Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends who buys her eyewear...if her folks do, they may know what she has.
again unless closely monitored they would likely know a estimate, not a exact. contacts don't just dissolve when they are past the recommended wear time. wearing longer isn't a great idea but is commonly done. gaining one extra pair wouldn't be that big of a deal.

This is a narrative of what could have happened.My theory so to speak.

I get the gut feeling there was a close acquaintance(school,family,friends) or a local who on occasion attempted to engage her in private conversation but she declined.

Whoever this person might have been just shown up & feigned distress. This 'needy' acquaintance probably appealed for her to use her knowledge of clinical psychology to help. This combined with her obvious interest in helping others might have swayed her to go with them against her better judgement.

I could see a peditor tragically appealing to her go 'just say for a 5 min ride' and 'just talk'.

Please feel free to critique & as I am completely stumped.

MOO

In fact this is a ploy that is often used. I have read that strangers will use children as decoys, now in the days of catfishing and the internet. It's possible.

I think the 3 hours is taken too literally. I have had conversations with people that took a total of 3 hours or 2+ hours, because of dropped signal on phones etc. If one of the 2 is running around doing errands, could just be a 3-hour window when they talked. Again without the actual call records, it is all a guess.
Possible. Just seems like most day to day communication these days is in quick bursts. I guess it might depend on the person and maybe there are some regional differences. But taking 3 hrs out of anyones day even if its spread out to me seems like it not a typical conversation. Maybe that was their communication style and they would call or skype and just chat away? We don't know unfortunately so we can just assess call length based on personal experience and what we see around us. This could have been entirely normal/typical for MT and her Dad.

Also, who’s life is so serious at 20(someone with similar to Mollie’s circumstances anyway), that they choose to disappear without a trace? You would have to be in some very serious trouble, or involved with something very shameful to do this. She could have moved to the other side of the country and start a new life near her Dad. She seems like someone who had options, not the depraved type of individual who not only needs to disappear, but to hurt everyone she loves in the process and cost her community and local, state and federal LE, tax payers huge amounts of money and resources.

While I don't believe she's voluntarily missing, I do want to comment on the above. People DO commit suicide, or leave to start another life, despite there being any visible reasons why. The type of family, social or economic status, race, gender... not of that matters when it comes to mental health.

I feel frustrated like so many others reading here. I’m trying to feel like LE is releasing little info for good reasons..but I also feel frustrated because we’d like more information and details. I’ve come up with a theory in my head. What if this disappearance was initially designed to..postpone life events about to happen. And then it got out of hand. As in..became a nationwide thing and now hard to come back from that? I realize it’s far fetched. I just keep going back to it and wondering about some family relationships. I realize her brothers and boyfriend and his brothers have all been cleared as suspects in any way.
Mind you it’s taken me a week to gather the nerve to post this because it’s different than my initial thought to her missing..I enjoy all your theories but also do not want to violate TOS and get in “trouble”! But..I’ve read every post on every thread at this point I think..and I’ve not seen this theory yet. I kept hoping someone else would come up with it!
All my own opinions.

again unless closely monitored they would likely know a estimate, not a exact. contacts don't just dissolve when they are past the recommended wear time. wearing longer isn't a great idea but is commonly done. gaining one extra pair wouldn't be that big of a deal.

There are extended wear contacts that are approved for 7 days without removing (which means people will wear them 2 weeks to save money).

Still wondering why this case has attracted so many FBI agents...I can see one or two but 15+ seems like they suspect this could be a piece of a larger puzzle JMO

there are a lot of missing girls in Iowa, multiple serial killers operating across the country simultaneously. makes me wonder if there were some calls made...or hints..if there is a request for ransom isn't that when the FBI comes in? or kidnapping across state lines?

lots of young women being preyed upon in small towns. I dont know how you can stop serial killers...

I think dad is in denial...or she got catfished with the big city ruse..often used by romeos who turn out to be pimps in the end. perhaps thats why the money was gathered so quickly..

a sweet little girl type like Mollie is highly marketable on prostitution scene.

they will immediatley start injecting her with heroin and get her addicted, and keeping her compliant for clients as they will immediately start making money off of her, unconcious or not.

sorry...it's not that hard to go to Iowa and pick up a girl who thinks she's just getting to know someone new, just thinks she's going to a bar for a quick beer , just meeting an exciting new friend while her BF is out of town..

I hope she is alive.

I keep thinking that its one thing that all the FBI agents showed up to work on the case but the interesting thing to me is if this case had no legs or wasn't in their mandate then they would have scaled back the allocation of resources. By all accounts the FBI has stayed and so there must be a reason. Maybe the reason they have stayed is because of the person that MT accepted the ride from?
And without violating TOS, who might that be?

Missing persons cases are among the most difficult to solve, especially if a person is abducted by a stranger, he said.

Investigators are missing an important piece of information. "There's no connection between the person and the stranger," he said. "In personal crimes, the subject is connected to the victim — spouse, friend, competitor, someone they fought with.

"You have a starting point. But with a stranger abduction, there's no connection."

The longer a case goes, the former police chief said, "the less the probability is of a good outcome."

Mollie Tibbetts: Why do police hold back information from the public?

"A good outcome usually comes within days," Moulder said. But "there are those outliers, where the person is found" after months or years.

Elizabeth Smart was abducted at 14 in Salt Lake City and held for nine months before being rescued. And three women in Cleveland were imprisoned about a decade before escaping their captor.

Moulder said families "refuse to give up hope" they'll find their missing loved one.

@SharonNeedles (great username, btw), this is written and stated quite nicely. However, I do wonder how much knowledge Dad has of LE's findings...

"And while dad does specify that this is his own speculation, it would not make sense for him to speculate one thing when he knows all the while it’s not true. Point being: dad’s speculation is consistent with what he knows."

I have been assuming this was the case, but don't think we know this for sure. I've been keeping up with these threads the best I can, but I don't recall anything definitive about how she was getting to work.
Yes, I believe they shared the car and the brother called her in the morning to see if she needed it or a ride. JMO

A new thought just entered my mind: What if someone had a beef with Dalton or his brother, possibly related to their business dealings? They were in business for themselves, so I'm wondering if someone did something to Mollie as a punishment to either of them or as revenge for a perceived wrong (they could have known she was there alone). People nowadays will resort to drastic measures to get back at someone. I'm sure LE has already considered this, among all the other possible scenarios. I'm just grabbing at straws here folks, cuz at this point my brain doesn't know what to think! I really want to believe she's alive with someone she knows, like Mollie's dad believes, but just offering up another angle.

I am sure the police know but we don't know if in fact the text were typed by her. we know the mother got text from her phone. we also don't know where she in fact was when texting.
What is this in regards to?

I was just thinking that it may be possible to make a lot of money selling a hog farm to a large company. If you had a history of stalking, and didn't seem to throw your money around buying nice clothes and a nice house, some people might think you could afford to hire someone to obtain whatever else you might desire.
If you want more info on this topic take a quick trip to the deep web. Virtually anything and anybody can be had/rented if the price is right. I take that back, you don't even need to go to the deep web as many of these people are operating in plain view. The recent articles I've read on human traffic patterns have been fascinating and it isn't just the sex/prostitution world either. Locally we had another round up of people that were holding nail salon employees captive and then chaining them up at night in a house and then bringing them to work in a van as a group. Another local case was restaurant that kept workers in a separate location and the workers only went from their sleeping location to restaurant and back. These are simple examples and most of us would see these people doing their jobs and think everything is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member