Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a difficult situation for sure. The best thing in this situation as scary as it is would be to do it anyway. Abductor can of course shoot you but now he's got a whole lot of problems... blood everywhere and maybe you even get the call off... by the way it doesn't just work with the iPhone X.. Also there are ways to silently activate it as well.

Police do warn not to go to second location.

Survival Options - Kidnapping Prevention

I have a question and I am many posts behind so I don't know if this has been covered: If LE discover from the data on WC's cell phone that he was nowhere in the vicinity of where Molly was in the time frame she went missing, wouldn't he then be cleared?

No expert but I imagine it would need to be combined with evidence he was the one using the phone at the time.

Let's go weird here.

1. She could have been a hit and run, then cover-up.

2. She could have 'run away' in a psychotic way.

3. I have to think of Jody Husentruit, who disappeared out of the blue on the way to her job as a Mason City Ia, TV personality, in 1995. And there was nothing, no trail. Oddly enough her case remains active -- there is suspension of an official (thats not the right word) LE cover-up. Jodi Huisentruit - Wikipedia There is a 72 y/o person of interest even this year.

Yesterday I was all in with WC, but something tells me to calm down. It doesn't fit. Wouldn't the FBI be on him like sweat?

This next is without any evidence or nothing empirical: Could there be an LE involvement and cover-up? That's way out there. I have known some of the small town cops and some are problems too -- well as are city cops -- but some are odd.

Last thing about Husentruit -- for over 20 years there have been rumors and even songs that she was buried in TIffin Iowa -- which isn't far away.

In regards to all the speculation about Siri... she also may have just not had Siri turned on. I am around Mollie's age and I personally do not have my Siri on and I know none of my friends do either. My mom, on the other hand, always uses Siri. Not sure if that's just coincidental or if there really is an age gap for those who use Siri. I even just said "Hey Siri" to my phone siting next to me to double check if it would still be activated, and it was not.

This was in it (my bad eyes):

"Rahn said DCI investigators believe they have identified the body and are in the process of contacting the next of kin. When asked if investigators have ruled out foul play, Rahn said officials do consider the death suspicious."

I think that her not having time to get off a 911 call could speak to what happened. Like you suggest it was fast and unexpected, which leads me to believe it is not the get into the car with someone you know scenario. Otherwise she would have had time because with her conscious and alert in the car and him ( assuming) busy driving he wouldn't have been able to stop her from making the call, once she realized he wasn't going to drop her off at mom's house. It takes 3 seconds to make that command with SIRI and the phone doesn't even have to be on you. It's something as women we should keep in the front of our minds, to use the technology we now have available to us. MOO

BBM, unless there was a “hey, I think I left my phone at home (or dropped it), can I just see yours for a second?”

I was wrong this was in it:

"Rahn said DCI investigators believe they have identified the body and are in the process of contacting the next of kin. When asked if investigators have ruled out foul play, Rahn said officials do consider the death suspicious."

I read ''not'...my eyes are going....or my brain wanted no foul play. Hmm I read that over several times.

This next is without any evidence or nothing empirical: Could there be an LE involvement and cover-up?

This was my thought when I saw the massive influx of Federal investigation into this missing persons case. It seemed excessive until I considered the possibility that somebody from the local department tasked with policing this area might be a suspect. In that instance, Feds would be brought in since a law enforcement agency can't investigate itself. Digging deeper did little to quell this suspicion.

A person and their cell phone don't necessarily have to be in the same place. Legal folks probably know better but don't think an alibi can be confirmed by presence of cell phone. Does anyone know answer to this question?

I am not a legal person, but just because I don't have my cell phone on me doesn't mean I can't be shown to commit a crime. If I leave my phone at home and I hit a child on a bicycle while driving drunk it won't matter where my phone was, I will be going to jail. Furthermore, if I was planning on abducting and murdering someone I would absolutely not bring my phone along.

Does anyone know what model of iPhone she has? My iPhone X has an emergency feature that allows me to quickly hit a side button 5xs and it calls 911 and also alerts 2 emergency contacts that I have called 911. I have it set up to call my mom’s home number and text my husband’s cell phone. Of course you have to turn this feature on and fill out the contact info. I don’t know if this was an update for all iPhones or if it’s just on the X.

I think it's pretty odd that the body of a white woman in her early to mid twenties has been found in the next county. Is it possible that there's a serial killer at work in that part of IA??
Body of a white woman in her 20s discovered in rural Lee County is not Mollie Tibbetts, officials say
I was just about to post about what are the odds a woman in her young to mid 20's was just found today in Iowa not that far from where Mollie went missing and her death is suspicious. What are the odds? Of course at first I thought it must be Mollie but now that it's not I wonder if it's from someone trying to taunt. Could it be a SK? Have there been other local murders with young 20 year olds in the area? Who was this now deceased woman? Where was she missing from? Had she been reported missing? When? Was she found in plain site? Are there more young woman in this area missing? So many questions.

Last edited:
I have a question and I am many posts behind so I don't know if this has been covered: If LE discover from the data on WC's cell phone that he was nowhere in the vicinity of where Molly was in the time frame she went missing, wouldn't he then be cleared?

No. This will tell them where his cell phone was.

I find one of MT’s last pics on her VSCO account very interesting! A screen shot of the song Save Myself by Ed Sheeran. And the very next pic posted is the possible outfit she is wearing when vanished...
Read the lyrics... Ed Sheeran – Save Myself Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Yes, I noticed that as well, not that posts necessarily mean anything...but I feel it does. I was looking back at post of friends I've lost to suicide. Most are pretty cheerful, which is why the recent comment from the man bothered me that she looked without a care in the world. I may have missed it, but has there been any evidence she was abducted? Does she have favorite spots to go to from when she was little etc? When my neighbor Rashaan Salaam committed suicide, he went to an old favortie spot. Secret hiding places (I lived in rural Australia so we had our spots)?

I still have no idea about who Mollie is as a person. Sometimes more details are disclosed regarding relationships with others. Does she have any friends at her school? I can't recall one of them discussing how she was away from home, may have missed that also. This info would be helpful if they really wanted us to know Mollie. The family mentioned she was a fighter? How? In what way and what happened in her life prior to describe her in that way....usually implies a major struggle (illness, depression, addiction, bullying) what was her struggle at one point. Just some random thoughts of mine. May be totally irrelevant haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3