Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what make her a priority over any other missing person. There isn’t even evidence of a crime, and it is equally as likely that she is voluntarily missing as it is that she came into contact with a serial killer or something. That makes no sense and I can’t help that it is because she is a young, pretty, white female.

There are other reasons that the Feds might get heavily involved. Like if they suspect sex trafficking, drug trafficking, serial killer, presiding law enforcement officer involvement, ect.

I did watch the interview and honestly I don't know. I think a lot of times people who aren't used to media attention are persuaded/tricked/lured into talking to the press when it isn't in their best interest. I do think the FBI/LE had a reason to be on the property but I'm not sure what I think of the person himself. I think if he was a serious suspect the FBI would have brought him in for a formal interview and advised him to get an attorney. Showing up twice after an interview for 5-10 minutes struck me more as something you'd do if you thought someone witnessed something out of the ordinary - "Hey, did you see those trucks again?" "Did you hear anything else?"

I'm hesitant to really point to any individuals without more information because many of my own clients are deeply unlikeable but completely innocent people. I know there are whole fields of psychology dedicated to profiling but personally I think it's difficult without actually being in a structured interview and hearing what someone says and how they say it.
Very true! He’s certainly an odd enough guy but that doesn’t mean evil. Stalking and a crime of this potential magnitude are definitely not equatable especially since stalking charges may have a domestic component. I don’t know that LE thinks he is to blame as much as that he may have saw something or knows something. But I think he’s socially awkward and seemingly naive enough to be the perfect patsy in the whole deal. Good LE could probably convince the guy himself of guilt regardless of whether or not he’s involved. Sad, but possibly true. And I can’t imigine LE would need to play too many “mindgames” with this man. I think it would feel like a game of solitare. But who knows. He could be more sinister than he appears to me.

I wonder what make her a priority over any other missing person. There isn’t even evidence of a crime, and it is equally as likely that she is voluntarily missing as it is that she came into contact with a serial killer or something. That makes no sense and I can’t help that it is because she is a young, pretty, white female.
It's a priority because they know she is missing and she didn't run away. It has nothing to do with her appearance.

I believe the interest in a particular case has more to do with how people relate to the victim than anything else as well as the mystery surrounding a case.

Not true at all.
So you’re telling me that if they had evidence that indicated no foul play, they would allow themselves to be criticized by both the public and the media, without releasing that information? That the FBI would remain involved? That there would be no sightings, no sign whatsoever of Mollie still being alive? I absolutely disagree. I can’t fathom a scenario other than foul play here.

Here's a screenshot of the man driving the black Mercury van in Miner, Mo. who tried to abduct the jogger. He looks very muscular and his arm appears to be covered in tattoos. He also looks like he has a gray goatee. Here's also a screenshot of the van.
Is that the jogger in front of the van he tried to abduct? Who then took this picture?

Not sure who you are referring to. I see no one who is INCREDULOUS.

You do know that the fact they've come back to talk to him a second time is somewhat newsworthy on several fronts -- not the least of which is that it seems to clearly suggest that WC either has no alibi -- or offered one that has yet to be confirmed?

JMHO

I made a general statement based on the hundreds of pages of discussion that I read through. LE has stated that they conducted 200 interviews so far. I don't think the fact that they interviewed the resident/owner/former owner of property they are apparently interested in a few times is particularly noteworthy. I certainly don't think the fact that they asked him questions for 5-10 minutes "clearly suggests" he has no alibi. For all we know he could have told them he saw a black SUV parked near his property and they have follow-up questions.

I agree 100% with you margarita25. Everyone's opinion is welcome and valuable, and we are all trying to help keep Mollie's story out there.
I'm with you Nancy -- and margarita25.

After a week-long break I returned this evening to find some commenters taking on other commenters more aggressively or directly than usual.

A. Putting down commenters reacting to a second interview of WC.
B. Putting down a commenter for suggesting some minor inferences might be made from a 'trucker's tan.'

Jeez.

Perhaps in part it is due to the growing sadness and anger about what might have happened to poor Mollie.

Not sure why. But this one hits me much harder than even the Natalee Holloway case some of us commented on here at WS way back in 2005.

I don't believe her. If she saw this, I would think she would have mentioned it sooner - like maybe 2 or so weeks ago. And if she just thought about it, how does she know she had the right date? I could be wrong, but you've got to wonder if she wants to insert herself into the investigation for attention, or if she wants the reward (which if it's false, she wouldn't get anyway). JMO
She may have mentioned it to investigators days ago and we just don't know it. It was also Fox news who asked about a "red shirt being found" during the press conference and was told " I don't know anything about a red shirt", and they went ahead and printed a shirt was found anyway. But I definitely see your point about people saying things for the attention.

