Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the Deep River Timber Reserve? It is 3 miles further south from the Lincoln Wildlife Area and much bigger.

It is a farm area, but a woodsy, river-y, pond-y area (did I make up words). You can see miles and miles in late fall-winter-early spring, but now with corn you cannot see squat.

The woods and bogs and river areas are very dense. Used to be great hunting because the wild life can hang out there. While Iowa is not N Carolina or Virginia, or Wisconsin, Mich etc for scenery, it isn't totally flat.

Look at this for a taste: Northeast Iowa - Larry-Lindell

Been in this area for 40 years, although mainly with female and child victims. Have experience with perps. Also know rural areas.

1. The 'stranger' is a very rare occurrence. It happens, but mostly in movies or headline cases. Stats are unreliable because violence to prostitutes is 'stranger' violence; that happens alot.
2. Mental illness on a person's part. It occurs that a person decides to run away because of depression or mania. Generally the person would not leave glasses and personal things. But the person is not thinking logically. Her case does not argue for that.
3. The odds are someone in the area or a non-blood relative.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. And that is not all that good.

- Sadists or sex offenders tend to escalate. Erotic desires might go from 'rough' to mean', to gag, to tie up, to use a weapon, to harm. It is like tolerance for a drug. Again a perp is not a perp until he perps. And 'accidents happen' where things get out of control.
- A 'normal' person can suffer dementia or a head injury and become deviant. That is actually not uncommon.
4. The people in rural communities often know the area like the back of their hand, and for miles and miles around. Always amazed me.
5. We could like come up with 100 suspects within a 50 mile radius. That would include hog farmers, priests, doctors, lawyers, truck drivers, bums etc. And the best liars are the most educated ones -- I have seen it.
I have a question for you; could a stranger, not related or known to the owner of pig farm, get to where the pigs are contained ( forgot the name of it), and dispose of phone and fit bit there undetected? Or for that matter anywhere on the property, especially during night when it's dark?

Would there be a difference if she were unconscious by nefarious means? Either way, it should be a useful clue.

That's an excellent thought. Normal sleep would include movements during normal sleep events (REM for instance).

I bet someone drugged does not exhibit at normal sleep movement patterns.

Last edited:
Wouldn't broken stalks and/or vehicle tracks lead a trail to the body?
It should -- entering carrying or dragging a body should disturb the stalks, but where to start looking? Which cornfield?
Just a thought...:)

Legally in Iowa there are no emancipated minors. Fact.
Perhaps the law has changed. I have the papers we filed and this;

Iowa Code Section 232C.1 permits emancipation of a minor upon the filing of a Petition for an Order for Emancipation in juvenile court if all of the following apply: a. the minor is sixteen years of age or older; b.Oct 18, 2012

I have a question for you; could a stranger, not related or known to the owner of pig farm, get to where the pigs are contained ( forgot the name of it), and dispose of phone and fit bit there undetected? Or for that matter anywhere on the property, especially during night when it's dark?

Excellent question. Would these big operations, which I am guessing involve a whole lot of money, have CCTV? Check the pigs without walking the entire place?

Have they even asked farm owners to check their land and fields? LE can’t search the whole county.
Yes. They did large on the ground volunteer searches of the fields, drone searches from the air, had dogs out, and the sheriff was quoted early on saying he was confident that every piece of land, building, outbuilding, etc., had been searched. They definitely also asked everyone to check their own land.

From Victims of Crime. org:
  • 7.5 million people are stalked in one year in the United States.
  • Over 85% of stalking victims are stalked by someone they know.
  • 61% of female victims and 44% of male victims of stalking are stalked by a current or former intimate partner.
  • 25% of female victims and 32% of male victims of stalking are stalked by an acquaintance.
  • About 1 in 5 of stalking victims are stalked by a stranger.
  • Persons aged 18-24 years experience the highest rate of stalking.

Not sure, but animals raise all kinds of noise. Not an expert on hog confinement. In the old days you could not get all that close -- muddy and smelly and full of manure.

I recently told my wife of a story when I was a kid. My cousin grabbed a piglet when we were in the pen. The mother sow charged at us, and would have killed us -- no kidding.

Hogs are carnivores or multivores.

Perhaps the law has changed. I have the papers we filed and this;

Iowa Code Section 232C.1 permits emancipation of a minor upon the filing of a Petition for an Order for Emancipation in juvenile court if all of the following apply: a. the minor is sixteen years of age or older; b.Oct 18, 2012

Could be. Not relevant here anyway. Didn't mean to argue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member