Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so sorry. I just saw my post was altered. I apologize. I thought by using initials and not listing the site or poster, I was not in violation. I’m very sorry and respect your monitoring.
I regret registering and posting. I really did think it might be of importance and was not in anyway slandering.
Again, I’m sorry about this.
Thank you.

I've been thinking about the timing and place of the abduction.

I was favoring an abduction after 10pm and before 7.30am, but I'm now changing my mind to before Mollie returned home from the jog.

In the house there are two powerful dogs who are likely to be protective of Mollie. Who would know the dogs would be in the basement right at the time Mollie is abducted? Yet it's very convenient for an attacker that the dogs were in the basement.

There's also been talk on here that it could be someone who knew Mollie's bf and his brother and fiancee were out of town. But if Mollie is taken while on the run no one needs to know that the house is otherwise empty of humans and that they'll have extra hours before Mollie is missed.

So this could point to someone with a lesser connection to Mollie and a lesser knowledge of what's happening in her life that week and that particular evening. It could still be a peripheral character in the town, or the local towns, and what I'm seeing in G maps of the roads suggests to me that is more likely than a complete outsider, but an abduction while still out on the run reduces so many 'problems' and 'coincidences'.

This explains the jogging clothing being the main outfit LE have mentioned in connection with Mollie. It explains why we don't really have any solid claim of someone having a text or snapchat 'conversation' with Mollie after 7.30pm. The snapchat sent to DJ could have been sent earlier, the suggestion that it was a 'goodnight' snap seems to have disappeared lately so if DJ thought Mollie was going on the jog at 7.30 and didn't even check for more messages from Mollie after that, she might have sent one more to him between 7.30 and 7.45pm that he didn't pick up until 10pm. This explains why Mollie didn't go to her mom's for dinner or even leftovers. The only thing it doesn't explain, that I can think of, is the part about Mollie returning and doing homework after the run, but the homework could have been an error or a fishing expedition by LE.

Linda Massengale is the store manager at Casey's General Store near Mollie's boyfriend Dalton Jack's home. In her interview, she watched the security video from the store, didn't see anything unusual. Gave it to LE. She also says that hundreds walked the corn fields, row by row, looking for Mollie on that Friday.

Mollie Tibbetts' family, friends and community speak about the on-going search

Trying to clear this up, Linda said she didn't see anything unusual but I didn't base that off her watching surveillance video(s)? Sounded to me she was talking more off the whim?

According to the article:

Linda says "...she's unable to share the surveillance tape with Fox News Investigates, but talked about sharing it with authorities and what she remembers from those nights..."

This is my line of thinking as well. Each time W has been asked about the public being at risk, he has given the cookie-cutter reply (I would tell everyone to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings, etc...), but (to me), he appears almost annoyed when he says it. Just speaking for myself, I get the impression this is someone Mollie knew (or, at least, someone who knew Mollie).

Or someone from outside of town. No reason for the Brooklyn residents to be especially vigilant if the abductor is long gone and not coming back.

The comments on here this morning about the seeming cone of silence from friends and locals seems totally on point. I am not sure if this has been dictated by LE, the MT family or small town walls being put up? The comments from posters that have lived or do live in small towns have been super helpful IMO to provide understanding as to why locals might not be stepping up to possibly report on their neighbors and possibly even family members. I agree with whoever said money most likely won't move a local whose life and livihood revolves around Brooklyn. I am glad this investigation is out of the hands of the locals and that state and federal authorities are involved. This isn't to say that local LC can't add a huge amount to the investigation, they absolutely can, but the interrelationships amongst the townspeople might make solving this particular case virtually impossible by anyone other than a state or federal official. The town history is particularly interesting and there is some great information online and there definately is a sense of 'founding families' that is present. Wonder how this all plays into town social dynamics?

Thread 13 *sigh* where are you Mollie?

Could I kindly ask that if members post any news articles, please include a brief synopsis for those of us in Eupore who are unable to view the links?
Thank you in advance.

I second this. I would also like to take a moment to thank those who have transcribed and/or given us the synopsis. It's very frustrating; some stuff I can see, and some I can't and I got nasty emails from my ISP when I tried to skirt around it. ;)

"I cannot tell you why Mollie is missing."[/QUOTE]

Using this response, and some WebSleuthers putting forth that MAYBE (very slim chance) the perp is female......,

.....and as they have written in their posts, ...Perhaps, jealousy is a motive? (Sounds farfetched to me,... but let's go with it some more.)

(Esp. me, I'm "supposed to be" cleaning the house; But I'm sitting on my duff, ......Sleuthing here.)

Fact: Different humans evidence that Laziness in a variety of Ways. (Some, even ...kidnap/kill/whatever ........to get what they feel entitled to....but are unwilling to put in the hard work to earn or achieve the goal in the "long haul", honest way.)

FACT: It is really HARD WORK to keep a relationship going for 3 years. (...... Especially when you are a young adult. Especially when you presented with many attractive options. Especially when you are very busy creating your adult life on the fly. Especially when there a million demands and expectations on you from friends, family and community! You do not even know yourself at this age!)

DJ and MT sound like they are amazing Young People.

They are also a devoted couple to each other. They are both very attractive, inwardly and outwardly. They work hard. They are close to their families. They have a lot of great stuff on their collective and joint plate(s) (job; college; big trip; wedding coming; and maybe even their own engagement soon...)

To someone who is emotionally immature, this couple looks like they have everything. That person (
She) doesn't realize that it is a lot of hard work. But,....This couple still have to negotiate everything,.... sacrifice, make tough decisions, argue, make-up, build trust over many years, and do all the complicated painful and joyful things that a couple married 5, ....... 10, 20 years are going to have to do.

