Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting on some of these categories is left up to emergency room doctors but gunshots have to be reported (I am speaking for where I live and I don't know about Iowa). My suspicion is that LE is all over the local hospitals and walk in clinics.
I would think so and hope so.

We’re in thread #14 now, and it seems like in every thread, we go round and round about why didn’t her mother check on her when she didn’t show for dinner. I really see this as victim blaming. And IMO, it brings us no closer to finding Mollie.

This link tells you what student analytics are available using the Canvas LMS.

How do I view analytics for a student in a course? | Canvas LMS Community

I recently took a course using Canvas. There is no time-out period, and the LMS remembered passwords. This is different from other LMSs, such as D2L, which does not allow the computer to remember passwords and does have a time-out period.

Instructors can see how long a student has been in the course, and I can tell you from experience that it's not unusual for a student to log into the course and walk away simply to log time in the course without wasting time wading through boring stuff.
The

Has it been stated in MSM that the body found in Lee County was also a missing person? i have not seen that.
I just saw this -- not much info on the found body -- please forgive if a repeat:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Body of a white woman in her 20s discovered in rural Lee County is not Mollie Tibbetts, officials say
Danielle Gehr, Des Moines Register Published 3:11 p.m. CT Aug. 5, 2018
| Updated 7:28 p.m. CT Aug. 5, 2018

. . . officials have confirmed the body does not belong to Tibbetts.

Rahn said DCI investigators believe they have identified the body and are in the process of contacting the next of kin. When asked if investigators have ruled out foul play, Rahn said officials do consider the death suspicious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Body of a white woman in her 20s discovered in rural Lee County is not Mollie Tibbetts, officials say
bbm

The university typically has a time out for security purposes on canvas. I teach at a university and even when I grade, I will get timed out if I get called away by the kids or a phone call. I have to log back in if there isn’t activity. I can see exactly how long each student was on.

It saddens me, when women obsess over the cell phone and the Fit Bit etc. "Mollie had her Fit Bit. All the time."
A digital toy is just that : A toy.
It does not protect a woman who is fighting off a 180 pound man.

She...and every woman....needs pepper spray. A sharp instrument. Keys will work, if you have nothing else.
Watch your perimeter. Fifteen feet around you at all times.

The server is going crazy, so I apologize if this has been asked, but has anyone seen reports of LE re-visiting WC today as they told him to expect?

Reporting on some of these categories is left up to emergency room doctors but gunshots have to be reported (I am speaking for where I live and I don't know about Iowa). My suspicion is that LE is all over the local hospitals and walk in clinics.

In the state where I currently reside, gunshot injuries, animal bites, and fireworks injuries are all considered to be reportable to LE. And “reportable” means mandatory.

I just looked up the ER reportables in Iowa, gunshot and stab wounds are reportable if they occur in the commission of a crime, is how the law reads.

Last edited:
Welcome lilchina,

On Websleuths if you post stats of any kind you need to provide a link to a legitimate source showing where you found your information.

When we say "legitimate source" we mean a mainstream media or law enforcement. Rarely do we allow personal blogs or videos.

Rather than remove this post which obviously took a lot of work, could you please send me the links to this information and I will edit your post for you. You have a short period of time to edit your posts but that time has passed.

Feel free to email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com if you have the links.

Tricia

I couldn't find much in regard to adult abduction stats-but I found the following:

Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling is based on a three-part analysis of 100 randomly selected kidnapping cases prosecuted in the United States that have survived Supreme Court appeal.

Table 4.1 Predatory Kidnappong-Adult Victim

Victimology & Offender Characteristics-

1. The victim and the offender were strangers to one another. 56%

2. The victim and the offender had a relationship prior to the abduction. 39%

3. The offender and the victim are of different genders. 94%

6. The victim was low risk, i.e. not likely to be immediately missed or reported missing. 11%

Abduction site- The choice of site is consistent with the choice of victim: Those who had no prior relationship to their victim chose sites where the victim was selected at random. Those who had a prior relationship with the victim tended to target their home or workplace.

1. The abduction occurred in a public space. 67%

2. The victim was abducted from a private location (such as home, school, workplace). 33%

Modus Operandi -

1. The abduction was pepertrated by more than one offender. 11%

2. The victim was chosen randomly or opportunistically. 61%

3. Physical force was used to abduct the victim. 56%

4. The victim was abducted following verbal threats of harm to himself or herself and/or/ others. 17%

5. The victim’s abduction was the result of persuasion or deception. 39%

6. The offender used a firearm to facilitate the abduction. 22%

7. The offender used a knife to facilitate the abduction. 17%

8. The offender used a weapon, other than a knife or a firearm, or did not use a weapon, to facilitate the abduction. 28%

9. The offender sexually assaulted the victim during the abduction. 94%

10. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction in a manner that did result in death. 17%

11. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction that did not result in death. 56%

12. The offender did not assault or physically harm the victim during the abduction (excludes sexual assault). 28%

13. The offender transported the victim during the abduction 78%

14. The offender did not transport the victim during the abduction. 22%

15. The offender exhibited obvious psychotic symptoms (delusions, hallucinations etc.). 0%

16. The offender held the victim captive for greater than 24 hours. 17%

17. The offender held the victim for less than 24 hours. 83%

18. The kidnapping occurred in the morning (midnight-8am). 28%

19. The kidnapping occurred during the day (8am-4pm). 6%

20. The kidnapping occurred in the evening (4pm-midnight). 66%

The university typically has a time out for security purposes on canvas. I teach at a university and even when I grade, I will get timed out if I get called away by the kids or a phone call. I have to log back in if there isn’t activity. I can see exactly how long each student was on.

I think it varies according to the organization. I logged into ICON at 6:09 and it has yet to time me out, at 8:32. Even after putting my tablet into sleep mode.

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

@Hatfield

Does anyone know what model of iPhone she has? My iPhone X has an emergency feature that allows me to quickly hit a side button 5xs and it calls 911 and also alerts 2 emergency contacts that I have called 911. I have it set up to call my mom’s home number and text my husband’s cell phone. Of course you have to turn this feature on and fill out the contact info. I don’t know if this was an update for all iPhones or if it’s just on the X.

I think in an early interview her boyfriend mentioned what version iPhone Molli
We’re in thread #14 now, and it seems like in every thread, we go round and round about why didn’t her mother check on her when she didn’t show for dinner. I really see this as victim blaming. And IMO, it brings us no closer to finding Mollie.

Best thing for you to do is to report posts that you feel violate TOS

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

@Hatfield

Ok so I hear “black SUV” and that makes me think “sex trafficking ring.”

I would think so and hope so.
Just FYI the reporting issues for doctors/nurses is complicated and probably beyond what most people are interested in here. There are HIPAA guidelines that impact reporting to LE as well. Depending on what LE is looking for at the hospital they might have to get a supoena or warrant which they typically complain about due to timing. I have confidence that the state and federal authorities can sort out the complexities of what they need from the hospitals but it just might take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3