Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if this was planned, one might "stake out" a spot ahead of time. This is the 19th and the 18th together.

I think with the lack of overall evidence that is available to me, it is causing me to reach a little bit.

Unfortunately, all we can do is reach at this point

Even if this body body turns out not to be Mollie, this type of result is one that everyone should be prepared for, especially as the days and weeks tick by. Hopefully we get more details soon.

Body found in Iowa
Investigators said they are "keenly aware of the Mollie Tibbetts investigation and have no reason to believe that the decedent is that of Mollie Tibbetts."

Officials said they are not commenting on the death investigation or the Mollie Tibbetts investigation at this time.

Body discovered in rural Iowa
So a girl is missing 2 hours away and they have “no reason to believe” it’s Mollie? Seems odd to say it that way.

Body found in Iowa
Investigators said they are "keenly aware of the Mollie Tibbetts investigation and have no reason to believe that the decedent is that of Mollie Tibbetts."

Officials said they are not commenting on the death investigation or the Mollie Tibbetts investigation at this time.

Body discovered in rural Iowa
Makes my stomach turn over:
Detectives confirmed the report that it was the body of a white female in their early to mid-20's.

I wonder why they have no reason to believe a body of a female found in her early to mid 20's would not be Mollie. Maybe height, weight, hair coloring......but then who is it?

I also don't think they would say that it might be if it might be because of her family. They wouldn't want to speculate publicly about it until they had more reason. MOO.

Did they go back toWC's home today as he said they said they would?
I haven’t heard anything in regards to that. Perhaps tomorrow, we’ll hear something.

I have been wondering this too re the cameras. I know *nothing* about tech (can’t even get my new iPhone to sync with iCloud, but in my defense, the guy at the Genius Bar couldn’t either) but would the camera thing be under an “IT” purview?

(Edited to fix spelling of a word.)
Interesting question. Just looked at their website and this is a small company. I didn't see anyone specificially tasked with security. But if the security system is web enabled (many are online these days) then IT might have some involvment with the system or be charged with maintaining the system, backups etc. But in my experience its usually a senior level manager that can activate and deactivate the system.

I don't think it is odd at all. I would never agree to take a polygraph test, for any reason. There is no way of knowing how that might come out. Even if I'm innocent, the polygraph test could backfire on me and raise more suspicions. I would not even be as cooperative as he was. If it was me I would have told them to feel free to search out in the open, and to get a search warrent for anything else. Once you let the cops start questioning you or searching, it just goes on and on, until you finally put a stop to it.

What if your employment depended upon it?? Certain positions are dependent on passing one.

So a girl is missing 2 hours away and they have “no reason to believe” it’s Mollie? Seems odd to say it that way.

It is an odd way of saying it for sure. Leaves the door open that it might actually be. I'd assume that they can clearly see that it is not her due to physical features. But if that was the case I'd expect them to simply say that it's not Mollie.

"No reason to believe" makes it sound as if it could be her, but nothing in the MT investigation has given us any reason to believe that she would be found dead in this spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3