Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every dog can go 24hrs without relieving themselves.

Plus eating methods vary so its still possible to get a time line of some sort sometimes.

Especially with canned dog food where you could tell if the person opened a can that morning or whatever depending the feeding habits. Jmo

Has it been clarified what time the homeowners came home? Or what time anyone actually made it to the home to look for her?

Thanks so much for the picture. So the glass on the front door was shattered. Do you know how long after the incident your picture was taken? I'm still not convinced the 2 incidents aren't related. Has anyone been charged and are there any security cameras there? Thanks for your patience with my questions!

And that's a call log, so it includes all calls they got that day.

One thing that I think is interesting about the call log is that it does look like some lines are redacted. I wonder when they do that...

ETA or maybe it's just when they don't have that info? Can't really tell...
There could be privacy concerns involved.

Where does the dogs poop at and was there enough poop that shows she was probably missing for a really long time?
I read one article that stated the dogs were still locked in the basement when the house was accessed (by the boyfriend I think). He said she always let the dogs out of the basement when she came home.

Sadly, I think MT was violated and killed quickly like many of the jogging or walking female abduction, sex crime murders here in Cali, similar to jogging Chelsea king and Amber Dubois killed by John Gardner near San Diego, CA one woman he grabbed was able to escape and testified against him in trial. I believe someone saw MT or had been watching her every move from afar got to know her movements had an opportunity grabbed her, bound her, sexually assaulted her, killed her, dumped or buried her in a shallow grave possibly thrown into pigs pen within an hour or two and off the perp went. These rapist killers work fast to go undetected. I think WC is involved im usually always right with my built in human radar. He said a man probably had her, hmmm instead of being hopeful like the other locals he was already placing the blame on someone else and off him. I'm sorry but all that touching of his face while being interviewed is very telling to me. JMO

Fabulous observations and the more time that passes, I’m starting to agree with you.

People keep bringing up dog poop as though that will provide a timeline. They had large breed well-trained dogs. I have a well-trained large breed dog who will not have an indoor accident even if left alone for 24 hours. Nothing can be concluded about the dogs other than what can be learned from the fact that the dogs were where they were supposed to be when everyone left the house.
OT: I’m jealous. Lol Medium dogs with issues here.:D

I couldn't find much in regard to adult abduction stats-but I found the following:

Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling is based on a three-part analysis of 100 randomly selected kidnapping cases prosecuted in the United States that have survived Supreme Court appeal.

Table 4.1 Predatory Kidnappong-Adult Victim

Victimology & Offender Characteristics-

1. The victim and the offender were strangers to one another. 56%

2. The victim and the offender had a relationship prior to the abduction. 39%

3. The offender and the victim are of different genders. 94%

6. The victim was low risk, i.e. not likely to be immediately missed or reported missing. 11%

Abduction site- The choice of site is consistent with the choice of victim: Those who had no prior relationship to their victim chose sites where the victim was selected at random. Those who had a prior relationship with the victim tended to target their home or workplace.

1. The abduction occurred in a public space. 67%

2. The victim was abducted from a private location (such as home, school, workplace). 33%

Modus Operandi -

1. The abduction was pepertrated by more than one offender. 11%

2. The victim was chosen randomly or opportunistically. 61%

3. Physical force was used to abduct the victim. 56%

4. The victim was abducted following verbal threats of harm to himself or herself and/or/ others. 17%

5. The victim’s abduction was the result of persuasion or deception. 39%

6. The offender used a firearm to facilitate the abduction. 22%

7. The offender used a knife to facilitate the abduction. 17%

8. The offender used a weapon, other than a knife or a firearm, or did not use a weapon, to facilitate the abduction. 28%

9. The offender sexually assaulted the victim during the abduction. 94%

10. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction in a manner that did result in death. 17%

11. The offender physically assaulted the victim during the abduction that did not result in death. 56%

12. The offender did not assault or physically harm the victim during the abduction (excludes sexual assault). 28%

13. The offender transported the victim during the abduction 78%

14. The offender did not transport the victim during the abduction. 22%

15. The offender exhibited obvious psychotic symptoms (delusions, hallucinations etc.). 0%

16. The offender held the victim captive for greater than 24 hours. 17%

17. The offender held the victim for less than 24 hours. 83%

18. The kidnapping occurred in the morning (midnight-8am). 28%

19. The kidnapping occurred during the day (8am-4pm). 6%

20. The kidnapping occurred in the evening (4pm-midnight). 66%
thank you ...very interesting
# 8 makes it very confusing
''..used a weapon.....or did not use a weapon''' 28%
this is critical
firearm + knife = 39%
#8 should tell us if a weapon is used in the majority of times--but it is conflicting information

Last edited:
iowa-county-map.gif

Lee county isn't all that far from SE Poweshiek county...

