Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know why the reporter said "yet" because the release is clear they do not have any reason to believe the body is Mollie's.

Nick Weig on Twitter

Dj3F21hUwAAgE0H.jpg

"BREAKING NEWS. Not connected to disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts yet but it is being investigated."

I haven’t been able to keep up with every post on this fast moving thread, so if this has been stated before I apologize.

I have lost (misplaced) my fitbit a couple of times, and when I contact Fitbit.com, the customer service agent is able to tell me the location where my fitbit last synched. Then I know that I left it on my desk at work, or that it is beside my bed.

So the last known location where her fitbit synched would be a known fact by LE.

Again, my apologies if this has already been stated. This thread moves way too fast to keep up on during breaks at work.

Has anyone thought that maybe HE was the one who initiated the discussions and called the tip line?

This has been my thought as well and it would explain a lot. If WC actually contacted the authorities to report something, this would explain why he would voluntarily allow a search of his property and would help to explain his answer of "some guy probably grabbed her" ect.

Maybe he isn't being interrogated at all but cooperating with authorities in an effort to solve the crime. That would make sense considering the seemingly welcome and non-aggressive nature of the interactions between WC and LE.

Reward for bringing back Mollie Tibbetts now at $260,000

Snipped and BBM from above article for focus:

Posted: Aug 05, 2018 08:17 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 05, 2018 08:17 AM CDT

BROOKLYN - The reward to bring back Mollie Tibbetts safely has climbed up to $260,000 in less than a week.

IMO, one of the reasons the reward $$$ won't make a difference in MT's case is that she cannot be returned safely and the reward stipulates this as a condition. Sadly, I think foul play is the likeliest scenario given what we know, so they could offer a reward 10 x this amount and it wouldn't help generate tips leading to her safe return...because I don't think that's possible. Again, JMO. :(
I agree completely with this. With the stipulation that she must be returned alive, that ship has very likely sailed.

From the news reports and a few people I know in the area, LE/FBI is still in Brooklyn. Searches have been going on daily. I really feel if it were human trafficking they still wouldn't be concentrating there. The main town portion is only a couple streets of businesses, there are a few larger businesses on the outskirts, and everything else is residential and farm land. The "back roads" cut through to other towns without having to get back on the interstate.

Off the interstate exit, there is a convenience store and gas station - this is a few miles from before entering town.

Thank you. Are they concentrating the searches in a particular area?

I do not know why the reporter said "yet" because the release is clear they do not have any reason to believe the body is Mollie's.

Nick Weig on Twitter

Dj3F21hUwAAgE0H.jpg

"BREAKING NEWS. Not connected to disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts yet but it is being investigated."

I haven't seen anything local on this yet but I can tell you Lee County is two hours away from Brooklyn.

Not really. Polygraphs are inadmissible in Court.
Maybe Cheney watched the episode of Penn & Teller's BS about lie detector tests and how unreliable and flawed they are.
With that knowledge, I probably wouldn't take one either.

However I think that his actions that you listed speak volumes -- he bent over backwards to let them search everything.
I wouldn't read too much into his refusal to take a polygraph.
I honestly don't understand why some public defender or local atty pro bono hasn't steped up to save JC from himself legally? Searching with no warrants (although I think I read there was a warrant generated at some point but I am not 100%), 3 visits to property by LE, unthinking comments to press? If he can't save himself then he needs help.

... makes me wonder if someone broke it that day/night before Mollie went missing, someone who knows how good those cameras usually are. It would be interesting to know how long that camera has not been working.
This is a brilliant point. The whole co-op thing is a solid lead imo. Also, LE might want to look for customers who usually pay during the time period in question, but did not pay that night. A perp might have, stupidly, thought that not paying would keep his name off the radar, when in actuality a single missed payment on that particular evening would be quite telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!