Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Look, just because he's 'stalked' an ex doesn't mean he's a psycho killer. Frankly, WC probably hasn't had a long list of gfs in his life and, when a relationship(s) has ended, he's had a difficult time letting go. I'm not saying he's an innocent man. Who, among us, IS? But I *am* saying that his past does NOT make him guilty of kidnapping (and, likely, killing) anyone. Perhaps LE does have damning evidence against him...but, at this point in time, all we here at Websleuths know is that he has been fully cooperative (aside from possibly declining a polygraph, which I would also do, and I'm infamous for not even killing insects).

Agree. I saw someone had mentioned he could be on the spectrum based on his interview and body language/linguistics of the interview. That could also be the driver behind the stalking. Can’t deal with change.

I think they are using him for guidance of the land and farms around him. Possibly looking at someone in his family even.

It depends on the store's procedures in my mind. Is it a chain store where they have tight inventory policies directed by computers? Or is it a mom and pop where they might not know for sure if it WAS more than vandalism bc some rope or a bottle of cleaning solution turned up missing?
That would be a burglary though, not vandalism. Yes vandalism would be an element of the burglary, but we haven’t heard “burglary” used.

I just don’t see how the vandalism could play into any theory regarding this case.

If someone was trying to get rid of a body a hardware store would be a good place to get supplies. Also, a different line of thought, but whatever happened to Mollie happened quickly. If she had her phone on her she didn't have time to get off a quick 911 call, could be a result of wearing her phone in an arm band.

Here is link to State of Iowa Missing Persons website. I looked for specific requirement on when a missing person's report can be filed and there doesn't seem to be a time restriction (i.e., you have to wait 24 hrs).

Chapter 694

694.1 Missing Persons

As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, "missing person" means a person who is missing and meets one of the following characteristics:

1. Is physically or mentally disabled.
  2. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the missing person's safety may be in danger.
  3. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance was not voluntary.
  4. Is an unemancipated minor.

For purposes of this chapter an "unemancipated minor" means a minor who has not married and who resides with a parent or other legal guardian.
84 Acts, ch 1084, §1;90 Acts, ch 1051, §1; 90 Acts, ch 1233, § 40

My guess would be that the local LE took the report based on either #2 or #3. Any legal folks out there that could shed some light on this?

Both Vanessa

Except in the cases of Vanessa Marcotte and Katrina V, their bodies were quickly found on the trails they jogged. In this case, nothing has been found on the paths Mollie may have jogged.

I keep getting a baaaaad feeling about the cornfields and how thick and tall the corn is at the moment. Someone could be in there and not be seen.

If someone was trying to get rid of a body a hardware store would be a good place to get supplies. Also, a different line of thought, but whatever happened to Mollie happened quickly. If she had her phone on her she didn't have time to get off a quick 911 call, could be a result of wearing her phone in an arm band.
I agree that whatever happened, happened quickly. If the suspect had a weapon, that could have also inhibited her ability to summon help.

If the FBI schedules a visit with you, and tells you they are coming, it’s not an urgency.
If the FBI is coming to visit you, it is not a good thing.

I recently reported a 'phishing' phone call that claimed to be 'federal government'. I talked to the DEA. The DEA officer said 'we never conduct business on the phone".

I commented: "No because you want to use the elements of surprise and intimidation to get answers, don't you".

She laughed: "You got it".

Feds coming to visit and revisit you is bad. They do not waste time.

The 18th as the reporting date is interesting. I don't know what the reporting rules for missing persons is in Iowa (will check and report back) but in my state its 24 hrs before you can fill out a report. Maybe this is a small town and so they took the report sooner rather than waiting.
Just posted the Missing Persons link to State of Iowa website. I'm not an atty but it doesn't look like there is a waiting time period to file a report in Iowa. If there are any legal folks out there that could jump on this issue to better explain that might be useful to all.

That would be a burglary though, not vandalism. Yes vandalism would be an element of the burglary, but we haven’t heard “burglary” used.

Honestly we haven't heard anything at all about it, now that may be because local LE is busy with other things at the moment, but it's possible the store owners don't actually know if anything was taken. Seems there must not be surveillance cameras outside the store or they would already have charged someone. Our local insider should be able to put this line of inquiry to rest pretty quickly.

If the FBI is coming to visit you, it is not a good thing.

I recently reported a 'phishing' phone call that claimed to be 'federal government'. I talked to the DEA. The DEA officer said 'we never conduct business on the phone".

I commented: "No because you want to use the elements of surprise and intimidation to get answers, don't you".

She laughed: "You go it".

As you said, element of surprise. Appointment in a few days has no element of surprise.

I agree that this may be someone that may not have a strong connection with Mollie, but could still be a peripheral character in the town, or the local towns. Perhaps someone had business or personal reasons which placed them on the road she jogs, and just happened upon her while she was jogging. JMO

+1

Very possible...

Here is link to State of Iowa Missing Persons website. I looked for specific requirement on when a missing person's report can be filed and there doesn't seem to be a time restriction (i.e., you have to wait 24 hrs).

Chapter 694

694.1 Missing Persons

As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, "missing person" means a person who is missing and meets one of the following characteristics:

1. Is physically or mentally disabled.
  2. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the missing person's safety may be in danger.
  3. Is missing under circumstances indicating that the disappearance was not voluntary.
  4. Is an unemancipated minor.

For purposes of this chapter an "unemancipated minor" means a minor who has not married and who resides with a parent or other legal guardian.
84 Acts, ch 1084, §1;90 Acts, ch 1051, §1; 90 Acts, ch 1233, § 40

My guess would be that the local LE took the report based on either #2 or #3. Any legal folks out there that could shed some light on this?

Not to mention Iowa does not have emancipated minors.

What model of Fitbit did Mollie have?

Thread moving so fast. Cant keep up. LOL

I dont have it handy but much much discussion of the model was done on previous threads and the concensus was it was a model that needed the APP downloaded to pull GPS information from the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb