Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura died from a drug overdose though, and the crime was disposing of a body. From what I read atleast.

That's correct. I posted that to answer the question about what happens if a farmer finds a body in a cornfield during harvest time since that is how Laura was found. I wasn't suggesting the same thing happened here, but it's not totally out of the question now that I think about it.

And the guy who got convicted in Lauras case got almost nothing, it was a total travesty of justice. He should have gotten 10-15 years for what he did. It was far more than just disposing of her body.

That's correct. I posted that to answer the question about what happens if a farmer finds a body in a cornfield during harvest time since that is how she was found.
Gotcha. Apologies.

Absolutely! How can you be questioned for hours but not remember what they asked?
Red herring: something that misleads or distracts

I would say that a person who is innocent doesn't remember everything he was asked, or the answers he gave to those questions. A person who is guilty, on the other hand, better remember everything he was asked and what his answers were.

Thought I read a recent article in which the mom said "both of" MT's red shirts had been located?

re: polygraph. Can't blame anyone--guilty or innocent--for saying no to a polygraph. Surprised dude hasn't also lawyered up. But if the FBI or any LE knocked on my door and asked for a polygraph---about vandalism or murder or anything else--I'd hand them my attorney's card and close the door.

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

This happened to another woman jogging (thankfully she is safe) and was reported by local LE on the 17th in Miner, MO (south of St Louis) based on event that happed the prior week ....6.5 hrs south by major highways from Brooklyn...perp didn't get his target but vehicle was photographed and a perp description published. Can't find an update from LE on incident. Could this person just kept on driving until they found another victim? Will search for more reports along the route north to see if there are any reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I read a recent article in which the mom said "both of" MT's red shirts had been located?

re: polygraph. Can't blame anyone--guilty or innocent--for saying no to a polygraph. Surprised dude hasn't also lawyered up. But if the FBI or any LE knocked on my door and asked for a polygraph---about vandalism or murder or anything else--I'd hand them my attorney's card and close the door.
As to your point about the mom’s comment about the red shirts. She said that she didn’t think one was missing but it was possible that she had another. I take everything said by family members with a grain of salt though, these people are in the midst of horrendous grief and don’t want to even think about the worst being true.

From my own experience... if there was anyone in the house, at anytime with Molly, LE and the others specializing in forensics, would know who it was by now. Believe it or not, you always leave some trace behind, whereever you go. So a perp didn’t float into the house and not leave a single ounce of evidence/dna/prints/fibers etc. in the house. Gloves don’t cover up fingerprints, and you always have shoe/footprints as well. And im sure they have taken evidence from the driveway/street too.

Red herring: something that misleads or distracts

I would say that a person who is innocent doesn't remember everything he was asked, or the answers he gave to those questions. A person who is guilty, on the other hand, better remember everything he was asked and what his answers were.
Agreed. And the guilty tend to stick to too many unnecessary details, & tend not to vary far afield from said script. The almost too good to be true story. They alibi themselves upfront, stating where they were or what they were doing before even being questioned on those details.

We really have to be careful with tossing around terminology regarding the mental stability of someone we only know a TINY bit about. WC may, indeed, have a mental health disorder (though I would imagine, if that were the case, it would be in the court records along with the stalking charge -- as a defense). Or he may be on the high-functioning autism spectrum. Or he may just be incredibly awkward socially (and under incredible stress to boot).

What if WC is simply a diversion tactic on the part of LE? What if he has absolutely no idea what happened to Mollie?

He may very well end up being guilty, but this is America, and our justice system doesn't operate backwards: we aren't guilty until proven innocent; we are innocent until proven guilty.

just curious but what terminology are you referring to? I haven't stated that I think he's guilty of anything..but I think it is within TOS to speculate on how he appears in public media interviews.

If you are committing vandalism and are spotted, you simply run away. It’s a misdemeanor usually. You don’t follow who spotted you and commit a kidnapping and likely murder, just to keep them quiet. I just think it’s too far fetched. Also we have heard absolutely nothing about this vandalism since it happened, which makes it even more unlikely to be connected. It could simply be spray paint or a broken window.

Good point about a vandal running away if they think he or she would be spotted.

Which got me thinking: What if said vandal (thinking graffiti) saw or heard something related to Mollie’s disappearance? A car pulling up, Mollie running by, etc..Someone committing vandalism prob is less likely to volunteer what they might have seen or heard due to not wanting to get in trouble for vandalizing. That, or ran away the moment they got interrupted and don’t realize it could be important.

We really have to be careful with tossing around terminology regarding the mental stability of someone we only know a TINY bit about. WC may, indeed, have a mental health disorder (though I would imagine, if that were the case, it would be in the court records along with the stalking charge -- as a defense). Or he may be on the high-functioning autism spectrum. Or he may just be incredibly awkward socially (and under incredible stress to boot).

What if WC is simply a diversion tactic on the part of LE? What if he has absolutely no idea what happened to Mollie?

He may very well end up being guilty, but this is America, and our justice system doesn't operate backwards: we aren't guilty until proven innocent; we are innocent until proven guilty.

Regarding this WC character, I haven't read much about him but isn't the stalking issue related to an ex-girlfriend or wife? If that's the case, how is that in any way related to the abduction of a 20 year old woman? Is it just his bad luck that a tip led to his backyard - similar to what happened to the landowner in Delphi, where his life was destroyed because two girls were found in his back yard?

I apologize if this has been discussed, I’m sure it has.. I have skimmed through all the posts but I’m sure I missed some things..

Is it true that Mollie was supposed to have dinner with her mom on the evening of the 18th? (At her mom’s House)

From my own experience... if there was anyone in the house, at anytime with Molly, LE and the others specializing in forensics, would know who it was by now. Believe it or not, you always leave some trace behind, whereever you go. So a perp didn’t float into the house and not leave a single ounce of evidence/dna/prints/fibers etc. in the house. Gloves don’t cover up fingerprints, and you always have shoe/footprints as well. And im sure they have taken evidence from the driveway/street too.
True. But if the person who took her knew her, and they had been in the house in the past, then forensic evidence of their having been there, wouldn’t help the case.

Exactly. The longer a body is exposed to the elements, the less likely physical evidence can be obtained. Speculating that there is in fact a body to be found, is absolutely not a stretch at this point. In fact, it is more probable than not.
For sure, the sooner the better. But just in case it raises hope, Chelsea Bruck was discovered six months later in the woods, covered by dirt and brush and they still got DNA that eventually got the conviction.

Generally if people hit someone and do the wrong thing, they flee. They do not take the body with them. If she was hit, they would have almost certainly found the body, and possible physical evidence of that occurring (car parts, blood). Also her phone would have been found by now. It’s possible of course that hitting her was intentional, with the intent of kidnapping her.

Wasn't there a case many years ago in OHIO near Cincinnati where someone hit and killed a girl walking and they shoved her in the car, drove onto a bridge and then threw the body over. Don't recall which creek or river though. I don't think it was the Ohio but I can't recall.

About the phone - if the weather was very bad, could it have become waterlogged? Washed somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!