Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And in not releasing the time Mollie went missing they are missing out on the wife whose husband came home later than usual that day. Or the Mother whose son left and then returned home that Wednesday morning. Or the noises neighbors heard during the middle of the night. Nobody really knows where to focus due to NO time line!
I was seriously having this conversation with my wife today! The public is very eager to help, and the more time that passes the less sharp our recollections on the days in question are going to be.

Wondering if anybody else might live at the farmer’s house that could be connected to Mollie, her family, or her boyfriend? If so, perhaps the additional questioning of the farmer is related to another person?

Ha! You caught me. There is no memo. My thoughts were - why did brother drop her off instead of her dropping him off. Then text her at 0730 to see if she needed a ride? That's all. I apologize for my lapse.

Gotcha... I am not sure how to explain that, other than that was a routine, to park the car at mom’s. Thanks for clarifying.

Hey all,
New to websleuths. Hoping I'm posting in the right spot! Mollie's case hits so close to home as I have a 23 year old daughter in Iowa and I am an Iowa native, and just happened to be visiting my mom in Grinnell when Mollie went missing. Since my mom lives at Rock Creek my first thought was they would be searching Rock Creek park/lake but we never saw any searches. If they don't know where Mollie is why aren't they searching in places like Rock Creek? Every search I see on the news is in the ditches around the hog farm.

Also, my daughter lives in Waterloo and is a teacher. She said the traffickers have been extremely bold this summer, even walking up to the playground where the kids were in recess (she's been teaching summer school). If Mollie is still living I can't help but wonder about this as a trafficking type of situation since they have been so active in Iowa this summer.

your post made me think - could mollie have possibly gotten sucked into a situation regarding one of the parents of her campers? an abusive or neglectful parent? drug situation for a child at home? child came w bruises or told her something?

was she was trying to protect this child/unsure what exactly was going on so she didnt know how to handle it immediately? also, not accusing her of handling a situation inappropriately but if she witnessed something she thought was sketchy recently, she may not have jumped to conclusions and debated how best to handle. or she did try to handle it/told someone at camp and the parent(s) were upset with her (and le is keeping this from us).

maybe thurs on the way to camp/pick up the car she saw the parent(s) and she got in the car w said parent to discuss/hear their version of what was going on ...

while i think the most likely answer will be something to do with mollie and someone that was interested in her specifically/romantically, with the limited info we have, i cant help but wonder about other possibilities like the one above

Think about it for a moment. Who has never misplaced their car keys, or tv remote, and you turn a room or house (or purse, in the case of keys) upside down looking for it. Now imagine a person, probably at least slightly hidden from plain sight, in an area maybe 5 square miles from the scene of a crime. I actually have almost the opposite thoughts as you...I think it is amazing when they DO find someone. JMO
But think of a space ship going to the moon. That was masterful. Why can't we create something that will locate remains??? Tax money can be used for many things. Why can't we use it to develope a drone or plane with something to detect our missing laying in fields and streams. Seems that is just as important as the billions spent on space travel.

I honestly don’t want to come across as insensitive, and I truly wish that all the resources in the world were available for every case where a loved one is missing, but this is just not the case. At what point do you all think it is okay to scale back? Do you not believe that the resources could be used better, in more current or pressing situations? Ie, someone that can be saved vs. Someone who might already be gone or might be gone of their own volition? I try to avoid political discussion, but this is where the pretty , white girl thing becomes bothersome to me. The FBI needs to scale back after a certain point. I just don’t understand what people are expecting from all of this? What about all of the other missing persons cases in the United States?

Stay safe SharonNeedles + 2 teenage daughters! If anything has been exposed in this case to me its the fact that the people of Brooklyn and surrounding area need greater and improved law enforcement coverage. I just doesn't seem safe anymore to think that we are 4-5 from I-80 and so who is going to come here? I spent some time today reading local blogs and people talk about long waits for police to respond to calls in Brooklyn. With technology options in security available today I hope the local people of Brooklyn can figure out a way to preserve their way of life WHILE at the same time being safe. I think they deserve better than no local police force and depending on a county sheriff system that is stretched way too thin given the sizable territory they have to cover. I am NOT knocking the local LE, not one bit, especially as its worked for many years. Local LE just have too few resources and too much territory to cover and the towns don't seem to use resources equally based on what I read today (Grinnell seems to suck up almost most of the resources which leave local LE scrambling to cover the territory based on what I was reading today). These are complicated issues but waiting 1 hr+ for response to calls isn't keeping anyone safe. I'm curious what would have happened if MT tried to call local LE? Would anyone from local LE been around to respond in a timeframe that might have made a difference? I'm not so sure.
I totally agree, contracting emergency services through the county is a bad spot to be in if you need to dial 911 and get a response right now. As much as I really like towns like Brooklyn, this is one of the main reasons I'm living in a slightly larger community now!

