Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking of all the poor girls and young women we have followed here through the years that were taken (under similar circumstances)...this must bring back so many nightmare feeling for their families.

Holly Bobo
Mickey Schunick
Jessica Ridgeway
Morgan Herrington
Hannah Graham
-there are several other women who vanished and have not been found in the same area as Morgan and Hannah
Jessica Heeringa
Rebecca Bletsch
Karina Vetrano
Vanessa Marcotte
Sierah Joughin

I know there are others. May they rest in peace. Their poor families.

Last edited:
It seems unrealistic to me a perp would abduct a jogger with an obvious phone strapped to their arm and then wait for her to take it off then proceed with the abduction. Also, if the prep threw the red work shirt out, why not her phone or fitbit as well? JMO

Yes, but my point is unless she was knocked unconscious, once in a vehicle she would be able to use her voice to call 911... so MOO she was knocked unconscious before she was placed in a vehicle. hope this makes sense. Fact is it was looking like she was abducted while jogging with an iPhone in an armband..per mom

In a July of 2013, a 30-yr old suburban Kansas City man, Chad Rogers, never returned home to his wife and young child after going out running. For 4 days, the residents of the suburb, (Liberty, MO) searched endlessly for him. It was like he’d vanished without a trace. Foul play and conspiracy theories were rampant until his body was recovered 4 days later, found locked inside a portable toilet at a construction site two miles from home. He’d stopped to relieve himself and died of a non-symptomatic congenital heart problem in the portable toilet. He was not found by LE, but by a construction worker.

I can’t shake the feeling MT may have had a medical event while out on her run. Her twitter account contains a tweet explaining that early in high school she’d had what she described as “breathing problems”, but she didn’t elaborate on what those were.
I think the only problem I have with that theory is that I think she would have been found by now. The body wouldn’t be hidden, but just end up where the medical event happened, right?

Yes, but my point is unless she was knocked unconscious, once in a vehicle she would be able to use her voice to call 911... so MOO she was knocked unconscious before she was placed in a vehicle. hope this makes sense. Fact is it was looking like she was abducted while jogging with an iPhone in an armband..per mom
That’s why I think she was accidentally hit by a car, knocked unconscious and loaded up.

I posted earlier the two call logs from the 18th and 19th and there were some questions about some hangups from one address. The address turned out to be a cell phone company or tower. I don't know if this was talked about at all, but it seems reasonable to me that when a call comes through from cell phone, and the caller hangs up, the address that the system would pull up is the tower that the cell phone pinged off of. This is a guess, but it seems reasonable to me. This really means absolutely nothing because the call could be from any cellphone. It could have been a call to 911 made by accident by any cell phone that is near the tower. It's actually pretty easy to accidentally make 911 calls on a cell phone. This is just my opinion, but I think it is likely the reason why that address comes up so many times on the call log as a hangup.

Most of the time when you call 911 you are asked for your address which is why everyone who gets through and talks to someone has an address attached to the call. I couldn't find if anyone else had said this, so I wanted to put that out there.

It seems unrealistic to me a perp would abduct a jogger with an obvious phone strapped to their arm and then wait for her to take it off then proceed with the abduction. Also, if the prep threw the red work shirt out, why not her phone or fitbit as well? JMO

That to me is the confusion regarding what is released to the media, and what it truly known by the investigative team. The red shirt means something, the Fitbit data means something, the dogs locked up mean something, that she didn’t show up to pick up the car... it all means something. But what?

The understanding will take on a new light if her body is found, or she is recovered safely. When and if any of those happens, all of this will take on a new light. IMO.

