Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my thought as well and it would explain a lot. If WC actually contacted the authorities to report something, this would explain why he would voluntarily allow a search of his property and would help to explain his answer of "some guy probably grabbed her" ect.

Maybe he isn't being interrogated at all but cooperating with authorities in an effort to solve the crime. That would make sense considering the seemingly welcome and non-aggressive nature of the interactions between WC and LE.
I get this line of thinking but then wouldn't you want to stay under the radar? His performance on his front doorstep with the press is honestly one that I won't foget anytime soon. Who does that?

Okay does anyone know any other missing 20 somethings in Iowa?? Gonna go try and do some research. It has to be fairly recent if they can say it's not Mollie, means it's not been there too long . Would they lie? Gives them time to get the perp to slip up?

She could very well be from Missouri or Illinois, as Lee County sits in the SE corner of the state.

We also don't know the condition of the body. As hard as it sounds, could be beyond recognition. LE may not be willing to confirm anything until further DNA testing.

Although I do find it strange LE would give us a hint at all that it it's not believed to be Mollie. Not sure if we should take this as gospel or be skeptical.

Either way, it's a dead woman; tragic. Heart goes out to the family and friends.

I don't know. Latest Des Moines feed to my inbox also not thought to be Mollie. WTHeck is going on out there???

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Was there another supposed sighting of Mollie?

why are there 2 open line, hangup calls from 1223 Forest home road in montezuma the evening of the 18th and then again on the 19th? this property is owned by a cell phone company and appears to be a commercial building with a pond behind. who would be calling 911 and the sheriff from this location? could it have been Mollie? was this checked out?
I noticed this as well. I went back to search the logs before the 18th and saw there was another open line/hang up call from this location on the 14th as well. Made me think may not be related.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Was there another supposed sighting of Mollie? Honestly, I have a 19 yo daughter who looks like Mollie and I am just waiting for someone to see her and claim to have seen Mollie. Long brown hair and brown eyes are common traits, so there will inevitably be a lot of people who thing they see her. How terribly difficult for the family.
Talking about a body of a white female discovered about 2 hours away.

But didn't they go to him very early on. I think so.
I think so too. I’m just saying that when he was wearing those clothes, in that interview with reporters, over two weeks had passed.

I wonder what the pig farmer's alibi looks like the night she went missing

Are there other missing 20-something year old women in that area or surrounding areas?

There is a missing girl from Indianola but she is 16 years old. Someone mentioned on another forum Lee County is not that far from the Missouri border -is that correct?- so this could be a missing person from that state too. Whoever that is, it is awful news :(

Wouldn’t police just say they have no reason to believe it’s Mollie to keep the press away/calm any gossip?

That and so they can properly identify what would likely be a hard to identify body at this point*, and because they realize that family and loved ones are probably chomping at the bit for any sort of news so they are being very careful with divulging.

*if deceased from at or near time of disappearance

Do you think that is odd? I mean if I thought I was under suspicion and didn't take her I would take the poly. But this guy might have other things going on that would cause him to be nervous about a poly. However, I think the examiner goes over a list of what he/she is going to ask prior to administering the test. If that's the case and he has nothing to hide that should give him some ease. Plus everyone knows that a lawyer will almost always advice against taking one.
Pure speculation, he may be afraid incremental crimes may be uncovered in addition to what he has been charged for *in the past*. (Taking Mollie's disappearance out of the equation for the moment).
In addition, he may just be flat out scared.

Interesting question. Just looked at their website and this is a small company. I didn't see anyone specificially tasked with security. But if the security system is web enabled (many are online these days) then IT might have some involvment with the system or be charged with maintaining the system, backups etc. But in my experience its usually a senior level manager that can activate and deactivate the system.

In our company the 'IT person' is in charge of the security cameras and ensuring they are functioning property. I'm sure it's the same in this case since it isn't a company that would have an actual security person.

I don't know if the IT person at the co-op has commented directly on the cameras but I'm sure he's been asked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3