Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much of Lee county is much different than rural Poweshiek county. You'll have to look up the stats if you're interested, but I'd certainly consider areas of Fort Madison and Keokil to be unsafe.
Here is the link to the County by County crime data for Iowa. There are certainly differences in the crime profiles of the two counties. Interesting info. Commissioner's Office - UCR

Yes, but the problem is it is hard to jog with a phone in your hand and per Mollie's mom she kept her phone in an arm band, which would be awkward to access quickly enough to get off a 911 alert. I also don't think she got into her abductor's vehicle ( assuming their was one) voluntarily. First, the weather was nice, and the distance from boyfriend's to mom's house is short, so why accept a ride? Also even if she did, once she realized she was in trouble ( assuming she had an iPhone which I think I read somewhere) why not immediately active 911 with a voice command to the phone. " Siri call 911" As soon as she does that the perp is screwed, because they have an active 911 phone coming from Mollie's phone in their car! So why didn't she do this? The most obvious to me is that she was physically overcome and knocked out immediately with absolutely no time to respond. MOO
good realistic thinking
...I've said on other threads and in other forums, a lot of people do not think in realistic terms/in realistic time terms/etc
...they think in movie/TV/emotional terms

That's what I was looking for -- thanks! I remember someone saying he/she saw her, but she wasn't running, and was on her phone?

That sounds like RT (his name is on the video linked below), who told media he saw her walking nonchalantly past on her phone.

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Judging by the footage, I think he lives on the cnr of W Des Moines and Jackson St. He mentions she must have either taken a north or south turn from there. North leads past BGM school towards her mom's house, south leads past Casey's store.
Also, on her VSCO account, Mollie has a selfie wearing a pink sports bra with a black trim on the bottom.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/media/5ae49fb94d59b25700793915

I think I have found the exact top.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/263729542278_/Under-Armour-Sports-Bra-Vest-Tropic-Pink.jpg

Maybe this is the top that some witnesses are referencing.

Last edited:
good realistic thinking
...I've said on other threads and in other forums, a lot of people do not think in realistic terms/in realistic time terms/etc
...they think in movie/TV/emotional terms

I totally agree with you this is not an episode of Criminal Minds or Law and Order SVU I wish crimes were solved that quick.

That sounds like RT (his name is on the video linked below), who told media he saw her walking nonchalantly past on her phone.

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Judging by the footage, I think he lives on the cnr of W Des Moines and Jackson St. He mentions she must have either taken a north or south turn from there. North leads past BGM school towards her mom's house, south leads past Casey's store.
Also, on her VSCO account, Mollie has a selfie wearing a pink sports bra with a black trim on the bottom.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/media/5ae49fb94d59b25700793915

I have found the exact top.

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/263729542278_/Under-Armour-Sports-Bra-Vest-Tropic-Pink.jpg

Maybe this is the top that some witnesses are referencing.

That’s interesting for sure, that she didn’t need to go back to the farmhouse to get to her mom’s. Makes sense to me it was part of her run plan.

I see why initially it was referred to as a bra. I think they have stepped the language back, but there it is.

UPDATE: DCI: Body discovered in rural Lee County definitely NOT Mollie Tibbetts

Authorities say they have identified the body of a missing woman found in rural Lee County, and it is definitely NOT Mollie Tibbetts.

Authorities said they are not releasing the identity at this time.
Thanks for posting this. Maybe it will put to rest all of the speculation of those who do not believe it is NOT Mollie. If LE is not releasing the identity yet, it follows that they KNOW, very possibly by the poor young woman being identified by someone who knew her well. There is also the practice of making sure loved ones are personally notified before it is released to the general public.

Here is a different angle.

What if WC is being questioned not because LE suspects him directly but because they suspect that he knows the perp or may be related to them? And just maybe LE might also believe that somebody known to (or related to) WC might be compelled to frame him since he fits the profile at first glance?

This would explain WC's willingness to talk, his allowing them to search his property, his odd answers to some questions, ect.

It seems unrealistic to me a perp would abduct a jogger with an obvious phone strapped to their arm and then wait for her to take it off then proceed with the abduction. Also, if the prep threw the red work shirt out, why not her phone or fitbit as well? JMO

Yes. Darn. It just reminded me of the false sense of security I have with my dogs. But they can’t protct me locked away or not with me on a walk.

It also reminded me and I’m curious if the house and surrounding area was canine searched.

There are rescue dogs that recognize the specific scents we produce when stressed. They linger a while. I don’t know if cadaver or tracking canines are cross trained or if it’s part of the bundle they are trained to alert on.

Another factoid we don’t know.
After that awful drone footage we saw the other day of her street I went to google maps street and satellite views and it was very helpful to better understand the neighborhood. Its easy to do (just go to google maps and type in address and then switch the view and you can see the street from different aspects) and take just a couple of minutes to go from one end of street to next. You could even trace the entire theoretical jogging route if you wanted to. A couple houses on her street had outdoor dog houses in front yard. We have no idea if they are in use but if they were there might be some barking if someone was running or walking down the street.

It seems unrealistic to me a perp would abduct a jogger with an obvious phone strapped to their arm and then wait for her to take it off then proceed with the abduction. Also, if the prep threw the red work shirt out, why not her phone or fitbit as well? JMO

Sadly I don’t think it would take long to forcefully rip the Velcro arm band from Mollie’s arm.

I apologize if this has already been brought up (I haven't read all the threads)... but two other cases come to mind - Mickey Schunick, I believe she was hit on purpose - so the monster could grab her and then Jill Berhman, I believe she was hit on accident & then disposed of... either of these could be a scenario with Mollie... heartbreaking...

If the red shirt is unrelated...AND she had extra contacts/glasses...she could have walked or run toward mom’s late, after 10 to spend the night/have the car. She would get the dogs settled before going. That would cover homework, snapchat etc. I think when her social media/texting stopped whatever happened had happened.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe it will put to rest all of the speculation of those who do not believe it is NOT Mollie. If LE is not releasing the identity yet, it follows that they KNOW, very possibly by the poor young woman being identified by someone who knew her well. There is also the practice of making sure loved ones are personally notified before it is released to the general public.

I'm guessing the body found is probably either completely different looking than MT physically or was in a state of decomposition not consistent with being missing 3-ish weeks. I'm sad for whoever is going to find out its their relative but I hope that closure brings them some comfort

What if WC is being questioned not because LE suspects him directly but because they suspect that he knows the perp or may be related to them? And just maybe LE might also believe that somebody known to (or related to) WC might be compelled to frame him since he fits the profile at first glance?

This would explain WC's willingness to talk, his allowing them to search his property, his odd answers to some questions, ect.
I'm early 50's and am still being checked on.
There are waaaaay worse things than to be too loved.

Haha! It’s some perspective, and I know many of us are wondering about it. People are different. My parents would have been the type to put food in the fridge and if someone showed up to get it, good!

Not sure about you but if I were talking to authorities I am not sure I would want it known in such a public way. There is a witness protection program for such purposes if necessary. LE certainly didn't seem to care about the personal safety of WC as they exposed him in a very public way. With the level of unknowns in the case (to us at least), I would think personal safety of potential witnesses would be key issue. Why broadcast that you spent hours speaking to LE, they took his phone etc.? Seems crazy to me and potentially very dangerous to the witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member