Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you even read your link? It most certainly does say it was a hit and run.
No where does it say hit and run, I clicked the link you provided and nothing. No autopsy results either so yea.

Thank You! As you've probably figured, I am not a woman named Sharon. I'm actually a 52 yo father of two teenage girls and I live about 30 miles from Brooklyn in a small Iowa town. Of course this case scared the hell out of all of us and we're all on the edge of our seat now waiting for the next development. And me? I'm obsessed with this until I know what the hell actually happened!

And your response is exactly like all of us with daughters.

This is one reason for LE playing things close to the vest. Once there was a child killer on the loose in Baltimore. No one, and I mean NO ONE went outside or let their kids out. It is easy for we the public to become very concerned and even panicked.

Nick Pratico walked across the highway after registering for college classes and getting his student ID, and committed suicide in the middle of a cornfield. During the search, his family and friends insisted that he would never have run away or d0ne anything to jeopardize his bright future. It took a month to discover him.
A local girl with a beautiful Instagram filled with happy photographs of her smiling at parties and track meets at her Ivy League college jumped off the roof of a parking garage. Things are not always what they seem.
I’m not saying that this happened here-just that we sometimes don’t really know what is going on in someone’s life.

I really don't know how a stalker thinks, but the repeated interviews by LE, and his answers, are still curious.
Stalkers a creepy people and they stalk for different reasons. It might be out of nosiness, to scare, to hurt, to steal, to kidnap, etc. One would need to be in the mind of the particular stalker to know what's going on. Oh, and I think there's also peeping Tom's. That is usually for sexual gratification. imo

They will soon be scaling back and we will never know what time Mollie went missing. Evening, nighttime or the next morning???
Ex-FBI agent: Tibbetts investigation will likely have to scale back
BROOKLYN - The missing person case of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is going into week three, and police still have not found the Brooklyn woman.

Local 5 wanted to know, from the experts, what are law enforcement doing right now to find her, and when does it reach a point when the investigation will scale back? We spoke to Brad Garrett, a former FBI agent.

"Unfortunately in cases as they tend to go from days to weeks and then to months, the number of leads you have tends to disappear," said Garrett. "Even though you are logically going through all the obvious leads that you can generate, then you have to rely on source information, community information, or law enforcement. You're waiting for those people to come forward."

Garrett said right now, the number of agents working on the case are at 30 to 40 on any given day. That's simply unsustainable.

"If you're still having this conversation a month from now, sadly, law enforcement will get smaller to justify the leads that are in this case," said Garrett.

Didn’t anyone learn anything from the Holly Bobo case I’m speaking of policeman, detectives, relatives. ,. They kept all their their information close to the vest and look how it turned out. The town of Parsons knew who had kidnapped and killed Holly within weeks of her of duction. iMO
Holly Bobo couldn’t have been saved by anything le did or didn’t do, but they did secure arrests and prosecution...so justice. The one person who got immunity, killed himself. I am not meaning to be harsh, but what hurts people a lot more long term than getting sloppy answers in a timely manner to avoid the family being in extended limbo or the public in extended curiosity/frustration, but if they screw up a case from sloppy hasty police work that results in no charges ever being laid. If Mollie is still alive at this point, she is in a relatively low risk situation, if she is gone, then the next best things are finding her body and serving “justice”.

Why is everything hush hush? We don't know if that red shirt was Mollie's. We don't know when (early on when she was missing or later)this young woman saw this SUV trolling the neighborhood. If it's in the beginning before the FBI came there then it wasn't them. There is not much to go on.

Good point. It used to be thought that the FBI could only become involved in interstate crimes -- cross state lines. That 'red line' was passed some time ago.

The link to the FBI page is below. Here is the only FBI qualification I can see: The FBI concentrates on crime problems that pose major threats to American society. Significant violent crime incidents such as mass killings, sniper murders, and serial killings can paralyze entire communities and stretch state and local law enforcement resources to their limits. Violent Crime — FBI

Why didn't the FBI become involved in other missing persons around Iowa (say)? Good question.

1. Cybercrime
2. The reason above which is chilling
This is an interesting topic for sure. The entire issue of I-80 corridor related activities (everything from prostitution, drug, slavery to *advertiser censored* etc.) seems in the basket of FBI mandate. Anything having to do with organized crime or gangs of any sort would be in the mandate too. They have a wide range of areas so its really hard to speculate. I am not certain in this case the reason the FBI is here is because of a serial killer or serial offender? Not sure anything in the limited information we have so far points in the direction of the serial killer but we clearly could be dealing with a psychopath or sociopath and dealing with this profile would most likely mean the FBI expertise is required.

Thank You! As you've probably figured, I am not a woman named Sharon. I'm actually a 52 yo father of two teenage girls and I live about 30 miles from Brooklyn in a small Iowa town. Of course this case scared the hell out of all of us and we're all on the edge of our seat now waiting for the next development. And me? I'm obsessed with this until I know what the hell actually happened!
No. I didn't figure it out. I thought you were a woman who liked to knit. Thanks for tipping your hat! :)

LE is not releasing that.
And in not releasing the time Mollie went missing they are missing out on the wife whose husband came home later than usual that day. Or the Mother whose son left and then returned home that Wednesday morning. Or the noises neighbors heard during the middle of the night. Nobody really knows where to focus due to NO time line!

And your response is exactly like all of us with daughters.

This is one reason for LE playing things close to the vest. Once there was a child killer on the loose in Baltimore. No one, and I mean NO ONE went outside or let their kids out. It is easy for we the public to become very concerned and even panicked.
If you've seen this before maybe you can tell me: I'm wondering if we can read anything into the silence from LE. If there were somebody out that we should consider an imminent danger, would they not have an obligation to tell us that?

Holly Bobo couldn’t have been saved by anything le did or didn’t do, but they did secure arrests and prosecution...so justice. The one person who got immunity, killed himself. I am not meaning to be harsh, but what hurts people a lot more long term than getting sloppy answers in a timely manner to avoid the family being in extended limbo or the public in extended curiosity/frustration, but if they screw up a case from sloppy hasty police work that results in no charges ever being laid. If Mollie is still alive at this point, she is in a relatively low risk situation, if she is gone, then the next best things are finding her body and serving “justice”.

And

Ex-FBI agent: Tibbetts investigation will likely have to scale back

I think so too. I am not sure how long Holly Bobo was kept alive after the “party,” but to scale back this quick is disheartening. Hope that’s not true, that investigators are scaling back. In fact, with no body, they need to scaling up. She’s out there- find her!

Her Dad is a Dad. And likely knows nothing about these kinds of cases.

It’s not unusual for the body to be undetected for a long period of time.

It took over a year to find Chandra Levy’s body.

That was an East Coast crimes, I suspect bodies in cornfields take longer to come to light.

Exactly. Shanaya Coley’s body went undetected behind an apartment building IN HER CAR less than a mile away from where she was abducted from and it took 5 months IN AN INNER CITY! (She also has a thread for those interested)

I don't have the evidence to back this up, but a rising sophomore likely does not have much of any knowledge regarding clinical psychology.
While possibly true, she could've have had an interest in psychology for awhile and learned quite a bit via books and online research articles, etc. It may also be that she simply has a compassionate, empathetic nature (which I believe has been said about her) and that led to someone taking advantage of this and asking her for help. My mind keeps going back to the character of Carin in Patch Adams when people bring up this theory. At this point, I think it's an acquaintance and this theory could fit into that. Or it could be someone she trusted and was closer to but wasn't interested in "that way".

I’m sure at least half of you roll your eyes when I launch into another “left voluntarily” rant so feel free to scroll on past.

Yes, I’m absolutely convinced of it. She left later in the evening with someone she knew and was expecting to come pick her up. She put the dogs away and left. Of course evidence that’s surely known to LE could easily disprove this, and what happened beyond the moment she left is pure speculation, but consider this:

Leaving voluntarily and being abducted are not mutually exclusive. We have no indication where she might have gone, who she might have gone with, or what happened next. Any number of scenarios are possible after that car pulls out of the driveway.

While it’s obvious that a long term voluntary disappearance was not meticulously planned, that leaves a few options to consider: it’s possible that she only planned to be gone a short while, maybe overnight and would be dropped off at her car by early morning. Maybe not even that long, the original intention could have been to just run down to Casey’s and grab an energy drink. Maybe she was planning on spending the night with someone. Regardless, when she walked out that door she didn’t necessarily intend to be gone indefinitely.

Family will not accept she’s missing volentarily. Fair enough, they know her better than we do and they’re probably right. Not certainly right, but probably right. But to say she left voluntarily is not to say she’s now missing voluntarily. And that’s the point of view dad is expressing.

And while dad does specify that this is his own speculation, it would not make sense for him to speculate one thing when he knows all the while it’s not true. Point being: dad’s speculation is consistent with what he knows.

And dad’s message I believe is quite clearly directed at both Mollie and the person she’s with - whether voluntary or involuntary at this point, and without regard to motive. There’s no easy way to resolve this without a terrible backlash. Dad understands this, he’s here to help. Whatever it takes, just get her back.

Agreed, I can't see the dad saying this without a reason. JMO

I don't have the evidence to back this up, but a rising sophomore likely does not have much of any knowledge regarding clinical psychology.

Flattery,helplessness,fear,desperation any trope in a predators vast tool box to sway the unsuspecting innocent to give in. Ted Bundy would even resort to wearing an arm cast to lure women to 'help him load his boat on his car'.

Ted also removed the door handle from the passenger door in his VW Bug sadly trapping the frantic victim inside. Predators find a way to trap & engage the trusting person to submit to their evil charm.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members