Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be incredibly risky to enter the hog confinement buildings because the pigs might squeal and scream like crazy with excitement at the sight of a person as pigs are prone to do. And if there are living quarters near these barns you'd be at extreme risk of being caught.

Also, confinement hog operations aren't like what many people imagine with a bunch of ravenous hogs in a dark barn with dirt floor, eating everything in sight. They are brightly lit with automated feeders and waterers and slatted floors to let the waste fall through. If somebody was trying to dispose of a body on a confinement hog operation they wouldn't try to make the pigs eat it, they'd just toss it into one of the slurry ponds, preferably as far out as possible, and let it dissolve in the toxic sludge.

bbm
My original thoughts all along - perhaps she either dropped her fitbit on purpose or it came off her arm as she was being carried.

Wasn't there a case many years ago in OHIO near Cincinnati where someone hit and killed a girl walking and they shoved her in the car, drove onto a bridge and then threw the body over. Don't recall which creek or river though. I don't think it was the Ohio but I can't recall.

About the phone - if the weather was very bad, could it have become waterlogged? Washed somewhere?
I’m not saying this didn’t happen, I’m just saying that it’s very unlikely.

@renarde said:
Nothing unusual happened, except for the hardware store being vandalized that evening. Other than that... it was pretty quiet.

I wish we knew more about this. Was the store broken into...or was the vandalism merely exterior. Was anything taken, was there surveillance video? have they charged anyone with this crime? The lack of information about this makes me suspicious. I really wonder if our local insider can get us any information on this. Also this would be a great question to ask LE about in the next presser.

...[Bar Owner] Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.”

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store. ...
Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

You may discuss the contents of this article but you may not trash him or accuse him of being guilty. Only the content of the article and his statements can be discussed. No additional sleuthing of his background beyond what is in the article. He is not a suspect or a POI but because he is interviewed in MSM we are allowing limited discussion.

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

Posts have been removed.
Some are over stepping the guidelines for posting. Please read the above statement carefully and post accordingly.

A suggestion of how long the dogs were left in the basement is if they 'went to the bathroom' inside the house. They are probably potty trained but they can only hold it so long even if potty trained. That info could help them know how long Mollie was gone. Just a thought.

I don't think I've ever heard of a situation in which LE has discovered remains/a body and it hasn't been made public in a day or two. They may not provide immediate positive ID. But I think if LE had any remains/body, we'd have heard about it?

<modsnipped quoted post>
And also to be limited

@renarde said:
Nothing unusual happened, except for the hardware store being vandalized that evening. Other than that... it was pretty quiet.

...[Bar Owner] Manatt said she left the bar at around midnight that night and noticed that the True Value hardware store nearby had been vandalized. She said she alerted a deputy who then canvassed the area for the vandal but “it was very quiet. Not many people were out.”

Fox News has confirmed that police have taken copies of all surveillance tapes associated with Mollie's disappearance from Casey’s General Store. ...
Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

Casey's General Store is not the hardware store they are two different places. The hardware store is a True Value.

Welcome new members
Our website name is a bit of a misnomer. It does not mean that we sleuth everybody and anybody connected to a crime. We don't sleuth potential suspects or a member's favorite pet suspect of the day or week. Along with the victim, we only sleuth those who have been specifically named or designated as a suspect or POI by law enforcement.

When law enforcement refuses to state who is a suspect, who isn’t a suspect or if there are any suspects that does not mean the door is open to randomly accuse anyone we want. Again -We only sleuth those who have been specifically named or designated as a suspect or POI by law enforcement.

Our standards are unique and different then other sites in that we are victim friendly. Victim friendly includes the victim, victim's family, and friends. To uphold the integrity of a case and to respect the victim we don't allow rumor. Information garnered from facebook comments is considered rumor. We sleuth true crime evidence such as aerial maps, crime scene photos, timelines etc which are verifiable or supported by mainstream media, law enforcement, court documents or a court of law.

Please become familiar with our rules before posting as they are strictly enforced and offer more detail than I have written. By enlisting as a member you have agreed to abide and adhere by our terms of service.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

To familiarize yourself with Mollie's case check the links at this section:
IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Bumping this up for new members...

A suggestion of how long the dogs were left in the basement is if they 'went to the bathroom' inside the house. They are probably potty trained but they can only hold it so long even if potty trained. That info could help them know how long Mollie was gone. Just a thought.
The boyfriend I believe, said that there was nothing at all unusual about the condition of the dogs. Defecating in the house would definitely be important to your point. But his statement leads me to believe that wasn’t the case.