Much of Lee county is much different than rural Poweshiek county. You'll have to look up the stats if you're interested, but I'd certainly consider areas of Fort Madison and Keokil to be unsafe.

Ok do you know when/ why info would be commonly redacted?
Sensitive in nature to an ongoing investigation, or privacy concerns would be my guess. I've often wondered this myself when looking at Iowa City's police call log (sometimes I go look for comic relief. I can't *believe* some of the issues ppl call 911 for, holy crap).

Ok do you know when/ why info would be commonly redacted?
It’s redacted if the person requesting the information is not party to the case but a person from the public.

Example: If I requested a report for husband, it wouldn’t be. If I requested for MT it would be.

We can only make assumptions at this point, based on what we know, and past cases. She was likely kidnapped. She was taken by someone known or unknown. The motive would likely be sexually based. She is more than likely deceased. Of course this is what I see as most likely, and there are plenty of plausible scenarios that differ drastically, hence all the discussion.
I agree

Thanks for that link Scepter. Oddly, the story seems to lend more support to the positive value of rewards than to the stated "conclusion" of the subtitle, "No evidence that money is effective."
Apparently there have been no scientific studies to prove either side but investigators like the fact that rewards, especially big ones, bring in lots of leads to otherwise stalled cases, generate publicity for cases that need it, and can cause one baddie to turn in another.
IMO, rewards can work like retail "loss leaders." The reward itself might do nothing, and no one ends up claiming it, but the publicity it generates brings tons of attention and might spark a faded memory that leads to resolution. My local grocer recently ran a "free pound of butter with every $10 purchase," special that quadrupled foot traffic and pumped profits for the week. What he lost on the butter giveaway was nothing compared to what patrons spent on other items.

Hey OCB..good to read you!

Regarding the computer use and her having logged into her online course.. if she did login, completed some work and left for her run, if she was gone very long at all, the system would have logged her out at some point. I took online classes and if there’s a lengthy period (really not that long actually) of inactivity it will prompt you to keep the session open within so many seconds or it will automatically log you out.. so I’m guessing by the time LE found her laptop she was logged out of whatever she may have been doing. But the last login time would be there.
Also, let’s say she was writing a paper in Word and left the document open, at the bottom right hand side, it has the time of the last auto save which is generally done whenever you stop typing.. that could be a clue.
Just some thoughts.

What LMS did you use for your course?
Was the time out related to the institution, or the LMS?

Hello everyone. LLTNS! I cant believe the last time I posted was in April. I am finally being able to throughly enjoy being with my hubby who finally retired this year.

I have been following Mollie's case in the news. I have felt from the beginning the suspect is from the area who knew Mollie would be alone, and knew the other three would be gone. In such small towns that could have been overheard at a convenience store. I do believe LE knows much more than they are saying.

I tend to believe the red shirt found has relevancy to the case because LE began to really search that area extensively. If they thought it had no link, such as, wrong size, aged, and ragged I do not believe they would have been this interested with that area. I also think the tech data is pointing them to this general area.

It wouldn't surprise me if the suspect is known to Mollie even if it is not closely. I tend to believe she made it back from her jog and was taken later. That is just speculation on my part since LE seems to want to keep the timeline a secret. I do believe they do know the approximate time the abduction took place and where. Whoever this is could have waited until she finished her jog and then waited until much later.....even in the early hours of the next morning to enter the home.

Imo, I think one of the reasons LE doesn't want to announce a specific time she was taken is because they want the suspect to think they think she was taken during her jog. If that is not the case then if he created a false alibi it would not be for the time they know she was taken. LE wants to keep him guessing on what they actually have discovered and know. I do think they do have particular POIs and are narrowing it down to one.

I think they are looking for one suspect. I do not believe more than one was involved. One person unfortunately could easily abduct a petite young woman and it has happened so many times before by one lone perp.

I wish I believed she is being held against her will somewhere, but rarely is that the outcome, and much more often the victim met their demise within less than 24 hours of being taken.

I don't know who the suspect will turnout to be in the end, but it very well could be someone Mollie thought could be trusted in her community. Maybe someone she wasn't even close to but a friendly familiar face. I think Mollie would have opened the door if she heard a knock even if it was late or early morning. She, like all there, felt safe in this small close knit community until this happened.

It also would not surprise me if the suspect is hiding in plain sight, and may have even attended searches.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I have missed all of you, and maybe I will have more time in the future to post more often. :)

Ocean

Your theory about LE wanting to keep the timeline such a secret would make sense with the mom giving different info recently in her interview. In her first interview she says she believes Mollie was taken once she got done with her run. The most recent one she says she believes she was taken during her run.

. I'm sorry but all that touching of his face while being interviewed is very telling to me. JMO
Touching the face is not indicative of lying. However, inconsistent / contrary movements (like shaking head no, when saying yes) are indications as is other body language. There are some great books and courses on this subject and the FBI is very experienced in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298