Thank You! As you've probably figured, I am not a woman named Sharon. I'm actually a 52 yo father of two teenage girls and I live about 30 miles from Brooklyn in a small Iowa town. Of course this case scared the hell out of all of us and we're all on the edge of our seat now waiting for the next development. And me? I'm obsessed with this until I know what the hell actually happened!

I figured. ;) I have teenage sons, and you can probably imagine the humorous usernames they can come up with. :)

I can only imagine what Iowa residents are feeling right now -- especially those with teenage daughters. As a parent (and human being), I hope this turns out to be a voluntary disappearance, though I'm sad to say I don't believe it will. Hold those girls tight.

Didn’t anyone learn anything from the Holly Bobo case I’m speaking of policeman, detectives, relatives. ,. They kept all their their information close to the vest and look how it turned out. The town of Parsons knew who had kidnapped and killed Holly within weeks of her of duction. iMO
Honestly I never knew that. Imagine that and I still see in my mind's eye Holly's mother and father. So very sad.

How resources are divided in terms of federal LE, should not be based on a popularity contest. It should be about where their resources are needed most at any given time. I’m actually sorry if this offends anyone.

Last edited:
But think of a space ship going to the moon. That was masterful. Why can't we create something that will locate remains??? Tax money can be used for many things. Why can't we use it to develope a drone or plane with something to detect our missing laying in fields and streams. Seems that is just as important as the billions spent on space travel.

There are cadaver dogs, which are amazing. Not sure how they are being used in this case. Heat sensing technology means they are looking for a live person, I guess? I guess the video capture from a drone could also be used as an aerial view of anything from the view as the crow flies.

Anyway, if she was transported away by a vehicle, none of that is going to work in the area where she was last seen. Holding on to hope she is alive, but was taken elsewhere.

Money spent on space travel leads to all these amazing technological advances that are often used. Things like GPS and probably tonnes of others come from investing in science and tech

I'm quietly reading and following along.
What I am afraid of is that the media will die down and the FBI will pack up and leave town. Mollie's family and a solitary detective or two will continue to work Mollies disappearance as a cold case, with no answers or resolution. I font like hearing that they have moved the PC to friday, and then Mollies father exclaims he believes she is alive. What is it? Get Mollie home.
Seriously, the FBI isn't going to stick around and IMO they head out of town much quicker than you'd expect. Then what will Brooklyn be left with?
I pray with Mollies family that she is revealed and makes it home to them!
jmo
I believe if the LE doesn't come up with more to share to the public soon the concern/interest will wane and the family with be left with no Mollie and a cold case. I do respect LE not wanting to disclose info to protect the investigation but to keep the public alert and concerned they need to share some tidbits.

Ha! You caught me. There is no memo. My thoughts were - why did brother drop her off instead of her dropping him off. Then text her at 0730 to see if she needed a ride? That's all. I apologize for my lapse.
Perhaps MT told her brother she might have a ride to work in the morning and he texted her to make sure she didn't need a ride.

There are cadaver dogs, which are amazing. Not sure how they are being used in this case. Heat sensing technology means they are looking for a live person, I guess? I guess the video capture from a drone could also be used as an aerial view of anything from the view as the crow flies.

Anyway, if she was transported away by a vehicle, none of that is going to work in the area where she was last seen. Holding on to hope she is alive, but was taken elsewhere.

They had cadaver dogs walking down the street Caylee lay dead on! So close but...so far away.

If they scale back the search and give no more for info for the public to possibly help, that would be a shame.
Before actually pulling out, I have to believe they would provide more information for the public to pick up where they are leaving off, if they haven’t already got this case all but solved already.

There is a general profile of lone abductors... I can’t quote it for sure, but I believe less than average intelligence, a history of abuse, and behaviors such as hurting animals...

If we count slaughtering hogs (though necessary, I know) as hurting animals, it's safe to say the other two criteria are likely met on one spectrum or another.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member