The FBI visiting him multiple times, his refusal to take a polygraph, and the idiocy of telling Fox News (which broadcast it to the world) that he refused a polygraph, are sending up my radar up to the moon.

When asked why criminals seem to do the dumbest things, an FBI friend of mine said "we don't always catch the smart ones." People seem to have this picture of the criminal mastermind but that's the exceptionally rare case, not the norm.

IDK about you, but when I search I can look for days over and over, then suddenly there it is.

Once my father found something my mother lost. She had prayed to St Jude. So St Jude got the credit. My dad says: "I can never win, huh"?
We had a 2 year old toddler go missing here in TN. He was found 1.5 miles from his home in an area that had been searched multiple times. I always get nervous when I hear they found nothing close to the home. I am sure the cornfields make it a nightmare for searing in Brooklyn area.

The sheriff's call log - posted on their Facebook page - clearly shows that the Missing Persons report was at 5:56pm on July 19th. There is no mistake on when she was reported missing. When law enforcement thinks she went missing is an entirely different matter.

Exactly. And I'm sure the family provided a timeline of everything they did before filing a formal report at 5:56pm. Calling friends, family, work places, school buildings, known hang-out spots, hospitals, etc. I think the first thing that would come to most people's minds is maybe Mollie was hit by a car or in some type of accident rather an immediately going to a missing person/abduction.

I don't think I've ever heard of a situation in which LE has discovered remains/a body and it hasn't been made public in a day or two. They may not provide immediate positive ID. But I think if LE had any remains/body, we'd have heard about it?

Jmo it gets out within hours...or sooner. They cannot hide all the vehicles involved when a body is found and the media, or some media, is surely watching...

ETA: Whoops! I was posting this at the same time @Harmony 2 was reposting the rules. I didn't intend to dogpile.

They have not been identified as POIs or suspects. There are posts about this from the mods on the first page of the thread.

Thank you for the reminder, @Doghairrules. <3

bumping:

You may discuss the contents of this article but you may not trash him or accuse him of being guilty. Only the content of the article and his statements can be discussed. No additional sleuthing of his background beyond what is in the article. He is not a suspect or a POI but because he is interviewed in MSM we are allowing limited discussion.

Iowan With Multiple Stalking Charges Admits To Police Questioning in Search For Mollie Tibbetts

Welcome new members
Our website name is a bit of a misnomer. It does not mean that we sleuth everybody and anybody connected to a crime. We don't sleuth potential suspects or a member's favorite pet suspect of the day or week. Along with the victim, we only sleuth those who have been specifically named or designated as a suspect or POI by law enforcement.

When law enforcement refuses to state who is a suspect, who isn’t a suspect or if there are any suspects that does not mean the door is open to randomly accuse anyone we want. Again -We only sleuth those who have been specifically named or designated as a suspect or POI by law enforcement.

Our standards are unique and different then other sites in that we are victim friendly. Victim friendly includes the victim, victim's family, and friends. To uphold the integrity of a case and to respect the victim we don't allow rumor. Information garnered from facebook comments is considered rumor. We sleuth true crime evidence such as aerial maps, crime scene photos, timelines etc which are verifiable or supported by mainstream media, law enforcement, court documents or a court of law.

Please become familiar with our rules before posting as they are strictly enforced and offer more detail than I have written. By enlisting as a member you have agreed to abide and adhere by our terms of service.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

To familiarize yourself with Mollie's case check the links at this section:
IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Last edited:
You would think there would be ways to search above that could recognize things out of the ordinary in the cornfields, like depth finders on boats do in the water. I know there is ways to detect heat but what about a different density hidden in the fields...does anyone know?

I have the Fitbit Ionic. It uses Bluetooth, Wifi and has it’s own built in GPS. Doesn’t need a phone to update fitness records like the others. It has it’s own IP address as well. So, these types of trackers do exist!

Here is a link that explains more. https://blog.fitbit.com/phone-free-fitbit-ionic-features/
Nice! I went to an Apple Watch once I decided Fitbits were not for me, but it was before they came out with those.

I think the consensus in earlier threads was that the one she is wearing in the available pictures is a Charge or Aria (or at least one of those more rectangular band-types not the watch-types). So hers wouldn't have had that feature set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member