Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture of the Red Shirt looks like it is a brand new shirt. It does not show wear or wash and dried. The letters have not shown signs of being dried. IMO, red clothes fade a tiny bit each time they are washed.

It seems a bit suspicious that this area had already been searched, then the red shirt shows up!

I don’t believe the real perp would be dumb enough to put this red shirt out after his property had been searched!

It makes me think someone is trying to set him up as the guilty perp. Why?

Did a Google search for whether or not search dogs were being used, and came across some interesting quotes from news articles (the first link involves this forum, so I won’t quote it, but thought it was interesting), although none had any information about search dogs.

The rest show how confused the media is in getting the facts straight. In the last linked news story, I finally found an answer about search dogs.

With few answers around Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance, citizen sleuths surface online

Authorities said Tibbetts may have been wearing denim shorts and a red T-shirt when she disappeared. Anyone with information has been asked to call police.

Fitbit may be key to finding Iowa student who went for a jog last week and hasn’t been seen since

Investigators involved in the search announced on Thursday they have executed search warrants for Tibbetts’s Fitbit, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook accounts in hopes of finding information that could help locate her. Authorities told CBS News that Tibbetts sent a Snapchat to her boyfriend, Jack Dolton, around 10 p.m. It is unclear if Tibbett went missing the night of July 18 or the morning of July 19.

Reward in University of Iowa student's disappearance doubles as search continues

Investigators searching for Mollie Tibbetts have received information from Fitbit, which made the fitness tracker the missing woman is thought to have been wearing, an Iowa TV station has reported.

Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

Mollie Tibbetts’ investigation took a twist when investigators went back to an area that was already searched, this time with cadaver dogs.

Despite Unsuccessful Search, Mollie’s Cousin Remains Hopeful

Is it known if Mollie's jogging routine would be near the pig farm that the FBI conducted a search?

What is the distance from where Mollie was staying to the pig farm?

I always want to know details that are very rarely given. Like was it usual for the dogs to go to the basement? Or did/could the perp have put the dogs there? I know an odd question. I just want to question everyone myself!

The population of Guernsey is less than 100 and the population of Deep River is under 300. Where do these folks shop? Do they pay their electric bills somewhere other than Brooklyn? What "communities to the south"? They are all on the other side of 80. Do they head for Montezuma?

I was struck how the Poweshiek County seat is not the most populous. That is Grinnell. By a large margin. Of course Grinnell has a college there too which may inflate their numbers Grinnell College is reportedly considered one of the Hidden Ivies schools. I was surprised there was such a school in Powershiek County.

Hidden Ivies - Wikipedia[/QUOTE

Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime

A suggestion of how long the dogs were left in the basement is if they 'went to the bathroom' inside the house. They are probably potty trained but they can only hold it so long even if potty trained. That info could help them know how long Mollie was gone. Just a thought.

Agreed. Was thinking the same. It's been mentioned that, perhaps, Mollie put the dogs in the basement and then headed (on her jog) to her Mom's, with the intent of eating dinner & staying overnight at her Mom's (and going to work from there). Being a pet owner, I can't see that happening as the dogs would have likely been let out right before Mollie went to bed and then again in the morning.

I always want to know details that are very rarely given. Like was it usual for the dogs to go to the basement? Or did/could the perp have put the dogs there? I know an odd question. I just want to question everyone myself!
The dogs were regularly put in the basement when the home was unoccupied. A perp also could have forced Mollie to put them there. I’m going with the first scenario though, as I find it more likely.

What has shocked me the most, was the number of people in this community stating they don’t lock their doors at night. We live in rural TN and our doors are always locked. When my husband and I went on vacation, We got a security motion alert and it was a video of my 23 year old son locking the front door before going to bed.

Yup... it's still that way in many rural places. I live in one and can attest that there are still those that leave doors unlocked. O/T but amusing. Hubby is from a rural state in the Northeast I grew up in MA so locked my doors always. Went to visit his mom who lives on a dirt road out in the middl
Is it known if Mollie's jogging routine would be near the pig farm that the FBI conducted a search?

What is the distance from where Mollie was staying to the pig farm?

approximately 13 miles away... too far

Exactly, it’s irrelevant to the facts we have. Mollie was reported missing when she didn’t show up for work the following morning. That is all that is relevant, not reporting requirements.

I think it is useful to understand where and when and what the procedure for reporting anyone is.
Mollie was an adult at the time of her disappearance so the juvenile stuff is irrelevant but it is interesting, and from my chair IOWA State Public Safety folks brought it into this case when they attached their annual report for missing persons 2018.

Agreed. Was thinking the same. It's been mentioned that, perhaps, Mollie put the dogs in the basement and then headed (on her jog) to her Mom's, with the intent of eating dinner & staying overnight at her Mom's (and going to work from there). Being a pet owner, I can't see that happening as the dogs would have likely been let out right before Mollie went to bed and then again in the morning.

I believe the boyfriend said when he arrived home after finding out she was missing that the dogs were in perfect condition and well fed and watered, which I agree would be unusual after 24 hours..especially if they hadn't relieved themselves...but nobody LE or family has mentioned that.

I think the basement is basically what they used to kennel the dogs up. I don’t think it happened in the house. We have a pit/lab mix, like theirs, and had something happened in the home, I feel he or she would have been distressed when they found them in the basement and I can’t imagine a stranger placing them in the basement. Ours wouldn’t let a stranger touch them. The lab/pit mix is a very large dog and an amazing protector from my experience.

The picture of the Red Shirt looks like it is a brand new shirt. It does not show wear or wash and dried. The letters have not shown signs of being dried. IMO, red clothes fade a tiny bit each time they are washed.

It seems a bit suspicious that this area had already been searched, then the red shirt shows up!

I don’t believe the real perp would be dumb enough to put this red shirt out after his property had been searched!

It makes me think someone is trying to set him up as the guilty perp. Why?
I haven’t seen a picture of the shirt that was found. Admittedly, I skipped a few pages in this thread to catch up, but last I heard LE was not acknowledging that a red shirt was found. I have seen photos in the media of the type of shirt she wore to camp. That one was in perfect condition. Do you have a link to the photo of the red shirt that was found?

Wow. You found random women?!

Maybe we have a divergent definition of 'random'

1. The girl graduated from BGM as I recall. A few miles from where this guy lives. And she is 20. So she has been around the county for a few rodeos.

2. He admitted to 'one case of stalking an ex-girlfriend'. Wrong. The fact of the matter is that he has a long (it's public) record including trespassing, violation of restraining orders, stalking, and harassment. Again public records, not hearsay. For 22 years now. One in another county.

3. He said this: “I don’t know who those two were but they took me down to the fire station Tuesday and questioned me for two hours. I don`t remember what they asked me.”

Who out there goes with two guys whom he doesn't know to answer questions he cannot remember?

The fellow may be innocent, of course. And no one is accusing him right now, but these are public statements and not accusations. And agreed he has never (that we know of) been involved in this serious an event. He deserves due process.

But dang......

Wayne Cheney: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Have they searched every basement in the town? It could be done in a day. Just saying and I know they need warrants but I would be forthcoming if it was in my town, just to eliminate all speculation and see who wouldn’t be automatically forthcoming about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member