Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. What mollie’s Dad says about getting in a car is interesting. To say maybe this person misunderstood their relationship sure seems detailed. It’s a far different scenario then questioning WC everyday.
I have had my suspicion on this all along - my 2 POI's would both fit this category. But if I think they are POI's, I imagine the FBI does also and have probably interviewed them (if they are carrying on their daily life as usual). If they are missing also, and I know one of them is not, then I guess they are trying to locate him as well. But this is JMO - I have no inside info. And I will probably be wrong. I just hope whomever has her has not killed her.

Wow. What mollie’s Dad says about getting in a car is interesting. To say maybe this person misunderstood their relationship sure seems detailed. It’s a far different scenario then questioning WC everyday.
Not a far different scenario if his property was used to dispose of something by different perpetrator(not WC).

This thread moves so incredibly fast it's impossible to stay up to date. Can someone please share a link that explains why the SUV is not considered important/linked to Mollie's case? TIA
Apparently it was an erroneous report from SM & then MSM that can't be discussed here, but WS owner Tricia posted it was offtopic and to stop discussing it either way.

This can't just be coming from a place of hope inside her dad. This has to be based off something, it's way too specific and detailed. Perhaps something she shared with him during their 3 hour phone conversation...

But he literally says he's just speculating as he says this.

From the Fox News article: "It's totally speculation on my part, but I think Mollie is with someone that she knows, that is in over their head," Rob Tibbetts said. "That there was some kind of misunderstanding about the nature of their relationship and at this point they don't know how to get out from under this."

The burglary report is interesting, but it should be stressed that it occurred a month prior, not two days prior. That's a big difference. Unless I misread the initial post about it, the date is in June, not July.

As for the poor woman who was killed in Lee County and her body found in a ditch on the side of the road...it's turning out to be sadly pretty much what you'd expect. Not a missing person case, but a sudden act of violence by a person close to the deceased. A heated argument with a boyfriend/partner that got out of control. I don't think I believe the BF's claim that she jumped out of her own accord, but even if she did, she must have been very fearful of her safety to take such a risk. RIP Sadie, I truly hope they get to the bottom of this tragedy.

Arrest made, body identified in Lee Co.

A criminal complaint filed by the Lee County Attorney's Office stated that Hamann stated to officers that early on Sunday, his girlfriend, Alvarado, and he had argued. He stated she jumped out of his vehicle on 235th Avenue.

ut oh.. this is a weird development.

bringing me back to the 3 hour phone call.with her father... I hope this is not going to turn into a Maura Murray kind of case. moo

It just might. Early vibes I felt during the first LE presser fuels that thought but, it goes against what we think we know about MT and her relationships with family, DJ and friends. Happy, caring, silly; it seems many people simply enjoyed being around her and it makes one wonder what in her life would make her want to leave such a Utopian-like experience?

The Lindsey Piccone case comes to mind.

My first post, so hopefully I'm not posting something I shouldn't. I have been a lurker since the day after Lindsey Baum disappeared. I didn't feel the need to post on that thread, as I shared the same suspicions as many other people.

The rules of what can and can't be posted seem a little different on this thread as compared to Lindsey's thread. That being said....

I'm leaning towards (please delete if I'm posting something I shouldn't) thinking that whoever was supposed to pick MT up for work in the morning has her. There have been no statements as far as I can see from LE or the media that *insert name* arrived at the boyfriend's home to pick up MT and she was missing. Certainly one of her coworkers or brother had to have knowledge of how she was getting to work in the morning. Why is LE keeping this information close to the chest regardless of whether she disappeared the night before or that morning?
I’ve wondered the same thing, but the ride could have been arranged from anyone who works anywhere in or near Grinnell.

I thought in an interview early on, though, her mom said she was left with the impression that Mollie was coming over for dinner, and was surprised when she didn't show.
Exactly...“Impression”. A 20 year old can easily be self centred enough to ask what dinner is, because they are assuming they are welcome, finding out what’s for dinner and then deciding it’s not worth it to them, with or without following up on this question. I could see at this age, definitely thinking that I never said I was coming so it shouldn’t be assumed.

Except that I believe the text about dinner was a fair bit later then 5:00, and unless I have missed it, I have never seen anything that shows that she made “plans” to go for dinner. What I saw was that she asked what was for dinner, mom answered “brats” and Mollie responded “OK”. This is not a plan for dinner, this is a question of what the menu is. That’s it. Could be the way they made plans, or they could have even made plans earlier, but that is all that I have seen on the matter, which is not enough to say that they had plans.
I just threw out 5 as a rough number, I agree that I think it was later. She did only say, "OK" to dinner, but she was expected to make a dessert to take to work with her, and had her mom by the ingredients. So it seems likely she was expected to show up there at some point. And it seems like the usual routine was that she would show up to get the car. So I think during that series of conversation she would have mentioned not needing to get the car, had she made a plan prior to the discussion of dinner. So I think it would be fairly easy to research who she planned to have pick her up, if that is the case.

Does Big Bear Creek stand out to you because it's a large, fast moving body of water in Brooklyn where Mollie could have been hidden and/or carried downstream to a location outside of town?

With 'the world' of possibilities still on the table for why Mollie went missing, 1) is still that she fell/was pushed into the water and carried away, either near the HS or on one of her regular routines, or being dropped off somewhere along the creek, and 2) Travelers on I 80 and Hwy 6 are visually able to see flag displays in Brooklyn, so a passerby on those roads could have stopped in town to check them out, thus a stranger coming into the community and spotting Mollie on a run or walk more of a possibility - this website that talks about Brooklyn's history mentions big flags placed on a rise above town so they could be seen from nearby highways: [partial quote from website]:

"Brooklyn is known as the Community of Flags. In 1991 Brooklyn put up an avenue of flags to welcome RAGBRAI riders into Brooklyn. That gave Alexander Wehrle an idea. He hoped to raise enough money to build a flag display in Brooklyn. One flagpole was to be so tall that motorists could see it from parts of Interstate 80 and Highway 6. He hoped to turn Brooklyn into the Community of Flags.

That idea is now a reality with a large Flag Display sitting up on a hill next to the Brooklyn Museum. '

About Brooklyn | Brooklyn Iowa

There are several fast moving rivers in that area. Very fast after heavy rains -- which as I recall occurred a couple days later. The Iowa, the Des Moines, the English. The smaller ones are lazy when there is no rain, but become dangerous when rain engorged. They all angle to the SE.

Except one. Oddly a small river called Black Hawk Creek flows north.

I thought in an interview early on, though, her mom said she was left with the impression that Mollie was coming over for dinner, and was surprised when she didn't show.

That's correct. However, some time later, in another interview, the mom said that Mollie had been a no-show for dinner before.

As I see it, the probability is high that Mollie set out on a run to her mother's for dinner, and to pick up the car--but never arrived. Then the mother was surprised that she didn't show up, but shrugged it off, since Mollie had done this before. (And thought that she'd run over for the car in the morning, or thought that she'd gotten a ride with someone.)

I am not leaning that way myself, but I cannot fault others that are. For all of us, the hope is that she is still alive somewhere.
For me it’s got nothing to do with “hope”, I came here looking to find who snatched and killed Mollie - but now it’s painfully obvious that she simply put the dogs away and left. She didn’t have a car, she left with someone that did. Someone she knows. Someone she was expecting and she put the dogs away when they got there. I’m absolutely convinced of that much, not a single piece of evidence even suggests otherwise.

But that opens a whole new set of questions: when did she leave? Who did she leave with? When did she plan to return? Was this just an overnighter and she intended to be dropped off at her car in the morning? Is it as her father suggests, somebody misread the intentions and now she’s held against her will? Is she now missing because she doesn’t want to be found?

But he literally says he's just speculating as he says this.

From the Fox News article: "It's totally speculation on my part, but I think Mollie is with someone that she knows, that is in over their head," Rob Tibbetts said. "That there was some kind of misunderstanding about the nature of their relationship and at this point they don't know how to get out from under this."
Do you have link for this version? Thanks!

Possible. There are other people she might feel comfortable enough to hop in a car with, too. What about a fellow student from college? A former teacher she may have had? A former cross country running coach? A neighbor? A friend's dad? A police officer? However, this would mean that they have her captive or did something worse quickly because they are currently able to carry out their normal day to day activities without suspicion. If they were in hiding with her, they too would be reported missing.

I've mentioned this as well...but it seems that it would be easier to find two missing people that are together, LE would be following two trails, the other person would be missing work, etc...unless of course they went with her and left her wherever they went and then came back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo