Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like this?
Problem is that it doesn't include R. Thompson' witness statement which seemed to indicate she headed east on W Des Moines St, then turned either north or south on Jackson St.

(I was just thinking, how if one wanted to go overboard on safety measures, one could hide a Fitbit on her person, that way even if they are abducted and their phone is tossed there may be a chance they could be tracked for a longer period of time, at least if and until the Fitbit is discovered. Crazy thought I know, obviously this thought is a product of being on WS too long...hopefully the chances of something like this happening are slim, knock on wood.)

(Yes I realize “they/their” is not proper grammar.)

I know that the CCTV footage from Casey's General Store has been collected, but I have not read anything about surveillance on 2nd Str. I'll update the map when the link to 2nd Str is posted.

We can figure out the most likely route and timeline based on what we know. It gives us something to think about in terms of how and why a digital footprint was found near Guernsey.
If she was running north on Jackson and he picked her up/grabbed her, he could have just kept going to Hwy 6, taken a right there and taken 21 off that straight down to/past Guernsey. It probably wouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Last edited:
I know that the CCTV footage from Casey's General Store has been collected, but I have not read anything about surveillance on 2nd Str. I'll update the map when the link to 2nd Str is posted.

We can figure out the most likely route and timeline based on what we know. It gives us something to think about in terms of how and why a digital footprint was found near Guernsey.
Somebody grabbed her and then traveled on some road to get onto rt 21 south. There are several paths he could have taken, but he probably chose the fastest route out of town.

I hate to keep pushing my route on people, but if she had gone that way and then toward her mother's instead of DJ's place, she would probably have been running past the high school right around 8:00 (give or take 10 minutes depending on how fast she runs.) MOO
Here's the route I think she took based on sightings.
The only sightings we know of based on MSM, her personal FB page and the sheriff's FB page show this route. The last sighting is between D and E (on 2nd) so the rest of the route is just what I think was planned. I think it's very telling that no one claims (publicly) to have seen her at any point after 2nd Street and per MSM, LE specifically obtained surveillance video from Casey's.
The second pic is the route I think someone would have taken had she been abducted at point B (shortly after her last sighting). That block of 2nd has no houses if you look at street view. If you continue on old 6 you run straight into 21. (The red arrow is just an alternate route if they didn't want to take a more populated street although Napa closed at 5 and Seaton's grocery store closed at 8 so not a very busy area at that time.)

Attachments

• paintastic20180803_231813.png
    paintastic20180803_231813.png
    315.3 KB · Views: 64
  • paintastic20180806_052306.png
    paintastic20180806_052306.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
She was seen multiple times on Pershing going east and on 2nd street. My hope is that she ran north towards her mom's house on rt 398 because Casey's General Store would have security cameras near their gas pumps. The high school on rt 398 has many cameras (I posted that link yesterday).

Thanks for making maps.

Cheers. The only way I can figure it is with an understanding of who was where when. Seeing how close the high school is to mom's house, I have to say that I've had my eye on that stretch of the highway from the beginning when I looked at the route for any unpopulated rural areas. There it is right after the high school. If there is CCTV or a sighting of Mollie in that location, whenever that happened, my guess is that she was grabbed minutes later.

With her headphones, she probably didn't hear it coming.

Attachments

• Mollie 15.jpg
    Mollie 15.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 28
The only sightings we know of based on MSM, her personal FB page and the sheriff's FB page show this route. The last sighting is between D and E (on 2nd) so the rest of the route is just what I think was planned. I think it's very telling that no one claims (publicly) to have seen her at any point after 2nd Street and per MSM, LE specifically obtained surveillance video from Casey's.
The second pic is the route I think someone would have taken had she been abducted at point B (shortly after her last sighting). That block of 2nd has no houses if you look at street view. If you continue on old 6 you run straight into 21.
That makes a big difference, I thought I had read that she was going east on W. Pershing.

The second pic is the route I think someone would have taken had she been abducted at point B (shortly after her last sighting). That block of 2nd has no houses if you look at street view. If you continue on old 6 you run straight into 21.

That was bolded by me.
Thank you for posting that map. Your point B route makes sense for why she wasn't seen after the sighting on 2nd street and how the abductor eventually got onto rt 21 south to Guernsey.

We know of one or two small towns where the victims are two young girls together. It's true that in both cases the young girls chose to isolate themselves in a secluded area of a remote park, in both cases without full parental approval, yet no one knows why. Was it snapchat?
Is abducting two girls the preamble to abducting a 20 year old jogger? If so, who was the first victim. Surely that wasn't two girls.

Crime of opportunity based on a propensity to that type of crime of opportunity makes sense. A propensity to do this suggests a fixation on abducting a young woman or girl for sadistic purposes. By sadistic, I mean purposes that are 100% in opposition to the victim.

I doubt this is someone she knows. She is going into her second year of university, completing an internship or taking some sort of university related courses during the Spring/Fall semesters, looking at the bigger picture of her life. She simply vanished off the face of the earth when her life was full of promise. It might be someone who has seen her, but I doubt it is someone that she has seen or paid any attention.

It’s a long story, but when I was about MT’s age I was nearly abducted from a neighborhood grocery store in my college town by a complete stranger. He didn’t know me & I didn’t know him. It’s worth mentioning that he was a clean-cut looking guy, drove a nicer car, & initially didn’t come across as dangerous when he pulled up behind my car & rolled down the passenger side window to ask a question. I thought he was asking me for directions, but he wasn’t. He claimed to be pledging a fraternity that required pledges to take X number of pictures of women’s feet. (This college town had a strong Greek presence, & pledges often were seen doing odd things). There’s more to the story than this, but too long to write. In short: I was alone, I stupidly parked in a dimly lit area, & I am very petite. It was just after dusk. When I assessed my surroundings, I realized that while there were plenty of cars, there weren’t any people around, except for 1 lone elderly male employee who was in the diagonally opposite corner of the lot (gathering buggies).
The guy was a serial rapist who raped a number of girls before he was caught. Some females were walking to homes located behind the bars off-campus at night, a couple of others were parked & walking to their sorority house from a few blocks away when he intercepted them. This was a number of years ago. When he was caught, it turned out to be the son of a city councilman.
The perp drove around looking for the opportunity to find solitary females, around dusk, when no witnesses were around. Had I been abducted by him, there wouldn’t have been a witness. MT is petite, she was alone & it seems she just vanished, without a trace--like she very well could have been abducted in a crime of Opportunity, maybe by a complete stranger just looking for the right situation.

Problem is that it doesn't include R. Thompson' witness statement which seemed to indicate she headed east on W Des Moines St, then turned either north or south on Jackson St.

I trust the W. Pershing Dr. sighting where she is running East towards the Funeral home. Thing is, it now appears that she turned South on N. Orchard and ended up in the area of Casey's General Store, and was last seen near her mother's house.

Is Thompson the neighbor?

The second pic is the route I think someone would have taken had she been abducted at point B (shortly after her last sighting). That block of 2nd has no houses if you look at street view. If you continue on old 6 you run straight into 21. (The red arrow is just an alternate route if they didn't want to take a more populated street although Napa closed at 5 and Seaton's grocery store closed at 8 so not a very busy area at that time.)

Looks like NAPA has cameras above their door.

Somebody grabbed her and then traveled on some road to get onto rt 21 south. There are several paths he could have taken, but he probably chose the fastest route out of town.

I think so. She would have been jogging North on highway 398 towards her mother's house (not sure why she would not jog on the people path one block East). There is some sort of digital signature placing her near Guernsey a week later. That certainly suggests that she was grabbed and the driver turned around and headed South.

I wonder if anyone saw a vehicle pull a u-turn at about 8PM on July 18.

If she was running north on Jackson and he picked her up/grabbed her, he could have just kept going to Hwy 6, taken a left there and taken 21 off that straight down to/past Guernsey. It probably wouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Quite right. There was no reason to go past Casey's General Store after the abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg