Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's interesting. Didn't someone say that the vehicle in the recent attempted abduction of a jogger was black?

But ... before I get ahead of myself, the timeline seems off, and there's a very nice reward for anyone who gives a clue to finding Mollie alive. That opens the door for all sorts of unrelated tips to flood in, including the mention of a "black" vehicle similar to the other attempted abduction of a jogger.

Ok so I hear “black SUV” and that makes me think “sex trafficking ring.”

Once I saw a huge feline shape run by my lawn tractor about dusk. We have bobcats and the occasional cougar here. I called up LE and the game commission to report it -- told them I wasn't crazy. But I thought I saw at least a bobcat sized if not cougar sized animal.

Next night on the same lawn tractor, same time, same place even, a black cat ran by.

Sometimes your eyes fool you, especially if you have an imagination.

It makes me think of the article Hatfield posted - I am trying to find it. Attempted abduction in Missouri?
Yes, I posted it yesterday. The original video was solid and the local LE did a good job of showing the black SUV and they also had a partial photo of the side of driver. White male, 300 lbs, grey/white hair. Worth watching the video to get more info as the jogger was thankfully able to run to safety.

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

I just wish the lady had got a license plate.

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack

Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

Maybe she did...

Yes, I posted it yesterday. The original video was solid and the local LE did a good job of showing the black SUV and they also had a partial photo of the side of driver. White male, 300 lbs, grey/white hair. Worth watching the video to get more info as the jogger was thankfully able to run to safety.

Sorry, I didn't know it was you who posted it. I remember looking at it and measuring the distance from Miner, MO to Brooklyn (about 6.5 hours), reading that the attempted abduction in MO was 7/16 and back-burnered it.

I wish she hadn't talked to media about it. If it was the perpetrator and he had a black SUV, he doesn't anymore, now that he knows this was reported.

data=ZI51UhnrI2cxsF_uCgj_9NbBTr890qUhX3QBuWayNv4ITA0uxa2rMGOJyd34zDIOsPMwY_5vHGILnnfwChEreH0mAbg5iAWy-p9uPGYap9s1jx4Zlr0mp-cbq8vCmXKzlhJQBitKYuS9S-TBerCppMI3iSnoWosCDaJxmy0WASKo,WrRWcOqbhY8SFGyZ_JMS76nyAfidHR1u_RzmnR5M0HOgAUB9POoBYqhiZHM38jWUDbqXWFgACovzEPYkvuRug9nKCj3jP-Crayci9Nayc2t28yql6JFZOV2_ixwdF4_DSp9uyMNA4UlzkGvFXg2JtOwibi08jRTEYfc06zP6ty-NU00uFoTSUowX6ZOir9TC6MKUKWK428X0PRI3f_g9-xNXkWa6fKcKASuVgv5Li1AVrOh7H-qGyJ1GrPVRrN9vG8V5vOJ4eqe4opEN6jHc2EnEaoo4LqstAHdCEmCFY4iAjYGG1qOArCkGzDMrEdfZFx7VoDuee3SBHcBSw2_07j8dzM3GykY3xf3W-Z2y3IxIas26_wZYsdxNHiUyVwZOnfeLnaeVlUogmYFf1a2PeIot_Kc1R4hJhPOv79ChBJUBKRcDVlAA6k3TSAFhCl0DiGXODR0VnUklSS3AlqwpwFJ09-3I

1 h 3 min (69.1 mi) via I-80 E Distance between the two reports of a black SUV.

Regarding the reward money, I've got a question. If somebody phones in a tip that is simply pulled from thin air, say "The victim is in a blue shipping container 10 miles south of Davenport..." and LE go to this general area and locate the victim, would the tipster get the money even if it was just a completely random guess?

I'm only asking this obscure question because it seems like ones odds of accidentally nailing the whereabouts of a victim in a situation like this might be better than winning the lottery and it might result in tip lines flooded with random guesses from people hoping to hit it big on a random guess.

I would imagine that most tips would be completely ignored unless follow up questions with the tipster were answered in a way that made LE think they might actually know something but I don't know this for sure. Maybe somebody here actually has some first hand experience how rewards/tips are handled.

I wonder if anyone on the street where the black SUV was seen has surveillance cameras.
If they are like the ones I have, they will not yield much. Was told I would be able to read car tags. What a joke. I sometimes cannot tell which one of my dogs is in the yard.

We’re in thread #14 now, and it seems like in every thread, we go round and round about why didn’t her mother check on her when she didn’t show for dinner. I really see this as victim blaming. And IMO, it brings us no closer to finding Mollie.
Agreed! Mollie is a college student and for the last year we know she had her independence. There is no need to helicopter parent an adult. Lets just say mom did check on Mollie when she did not show for dinner, what exactly would be any different? Victimizing innocent people is never acceptable and only compounds their suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul3398