I don't believe her. If she saw this, I would think she would have mentioned it sooner - like maybe 2 or so weeks ago. And if she just thought about it, how does she know she had the right date? I could be wrong, but you've got to wonder if she wants to insert herself into the investigation for attention, or if she wants the reward (which if it's false, she wouldn't get anyway). JMO
To be fair the article doesn't specify when she told the FBI, just that she told them when they questioned her. So it could've been awhile ago. I also don't find it all that strange that in a small town she would remember seeing a big SUV driving slowly, since she probably doesn't see that too often jmo

I am still pondering LE asking if anyone knew “why” Mollie was missing, more than once. Who could know why, assuming she was abducted? What kind of question is that? Or are they still not positive she was abducted? They did say no crime scene, initially, before they stopped talking.
So why ask why? What kind of answer could come from the public?
I’m the odd man out here, I do not think she was abducted. LE’s choice of words leads me me to believe they’re not entirely convinced either.

It's a priority because they know she is missing and she didn't run away. It has nothing to do with her appearance.

I believe the interest in a particular case has more to do with how people relate to the victim than anything else as well as the mystery surrounding a case.
I’ll add with something I’ve mentioned before. She is a young, attractive, hard working college student, who is very unlikely to disappear on her own. She vanished from a safe town, and is similar in profile to people that many of us know. She could be our friend, sister, daughter, niece, etc. She is relatable, and that is why her case has drawn our attention.

I'm with you Nancy -- and margarita25.

After a week-long break I returned this evening to find some commenters taking on other commenters more aggressively or directly than usual.

A. Putting down commenters reacting to a second interview of WC.
B. Putting down a commenter for suggesting some minor inferences might be made from a 'trucker's tan.'

Jeez.

Perhaps in part it is due to the growing sadness and anger about what might have happened to poor Mollie.

Not sure why. But this one hits me much harder than even the Natalee Holloway case some of us commented on here at WS way back in 2005.
I think people are getting very frustrated and are clutching at straws at this point

She was born in San Francisco, lived in Oakland until 6 (sounds like father could be in the Navy??). Father lives in Fresno now.

So she really doesn't have Oakland 'street smarts'.

I would disagree that a 6 year old hasn’t yet developed any street smarts, and also I would say that Oakland is only one of the places she’s been that she would have developed them. The point is, she’s lived more places than a small town where people felt safe, and her parents have as well, so I imagine she isn’t unaware of personal safety best practices as simple as it walking alone in the middle of the night across town. Just speculating, since that’s all we can do with the info we have...

About her eyesight, she is near sighted. One of her family members said she needed them for driving, and I think it was her aunt who said she can't see anything without them.
Do you have a source for this by any chance?

I might expect a digital trail in the morning, such as texting to her mother or bf, but not necessarily. If such an action was not part of her typical routine then we'd have nothing further from which to sleuth.

Absolutely there should be a digital trail if Mollie was alive and well in the morning. She typically collected the car in the evening and she did not pick it up. With that type of change in routine she should have texted her brother to let him know that she was on her way, or to ask him to swing by and collect her. In fact, he checked in with her at 7:30 to find up what was up with the car.

I think something interrupted her plan to collect the car in the evening, and that same interruption prevented her from letting her family know that there was a change in plans.

I think we can narrow the timeline down to sometime between 7:30 when she was jogging and 10PM, which would be a reasonable time to let her family know that she would not pick up the car.

Thanks for the link. Unless I missed a page, all that says is that basically the donor can choose to have the funds refunded or donate them to the family after 8/1/202o. Were there other specifics regarding how the tips are received, tipsters vetted, ect?

Bring Mollie Tibbetts Home Safe Reward Fund
Page 2 of 2

3. If information is provided to Crime Stoppers, the family of Mollie Tibbetts, or authorized law enforcement prior to August 1, 2020, and if this information leads to Mollie Tibbetts’ safe return, Crime Stoppers will transfer the entirety of the Reward Money to the person providing the information

Also, see Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa (Admin) for more details...
Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa

I was surprised reading this that she said she reported to the FBI and they apparently didn't tell her not to disclose it to the media or discuss it with anyone. Maybe they told her she could tell the press now? A "leak" from a neighbor may be a lighter touch than an announcement from LE if they want to drip more information out.

I wondered if maybe the SUV she saw was an unmarked LE vehicle patrolling the neighborhood looking for whoever may have vandalized the store in town. It would explain the slow speed, the late hours (not quite the same time she gave but maybe she was a little off? She gave a window of 1.5 hours after all), and the type of vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera