Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body could be obviously not her. Maybe recently deceased and looks nothing like her?
Yeah. There’s a couple of ways to read that quote. Either they are indicating that they don’t believe it to be her, or they are saying we don’t currently have a reason to believe it is her. It’s been so long that I would expect decomposition to be quite extensive. And the fact that they were able to apparently determine her age within such a small window of years, leads me to believe this body is not badly decomposed, and likely not Mollie.

Also, if this was planned, one might "stake out" a spot ahead of time. This is the 19th and the 18th together.

I think with the lack of overall evidence that is available to me, it is causing me to reach a little bit.
why are there 2 open line, hangup calls from 1223 Forest home road in montezuma the evening of the 18th and then again on the 19th? this property is owned by a cell phone company and appears to be a commercial building with a pond behind. who would be calling 911 and the sheriff from this location? could it have been Mollie? was this checked out?

Okay does anyone know any other missing 20 somethings in Iowa?? Gonna go try and do some research. It has to be fairly recent if they can say it's not Mollie, means it's not been there too long . Would they lie? Gives them time to get the perp to slip up?

Interesting question. Just looked at their website and this is a small company. I didn't see anyone specificially tasked with security. But if the security system is web enabled (many are online these days) then IT might have some involvment with the system or be charged with maintaining the system, backups etc. But in my experience its usually a senior level manager that can activate and deactivate the system.
Gotcha. When I looked at their site I saw something different, which gave me pause, but I can’t post due to TOS/just generally don’t want to put something out there that is unsubstantiated.

Yes, the town contracts with county to get LE support. This is why I am baffled that they waited 6 days to ask for help. We have so little information that its impossible to know exactly when State and Federal officials stepped in but they clearly did in a big way at some point.

This has been my thought as well and it would explain a lot. If WC actually contacted the authorities to report something, this would explain why he would voluntarily allow a search of his property and would help to explain his answer of "some guy probably grabbed her" ect.

Maybe he isn't being interrogated at all but cooperating with authorities in an effort to solve the crime. That would make sense considering the seemingly welcome and non-aggressive nature of the interactions between WC and LE.

If he's on probation or parole conditions might include warrantless searches of his residence, property or person.

So the lack of a warrant does not necessarily mean WC agreed to a search.

I would think they would have to do an autopsy first to absolutely rule out that it is not Mollie.

I bet it is her. Jmo

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I didn't understand why they would search WC's if they believed they might find something without a warrant. I think he may know information they are trying to get out of him or they are gathering more information to come back with a search warrant?
Yes, exactly. I've never understood why people agree to consensual search when a warrant is inevitable. There are always exceptions of course such as when there is no probable cause for a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca