Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the boyfriend said when he arrived home after finding out she was missing that the dogs were in perfect condition and well fed and watered, which I agree would be unusual after 24 hours..especially if they hadn't relieved themselves...but nobody LE or family has mentioned that.

Do we know who showed up at the house (where Mollie was dog sitting) first (once it was determined she was missing)?

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our many new members to Websleuths. Please remember Websleuths is not like the other discussion forums. We are heavily moderated. Our goal is to stay on topic, not tear apart innocent people, and see what we can come up with looking at the evidence presented to the public by the mainstream media or law enforcement.

Here is a link to our rules. The Rules

This means you cannot randomly accuse someone of killing Mollie.

You cannot link to other sources like random YouTube videos or Facebook pages and post information from these places.

WC are initials of the pig farmer who has been brought in for questioning and had his property searched in connection with Mollie's disappearance. Police have not named him as a person of interest.

In a situation like this where a person has not been named a suspect but the police appear to be interested in him, we only allow the initials of the person to be used
This does not mean you can discuss anyone else. You can't start using Mollie's boyfriend's initials and then you post you think he may have been involved. We are doing this with WC only. Keep in mind each case is different. What we allow in another case on Websleuths does not mean we will allow the same type of discussion in Mollie's case.

As far as WC, one of our media sources that we have given the OK to use is Heavy.com

Heavy.com has provided a WC Five Fast Facts You Need to Know.

If you want to discuss what Heavy.com has provided you must use only the initials WC.

Please, do not outright accuse WC of taking Mollie, no remarks about looks, clothing, or any other insults.

The media frenzy surrounding Mollie's case is jaw-dropping and the story keeps getting bigger and bigger. As this happens sometimes the facts become lost and rumors take over.

Please stick to the facts of the case.

Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

Mollie Tibbets: FBI to question hog farmer for third time in connection with missing college student

The first round of questioning for hog farmer WC, 56, of Deep River, occurred on July 26, days before authorities searched an area close to a hog farm between Guernsey and Deep River on Thursday.

On August 3, an FBI agent showed up on the doorstep WC’s Deep River home again. The agent stayed around 10 minutes before leaving, but it’s still unclear what was discussed.

WC indicated that the FBI agent said he would return on Sunday to question him further.

There is a reason that shortly after FBI came on the scene, the pig farm was descended upon. That didn't just occur out of thin air. The proximity of WC to that pig farm is also interesting. 3rd interview? Refusal to take poly? Also interesting.
I wish they had organized searches with the townspeople that resulted in them walking the corn rows one by one.
Am I correct that the "red shirt" is a rumor? LE has said nothing about the red shirt yet? If rumor, can we stop talking about the red shirt?
It's very hard to see the decline of Mollie's mom. I see the despair of a mom losing hope. Breaks my heart.
Also, the above article quoted is the first time I see a direct quote attributed to Mollie's mom that says she thinks Mollie did NOT make it home from the jog

..I have daughters and I don't like them going jogging at habitual times--which they don't
..one rule of security is to change your habits /routes/etc --
..can things still happen? sure--but it makes it harder for something like this to happen
..I also tell my wife don't walk the dog at habitual times
..can someone describe how detailed a Fitbit can be?? locations/etc?? thanks

On the one hand it seems like a genuine boneheaded move to leave evidence laying around on your property if in fact you had done something illegal. To me, that sounds more like someone being set up, intentionally.
On the other hand, WC being so overly "confident" that they (LE) wont find anything... sort of creeps me out.
Then on the other hand, the FBI are a lot smarter than me and know a lot more about this case than I do, and they're wanting to speak to WC yet again?

"During an interview with Fox News, Cheney said he would allow the FBI to search his entire property; he expressed confidence that the bureau wouldn't find anything. So far, he said, the FBI has searched his home, some of his property and his cellphone."
FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts

I’m so confused as to why no one checked on Mollie if she was supposed to have dinner at her mom’s house and never showed. Was that normal behavior for her? To just flake out on plans and not let anyone know? I live close to my parents, within walking distance and we speak everyday. If I told them I was coming over for dinner and didn’t show up, they would call me and see what was up... and if they didn’t get an answer, they would drop by and so on.. I don’t understand this.

Also, regarding the smal town/feeling safe thing.. I live in a small town similar to Mollie in size, it’s a rural area...there’s a cornfield practically in our backyard. However, I definitely lock my doors despite the fact that I live in a low crime area. I’m pretty surprised her boyfriend suggested she probably didn’t lock the doors, being there alone and all.

There is a reason that shortly after FBI came on the scene, the pig farm was descended upon. That didn't just occur out of thin air. The proximity of WC to that pig farm is also interesting. 3rd interview? Refusal to take poly? Also interesting.
I wish they had organized searches with the townspeople that resulted in them walking the corn rows one by one.
Am I correct that the "red shirt" is a rumor? LE has said nothing about the red shirt yet? If rumor, can we stop talking about the red shirt?
It's very hard to see the decline of Mollie's mom. I see the despair of a mom losing hope. Breaks my heart.
Also, the above article quoted is the first time I see a direct quote attributed to Mollie's mom that says she thinks Mollie did NOT make it home from the jog

The 3rd interview is a bit misleading since the second time they were there just 5-10 minutes, basically just to tell him they would be back on Sunday.

They did search the cornfields row by row.

It was reported that A red shirt was found, but it is not known whether or not it is Mollie's red shirt or if she even had a third red shirt. Her mother has accounted for two of them.

I think they want to speak to WC again because he seems like the obvious suspect. But maybe too obvious in my opinion.. like the person in a movie that they want you to believe did it but in actuality, had nothing to do with it. I have a feeling it’s someone she knew/was close to..I don’t know why, just something I’ve felt since I started following the case.

On the one hand it seems like a genuine boneheaded move to leave evidence laying around on your property if in fact you had done something illegal. To me, that sounds more like someone being set up, intentionally.
On the other hand, WC being so overly "confident" that they (LE) wont find anything... sort of creeps me out.
Then on the other hand, the FBI are a lot smarter than me and know a lot more about this case than I do, and they're wanting to speak to WC yet again?

FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
Good points as always. Do you remember the DeOrr Kunz case? I'm sure you do. Remember the impromptu interview with grandpa's friend (can't remember his name off the top) that sparked so many to say "He's the one, dang it!!" ? (initials IR)
This is just one example I can think of in regards to strange "at the door" kinda interviews....
Growing up on a farm and starting life in a town much smaller than Mollie's, (where I still visit), hogs scare the living life outta me and always will. Especially the sows.
My grandfather taught me early to stay away.
He doesn't creep me out as much as the possibility of "planted" evidence.
Just saying...
jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads