is WC speaking with the press at all. He was questioned by the FBI and they took his phone for a while. <modsnipped>
As to the hardware store, back when I thought Mollie could have been taken from her house in a different timeline, I thought maybe it was to divert limited overnight LE attention to a different location before the real crime was committed. Pure speculation with no specifics. I was thinking something thrown through the window...
Last, what are the legalities of using car satellite/OnStar type data? If they can pinpoint where Mollie was via fitbit and phone, can they track vehicles back to her same locations? If this were someone local and this was not premeditated, wouldn't this give them away?
On your last point, LE has in numerous jurisdictions, subpoenaed records from Google to obtain records of anyone in a particular geographical area who was using a Google app with location tracking. This allows for records to be obtained from phones, regardless of cell provider. I’m not sure about OnStar type data though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not true at all. They just know he is not going anywhere.
I didn’t say it wasn’t a meaningful visit from the FBI, I said it wasn’t an urgency. Meaning they didn’t need answers or information from him immediately.. as in bust the doors down type of visit.

If the Authorities think the bald guy (WC) is likely the guy, this is most timid, passive, and meek LE that was ever assembled.

They would be more aggressive if they thought he was the guy. Backhoes would be digging up his property a week ago. They would have stadium lighting brought in from Denver, and the skies would be full of Helicopters.

That would be a burglary though, not vandalism. Yes vandalism would be an element of the burglary, but we haven’t heard “burglary” used.
Right. What I'm saying is they may not realize it was also a burglary if only a couple minor items were taken.

The last person who reported he saw her was a neighbor who said she was running/walking at 7:30 pm. If this was the end of her run, hardly seems much of an opportunity for someone to abduct her on the run. But imho all indicators seem to point that she never made it back to the house. I wonder if only that one person reported seeing her running or if others did too.

I wonder if the vandalism at the hardware store could have been to hide some sort of evidence. If she was taken from that location there might have been evidence left behind. Perp could go back and "clean" it up. Possible try to burn it down or just destroy or remove any evidence.

I do. Store closes at 6. Mollie jogs by - she is in town 7:30 walking or jogging- sees something. Someone sees her. They follow her home. Door unlocked. They enter...
If you are committing vandalism and are spotted, you simply run away. It’s a misdemeanor usually. You don’t follow who spotted you and commit a kidnapping and likely murder, just to keep them quiet. I just think it’s too far fetched. Also we have heard absolutely nothing about this vandalism since it happened, which makes it even more unlikely to be connected. It could simply be spray paint or a broken window.

The FBI visiting him multiple times, his refusal to take a polygraph, and the idiocy of telling Fox News (which broadcast it to the world) that he refused a polygraph, are sending up my radar up to the moon.

But the FBI visits may be because they think he has information that might assist them.

Remember Isaac in the DeOrr Kunz case? This guy reminds me of him and I think Isaac was probably the only person on that trip telling the truth!

Just because someone looks/behaves “differently” doesn’t make them guilty. JMO.

I have a three part question - how I wish someone local was here on our board -

When I tried to use google maps I looked at surface water and when you drive along the road where the HS is you go over BIG BEAR Creek not far from it, that creek actually winds its way to that 170 road that takes off North from Dalton's home. When I looked over the the rails along Hwy 398 I could see car tracks -

How does one get down to Big Bear Creek? Is that something folks do out there? Drive along the creeks?
Big Bear Creek cuts though some fields, if you wanted to go down there you would enter a field and follow the path along the fence to the back side of the field. Really no reason for anybody other than the farmer to want to go back there, and if you did drive back there at this time of year you would leave a very visible trail through the weeds.

I do. Store closes at 6. Mollie jogs by - she is in town 7:30 walking or jogging- sees something. Someone sees her. They follow her home. Door unlocked. They enter...

This puts a different spin on things for sure. What if Mollie saw people committing a crime and her disappearance has nothing to do with being stalked or taken for sexual reasons...unlikely but I think you get a kudos for proposing a theory that hasn't been put out there yet in 13 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3