Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That level of interest in her might change if for some reason that case is linked to what is going on with MT? We simply don't know. But what are the chances of two people the same age and gender going missing within a relatively short distance from each other? Sounds far fetched, sure, but what are the odds of this happening? Especially when the State list of missing people didn't have all that many people in this age bracket listed (she could be from out of area and not on State list too).
Has it been stated in MSM that the body found in Lee County was also a missing person? i have not seen that.

Has it been stated in MSM that the body found in Lee County was also a missing person? i have not seen that.
There hasn't been any information as to the circumstances involving that female body. No identification yet, no cause of death, and nothing on if she was someone who had previously been declared "missing."

or if the perpetrator had a gun pointed at her?

This is a difficult situation for sure. The best thing in this situation as scary as it is would be to do it anyway. Abductor can of course shoot you but now he's got a whole lot of problems... blood everywhere and maybe you even get the call off... by the way it doesn't just work with the iPhone X.. Also there are ways to silently activate it as well.

We have absolutely no information to this effect. But it’s something that LE will definitely be looking into.
I'm sorry, no information to what effect? My point was that LE is likely seeking info about whether a local resident was gone for an unexpectedly long time (moving/concealing the body) when Mollie went missing.

That level of interest in her might change if for some reason that case is linked to what is going on with MT? We simply don't know. But what are the chances of two people the same age and gender going missing within a relatively short distance from each other? Sounds far fetched, sure, but what are the odds of this happening? Especially when the State list of missing people didn't have all that many people in this age bracket listed (she could be from out of area and not on State list too).
As others have hinted at, keep in mind the missing list doesn’t account for people who are murdered or otherwise die without going missing first (or being reported as missing). So to know how unusual it is, you’d have to look at much wider stats.

I have a question and I am many posts behind so I don't know if this has been covered: If LE discover from the data on WC's cell phone that he was nowhere in the vicinity of where Molly was in the time frame she went missing, wouldn't he then be cleared?

That would be weird, but things in her case are weird. Cannot rule it out.

Or she was hit by the car intentionally. It may be the way she was controlled. I know I have heard of a couple of other cases where that was the means and opportunity.

I think it all depends—I don’t ever use Siri and don’t like the function, so I have it (& Facetime for that matter) disabled, jmo
The voice feature can be quite useful. A woman at work in her 40s had a stroke and was able to use siri to call 911 after she fell to the ground and was unable to use her hands to dial. She says that siri saved her life.

I'm sorry, no information to what effect? My point was that LE is likely seeking info about whether a local resident was gone for an unexpectedly long time (moving/concealing the body) when Mollie went missing.
Gotcha. I thought you were asking if we had heard anything about that.

I have a question and I am many posts behind so I don't know if this has been covered: If LE discover from the data on WC's cell phone that he was nowhere in the vicinity of where Molly was in the time frame she went missing, wouldn't he then be cleared?
A person and their cell phone don't necessarily have to be in the same place. Legal folks probably know better but don't think an alibi can be confirmed by presence of cell phone. Does anyone know answer to this question?

Hmm. OK. I still don't think she would have had time. I don't think anyone thinks, in the absolute panic and terror of being attacked and/or abducted, to say, "Siri, call 911." I think they scream, fight, kick, and then are probably knocked out or otherwise incapacitated. I know I wouldn't have the presence of mind in those few seconds to give the phone a command.

I think that her not having time to get off a 911 call could speak to what happened. Like you suggest it was fast and unexpected, which leads me to believe it is not the get into the car with someone you know scenario. Otherwise she would have had time because with her conscious and alert in the car and him ( assuming) busy driving he wouldn't have been able to stop her from making the call, once she realized he wasn't going to drop her off at mom's house. It takes 3 seconds to make that command with SIRI and the phone doesn't even have to be on you. It's something as women we should keep in the front of our minds, to use the technology we now have available to us. MOO

Or she was hit by the car intentionally. It may be the way she was controlled. I know I have heard of a couple of other cases where that was the means and opportunity.
Yeah, I can think of once case in particular where the abductor hit a child on a bicycle in order to facilitate a kidnapping. The physical evidence led to his undoing, but it has certainly happened in other cases as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!