Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one time in life, I was a very weight conscience (this hasn’t changed) college girl (this certainly has!) who exercised avidly. And I can tell you that if I was going to be in a bridesbide gown and bikini in the DR in a few weeks, I’d say “no” to the brats! Nothing cancels out a run and ruins a bod like brats. I’m betting the “okay” her mom got was more of an “okay”....(I’ll be passing on that). So I really don’t think the dinner no-show tells us much on time of disappearance.
You made a very good point about her being in a wedding very soon. No doubt, she was being very conscious of her dress fitting.

I am not a legal person, but just because I don't have my cell phone on me doesn't mean I can't be shown to commit a crime. If I leave my phone at home and I hit a child on a bicycle while driving drunk it won't matter where my phone was, I will be going to jail. Furthermore, if I was planning on abducting and murdering someone I would absolutely not bring my phone along.
I know there have been cases where a vehicle has intentionally hit a jogger or bicyclist in order to gain control of a victim. Right now this is probably my #1 scenario, like in the Mickey Schunick case. Of course once a perp has control of the possibly injured victim they must take them somewhere. Mickey was a fighter and hurt her assailant. He actually needed medical assistance to care for the wounds she inflicted upon him.
Although we don't have access to an individuals medical records at local hospitals, urgent care, etc. is there any way to find out if anyone came in to emergency with knife wounds, bite wounds, eye wounds, etc?

Have to agree. I'm sure no one means it like this but it sounds like victim-blaming too. You can have all the technology in the world but when your adrenaline kicks in you may try to run for safety before making a phone call in front of your would-be attacker. Let's move on.

I am in no way trying to victim blame but I do think it’s important to know if she had these options available.. especially if she did and they weren’t utilized. This would make me think she was with someone she knew/trusted and her guard was down. I don’t know, maybe that doesn’t make sense. Just thinking out loud.. MOO. I know when adrenaline kicks in, people panic and don’t think straight.

Let's go weird here.

1. She could have been a hit and run, then cover-up.

2. She could have 'run away' in a psychotic way.

3. I have to think of Jody Husentruit, who disappeared out of the blue on the way to her job as a Mason City Ia, TV personality, in 1995. And there was nothing, no trail. Oddly enough her case remains active -- there is suspension of an official (thats not the right word) LE cover-up. Jodi Huisentruit - Wikipedia There is a 72 y/o person of interest even this year.

Yesterday I was all in with WC, but something tells me to calm down. It doesn't fit. Wouldn't the FBI be on him like sweat?

This next is without any evidence or nothing empirical: Could there be an LE involvement and cover-up? That's way out there. I have known some of the small town cops and some are problems too -- well as are city cops -- but some are odd.

Last thing about Husentruit -- for over 20 years there have been rumors and even songs that she was buried in TIffin Iowa -- which isn't far away.
I've wondered about the LE angle from day one as a possible reason for the FBI/State involvement. Also maybe you can shed some light on why a town that doesn't have its own police force wait 6 days before calling in for help? The reality is we have no info on when or even if outside help was requested but so much time was lost between when she was discovered missing and state and federal involvment. Something is just not adding up in my mind on this issue and unfortunately we just have very little info to go on.

You made a very good point about her being in a wedding very soon. No doubt, she was being very conscious of her dress fitting.

Also, A lot of woman increase their training leading up to a wedding, in addition to eating less. I was wondering if MT was running more miles, lately, and going further. Maybe, even though described as "a creature of habit", she went further afield in her recent runs, which led her to be on slightly different roads, maybe not her regular route? Maybe less safe areas of town? Closer to a highway?

"The Department of Public Safety said there would be no further updates Sunday on either the Tibbetts case or the Lee County death."

Isn't this a bit lame? There is a missing 20 y/o woman and a body of a 20-25 y/o woman just found 120 miles apart and LE won't update?

Come on!

RSBM
Assuming Mollie was taken jogging perhaps it's a good idea to make sure women have the ability to call 911 and quickly when they are out alone. I know that Apple watches have the ability to call 911 fast without entering a pin. Is this something that newer models of a fitbit can also do? If Mollie had had this capability it might have saved her life.

Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone
Use Emergency SOS on your iPhone
With Emergency SOS in iOS 11, you can quickly and easily call for help and alert your emergency contacts.

Here's how to make the call on iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus:

1. Press and hold the side button and one of the Volume buttons until the Emergency SOS slider appears. *
  2. Drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services. If you continue to hold down the side button and Volume button, instead of dragging the slider, a countdown begins and an alert sounds. If you hold down the buttons until the countdown ends, your iPhone automatically calls emergency services.
* On iPhone 7 or earlier, you press the power button 5 times.

Basically, it will then call emergency services and send your location to your emergency contacts, then updates your emergency contacts if/when your location changes.

eta: I see others have already posted this, but I’ll leave it here in case someone missed it.

Last edited:
Yes, I noticed that as well, not that posts necessarily mean anything...but I feel it does. I was looking back at post of friends I've lost to suicide. Most are pretty cheerful, which is why the recent comment from the man bothered me that she looked without a care in the world. I may have missed it, but has there been any evidence she was abducted? Does she have favorite spots to go to from when she was little etc? When my neighbor Rashaan Salaam committed suicide, he went to an old favortie spot. Secret hiding places (I lived in rural Australia so we had our spots)?

I still have no idea about who Mollie is as a person. Sometimes more details are disclosed regarding relationships with others. Does she have any friends at her school? I can't recall one of them discussing how she was away from home, may have missed that also. This info would be helpful if they really wanted us to know Mollie. The family mentioned she was a fighter? How? In what way and what happened in her life prior to describe her in that way....usually implies a major struggle (illness, depression, addiction, bullying) what was her struggle at one point. Just some random thoughts of mine. May be totally irrelevant haha.

I agree with your stmt about no idea who Mollie is as a person and I think this is why LE said what they did on the topic at the 1st PC. She could have been the person portrayed in her SM or she might not have been. People of all ages just not people MT age are usually quite careful of how they portray themselves on SM. Many people (esp. teens) have multiple SM accounts each with different friend groups that include slightly different kinds of photos and chatter. I think it all goes back to the basic idea that sometimes what you see is not what you get. You might get what you see about MT in her social media but maybe not, its impossible to know. SC is a completely self constructed entity. In theory at least you can be anyone that you want to be online. But I have some level of confidence that the statements by her father as to who she was as a person are certainly heartfelt.

I'm not even close to being convinced WC had anything to do with Mollies disappearance. I'm glad he's cooperating as far as he's told us. I am very interested in the fact that LE/FBI keeps going out to speak with him and search his property. It seems to me there must be something to it. Maybe Mollie was taken thru there, maybe some of her belongings were discarded there, maybe WC is related to or friends with someone close to Mollie. I just don't know what to think.

I know there have been cases where a vehicle has intentionally hit a jogger or bicyclist in order to gain control of a victim. Right now this is probably my #1 scenario, like in the Mickey Schunick case. Of course once a perp has control of the possibly injured victim they must take them somewhere. Mickey was a fighter and hurt her assailant. He actually needed medical assistance to care for the wounds she inflicted upon him.
Although we don't have access to an individuals medical records at local hospitals, urgent care, etc. is there any way to find out if anyone came in to emergency with knife wounds, bite wounds, eye wounds, etc?
Reporting on some of these categories is left up to emergency room doctors but gunshots have to be reported (I am speaking for where I live and I don't know about Iowa). My suspicion is that LE is all over the local hospitals and walk in clinics.

I keep seeing the reward money go up, and I keep thinking that not capping it is impeding rather than helping the case. If I was a person in with some shady people and knew something, but saw the reward amount increasing each day that went by, I am guessing I would keep waiting for it to continue going up before saying anything.

I've wondered about the LE angle from day one as a possible reason for the FBI/State involvement. Also maybe you can shed some light on why a town that doesn't have its own police force wait 6 days before calling in for help? The reality is we have no info on when or even if outside help was requested but so much time was lost between when she was discovered missing and state and federal involvment. Something is just not adding up in my mind on this issue and unfortunately we just have very little info to go on.
They didn't wait 6 days. As early as late Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st it was said that they were having DCI forensically image her laptop and working to get warrants processed for her social media and phone records. DCI agents on the ground for other investigative processes seems to have occurred on either Sunday the 22nd or Monday the 23rd. There was at least one FBI agent there on Monday the 23rd and more arrived on Tuesday the 24th. DCI seems to have taken over the investigation, or at least became the public face of the investigation as early as Sunday the 22nd and definitely on Monday the 23rd.

I have no idea where the 6 days is coming from - because that would be Wednesday the 25th and that is simply not true at all. Please tell me it isn't coming from some half-baked theory floating around alleging a law enforcement cover-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3