Yes, but the problem is it is hard to jog with a phone in your hand and per Mollie's mom she kept her phone in an arm band, which would be awkward to access quickly enough to get off a 911 alert. I also don't think she got into her abductor's vehicle ( assuming their was one) voluntarily. First, the weather was nice, and the distance from boyfriend's to mom's house is short, so why accept a ride? Also even if she did, once she realized she was in trouble ( assuming she had an iPhone which I think I read somewhere) why not immediately active 911 with a voice command to the phone. " Siri call 911" As soon as she does that the perp is screwed, because they have an active 911 phone coming from Mollie's phone in their car! So why didn't she do this? The most obvious to me is that she was physically overcome and knocked out immediately with absolutely no time to respond. MOO
Remember how quickly Mickey Schunick was grabbed by her killer Brandon Scott Laverne while riding home on her bike at night. He did a smash and grab into her bike with his truck. She sure fought for her life even managed to stab him. Please gals don't jog, walk, run, bike at night alone especially in a rural unlighted area. Always carry pepper spray with you .

Court documents reveal chilling blow-by-blow account of how Mickey Shunick, 21, Maced and stabbed her attacker in desperate fight for her life | Daily Mail Online

I think it all depends—I don’t ever use Siri and don’t like the function, so I have it (& Facetime for that matter) disabled, jmo

Siri has gotten better, I didn't used to use it much either. In thinking about Mollie's case though, I can see that it would be really useful. Even at a bit of a distance one still might be able to get off a 911 command.

I can't stop following this case. I was in Iowa City for an event at the university when this happened. Right around the same day, a body was found in the river there (I initially wondered if it might be connected, but it was a homeless man who had many incidents of public intoxication, and probably either fell or jumped in the river while inebriated. So, just a coincidence. Still, the two things disturbed me.) I taught at the University of Iowa years ago, a mandatory course that Mollie would have taken as well. I had so many Mollies in my classes- young women just like her from small towns around Iowa. It's haunting. I keep trying to think of anything I could have seen. But I think the university and Iowa City didn't play a role. I think it was someone in Brooklyn unconnected to the university.

Or told to take off the phone - it's in an armband and very obvious, plus perps know phones can be "pinged." The phone could be left by the roadside or disposed off in a location far removed from her ultimate destination.

I posted earlier the two call logs from the 18th and 19th and there were some questions about some hangups from one address. The address turned out to be a cell phone company or tower. I don't know if this was talked about at all, but it seems reasonable to me that when a call comes through from cell phone, and the caller hangs up, the address that the system would pull up is the tower that the cell phone pinged off of. This is a guess, but it seems reasonable to me. This really means absolutely nothing because the call could be from any cellphone. It could have been a call to 911 made by accident by any cell phone that is near the tower. It's actually pretty easy to accidentally make 911 calls on a cell phone. This is just my opinion, but I think it is likely the reason why that address comes up so many times on the call log as a hangup.

Most of the time when you call 911 you are asked for your address which is why everyone who gets through and talks to someone has an address attached to the call. I couldn't find if anyone else had said this, so I wanted to put that out there.
If you call 911 and never speak, they can send LE to my general neighborhood but as far as my exact address , example...111 main st. It would be unknown to LE unless I told them.

If I called 911 and spoke but didn’t know my exact location, they would ask me about my surroundings and what I can see/smell/ hear to help LE narrow down their search and rescue from a general area they can ping from the phone I called from.

Yes, but the problem is it is hard to jog with a phone in your hand and per Mollie's mom she kept her phone in an arm band, which would be awkward to access quickly enough to get off a 911 alert. I also don't think she got into her abductor's vehicle ( assuming their was one) voluntarily. First, the weather was nice, and the distance from boyfriend's to mom's house is short, so why accept a ride? Also even if she did, once she realized she was in trouble ( assuming she had an iPhone which I think I read somewhere) why not immediately active 911 with a voice command to the phone. " Siri call 911" As soon as she does that the perp is screwed, because they have an active 911 phone coming from Mollie's phone in their car! So why didn't she do this? The most obvious to me is that she was physically overcome and knocked out immediately with absolutely no time to respond. MOO

I don't have an iPhone, but do you have to unlock it before you can give Siri a command? If the phone was on her arm she may not have had time before it was taken from her or she was incapacitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298