It's hard work, but She doesn't see that.

Maybe She came on to DJ? Recently? Maybe She's been friends with him since first grade. Maybe she is even an acquaintance (in that 3rd circle of acquaintances ) of Molly's, and is in touch with Molly occasionally.

What if She came on to DJ, in the last year, and he said, "Nah, .........no thanks, I only belong to Molly."

_____
I doubt LE even entertains the idea of a female perp. Statistically, it is just not possible. Really.

But WebSleuthers always forces me to think outside the box.

( It is VERY RARE for young men to have the same girlfriend for 3 years. He must look very attractive to other young women. Could this be a case of : "I really have always loved Dalton Jack. I need to eliminate the person who is preventing me from having him" ? )

This young woman could be one of following:
(1) daughter of LE, so she has access to, and/or knowledge of guns/stun-gun, etc.
(2) daughter of a farmer, so she knows how to use rope, and can subdue/restrain, a living creature quickly.
(3) daughter of a fisherman/boat-owner, same as #2.
(4) daughter of a hunter, same as #1 and #2.

Yeah, I don't believe it either. But I'm REALLY grabbing at straws here.

I'll be surprised if this turns out to be someone she knew. I don't think I've ever seen a case where a jogger was attacked or abducted by an known acquaintance.

And, sadly, these cases usually end up with the search for a body. She didn't just jog away from her life. These cases are almost cookie cutter in a way: young woman goes out for a jog, sometimes in the late afternoon/evening. Someone sees her -- it's a crime of opportunity and they decide to strike. Usually a sexually motivated crime.

There are a lot of creepy people in the world and there's no lack of them in all kinds of places, even small rural towns. It's one reason why girls and women are advised to run with a buddy in less populated areas.

MOO but this is not some random internet stalker. The problem with that as I see it is that in this small town a person loitering around whom nobody in town knew would be immediately noticed and pointed out by locals and we would already have reports of locals reporting a stranger in town. I have had experience in small towns both as resident and as outsider and everyone in town knows when someone new is hanging around, and locals aren't shy about asking who you are, where you come from and what you're doing there. Even if you're just a family passing through for lunch on a family road trip. As far as locals protecting Mollie as one of their own too, I think that this is exactly the strategy LE is going for and whether someone steps forward or not will depend on the perceived power structure of the town... and where Mollie and the potential perp fit in.

This town is pretty close to the Interstate, and just south of US Highway 6. There are going to be strangers driving through, taking the interstate exit to get gas/food, or driving through to get to other nearby farm towns, etc.

I just would like to "Thank" the owner, the Mods and everyone here for this website and its content. It is not easy running a website like this both hardware and software wise in addition to keeping everyone "in line". Kudos to everyone behind the scenes!! :)

I’m so sorry. I just saw my post was altered. I apologize. I thought by using initials and not listing the site or poster, I was not in violation. I’m very sorry and respect your monitoring.
I regret registering and posting. I really did think it might be of importance and was not in anyway slandering.
Again, I’m sorry about this.
Thank you.
Oh don't regret coming here. It's a learning curve. We have all be there.

So it makes perfect sense if Mollie saw any vehicle she could simply think it was someone who got off of work and was dropping off their payment! And since this area was known to her, she would not be on alert if a car or vehicle showed up at any hour most likely.

Good point. This is one of the reasons I'm wondering whether or not that Electric Co-Op services the area around the hog farm and/or whether WC is a customer.

On WS, we often assume "oh, LE prob has a suspect and is waiting for them to trip up"...maybe bc we hope this is the case.

But in many cases I've watched unfold on WS and in real life, we have speculated LE knew more, but they actually didn't. They may have had more information about people of interest they were watching, but they didn't have a conclusive reason to favor one over another. Later, when the crime was solved (like when a perp turned up who finally matched DNA on Chelsea Bruck's body), LE finally got what they were looking for. But they had never suspected that perp in the initial investigation.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

*Do not post screenshots of social media pages.

*Posting information garnered from comments or posting information about comments under articles or various sites is not allowed.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

He was identified and is from Des Moines, IA. Not the same person: Police 'continue to pursue' man taking photos of girls in Pella

RSBM. I think one reason people (including myself) are speculating that it wasn't INITIALLY super violent is that it doesn't seem (from the little bit we know) that there was much of a trail left at the house, or anything that really stood out around town. It seems like there would have been something noticeable, particularly if it happened in the house, if it were super violent. Maybe not, but that's where some of my reasoning is coming from.

Knowing that Mollie typically picked up the car in the evening before dusk, it places her outside and alone on the streets twice: once for her 45 minute run, and once to collect the car.

Given that the dogs were in the basement, it's seems more likely that she was abducted when she was picking up the car. That means no crime scene except perhaps something on the side of the street between the house-sit and her mom's house. Has anyone local seen searches along the route that she would typically take when going to her mom's house?

The missing phone, Fitbit, jogging clothes, dogs in the basement, and the fact that she did not go to her mom's for dinner nor pick up the car indicate that she may have been abducted in the evening, either during or just after her jog. And nobody heard from her in the morning.

The alleged missing red shirt, the Snapchat that her boyfriend opened at 10 PM, and the possibility that she was doing homework on her computer after her jog indicate that she may have been abducted long after she arrived at her boyfriend's home or the following morning.

IMHO, the stronger indicators are the ones that point to an evening abduction. We don't yet have all of the facts nailed down, but until we have more information, this is my best guess.

As another poster indicated above, here we are on Thread 13 :(

Are any locals or VI's on this thread right now? If so, can you tell us if there are any searches being conducted today? If so, where, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber