Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible Mollie witnessed a crime so the perps felt they had to take her?
I really am heading down the lane of the pig farm tho. Too much activity there for it not to be something imo.
I also felt from the getgo and mentioned this sounded like a stalker to me. Not pointing any fingers tho because WC was so open with letting LE search his property.
Does he keep company with any friends who have a similar background? I know we can't sleuth them but perhaps LE was asking him about that.

I am really surprised at everyone thinking the case is going cold... IMO they have a suspect but it is an extremely delicate rescue operation. They are potentially waiting for this guy to leave his house so they can make an arrest without harming Mollie. I wouldn't compare this situation to Delphi because IMO and according to her father, Mollie was likely taken by someone she knew which would make it easier to solve. Maybe a mentally unstable acquaintance asked if she could help and hang out, she obliged, got in his car, and was held captive at his house. I get the sense that this is a very strange case.

I don't find it insensitive. It is realistic. Of course each missing person's life is invaluable monetarily and emotionally but At some point scaling back of resources is inevitable. It seems plausible that it would be measured by prioritizing likelihood for resolution. I don't know the best time to do this but it seems logical once tips are reduced and manageable with less and less LE/FBI to scale back. The question of how so many non white, pretty girl cases never receive this amount of public or investigative attention is very fair, too. Institutional and Systemic racism. MOO.
Thank you so much for saying, I don’t want to come off as out of line. I am truly a sensitive person.

But who would choose to leave this way when it would hurt so many people? Just to avoid a proposal. This seems so crazy to me. She could have just moved to Cali with her dad, with no explanation owed to boyfriend. Why go to such lengths? To me the only thing that could make a person decide to do it this way, would be incredible trouble coming up (ie, she murdered or raped or kidnapped someone and was going to be caught or stole a massive amount of money or got caught up in something too shameful to face), not an impending proposal.

I’m not sure it was voluntary..and not thinking it was to avoid a proposal. You may have to read between the lines a little with what I said (no offense!!)..I can’t say what I’m thinking or it is accusatory..if that’s makes sense.

And

Ex-FBI agent: Tibbetts investigation will likely have to scale back

I think so too. I am not sure how long Holly Bobo was kept alive after the “party,” but to scale back this quick is disheartening. Hope that’s not true, that investigators are scaling back. In fact, with no body, they need to scaling up. She’s out there- find her!
Re the link above: I found an interesting comment on the video that wasn't included in the printed summary. It could explain why WC is being checked for so many seemingly short visits (after the initial encounter with LE).
At the about 25 second mark, ". . . or even possibly a relative or associate of a potential bad guy. We're waiting for those people to come forward . . ."

I am really surprised at everyone thinking the case is going cold... IMO they have a suspect but it is an extremely delicate rescue operation. They are potentially waiting for this guy to leave his house so they can make an arrest without harming Mollie. I wouldn't compare this situation to Delphi because IMO and according to her father, Mollie was likely taken by someone she knew which would make it easier to solve. Maybe a mentally unstable acquaintance asked if she could help and hang out, she obliged, got in his car, and was held captive at his house. I get the sense that this is a very strange case.

Jmo three weeks would not pass while this many lawmen “waited.” It also does not explain all of the ground and water searches.

I don't think the case is going cold either. But, I do think at some point, the FBI will scale back to 1 or 2 investigators to help local LE continue to investigate. If/when they get the break they are looking for, I'm guessing they will reach back out for additional resources if needed.

I worry about that as well. Three weeks doesn’t seem long enough to scale back. I do think the pressure should be out on anyone the investigators haven’t solidly ruled out. Reward money doesn’t help in cases like this, where fear might be involved. It might be more helpful to outline a plan for immunity. Not sure, since I don’t think something like that has ever been posted to the public. Hoping for answers soon.
I feel like three weeks is already an inordinate amount of time comparatively, for this amount of manpower.

I’m not sure it was voluntary..and not thinking it was to avoid a proposal. You may have to read between the lines a little with what I said (no offense!!)..I can’t say what I’m thinking or it is accusatory..if that’s makes sense.

Interesting theory. I can see it definitely being possibility. Moo.

I don't think the case is going cold either. But, I do think at some point, the FBI will scale back to 1 or 2 investigators to help local LE continue to investigate. If/when they get the break they are looking for, I'm guessing they will reach back out for additional resources if needed.
I 100% agree.

My initial gut feeling was that she was either taken, or voluntarily left with someone known to her, perhaps even very well-known to her, and about her age. I still believe that, although I, sadly, do not hold out a lot of realistic hope that she is still alive and well.

I believe if the LE doesn't come up with more to share to the public soon the concern/interest will wane and the family with be left with no Mollie and a cold case. I do respect LE not wanting to disclose info to protect the investigation but to keep the public alert and concerned they need to share some tidbits.

The public at large is not LE's concern. LE is working the case, they have digital info, they've conducted interviews, a huge reward is in play, they've gotten the word out and it's an internationally known case now. There's nothing else to do but continue to work the case. If an impatient public drops away, so be it. Maybe that would be less rumors circulating, which is never a bad thing. Someone who's seen something or knows something is someone in the geographical area and they would have to be living under a rock or in a coma not to be aware of the M.T. case by now.

WC has been visited by LE more than once and those interviews and searches have made the news so it seems like he's getting more attention from LE than other people. I'm wondering if others in the case have also been visited/interviewed/searched more than once, but they have lawyers protecting them and perhaps ensuring discreet meetings without the press getting wind.

Just thinking aloud...no way to know this, one way or another, at this point. Just pondering what could be happening with the case that we don't know about.

Like other WSers, I'm worried this case will go cold. I'm thinking of Jacob Wetterling tonight...

jmopinion

It seems he was just throwing that out there as a possibility- go back up and read a few posts. We still don’t know what to make of the car sharing, but it does appear brother was concerned enough to make sure she made it to work to text her about the car.

She seems like a very dependable and responsible girl, so leaving a ride to work until the last minute doesn't really seem in character.

Oh I so agree and I think about Mollie's parents each and every day. How they are able to even make it day to day amazes me. Mollie was beautiful and wonderful and had a whole lifetime of happiness just ahead of her. I have grown to know her through WS and even I miss her.
I keep thinking of Mollie’s youngest brother just starting his senior year, which is supposed to be a time of celebration & accomplishment. Trying to maintain grades, get good SAT/ACT scores, meet college application deadlines. Who can do any of that surrounded by family crisis? So much just becomes frozen in the anguish of not knowing. I want a safer world for everybody.

Assuming that pigs might accidentally eat something they shouldn’t, could it be that they keep returning to the farm to find out if anything (the missing Fitbit, perhaps) has surfaced?

The fact that LE keeps returning for just 5 or 10 minutes seems more like a “checking in” than a serious attempt at interrogation.

I’m new here But have read a lot of the posts. One thing that I had been thinking about for a few days was an interview I read from MT’s dad. He said something about someone taking her and it’s obvious they care for her so please let her go. See attached. When he said that I thought they must know something they can’t tell us for him to say what he did. Then today he tells what he thinks happpened. It falls in line with what he said in the article. I think they know it’s someone she knows and I think they are trying to get them to come forward or someone that knows the person to come forward. I think that’s the reason for all the information being kept quiet and I think it makes a lot of sense. Dad keeps saying it’s a very sophisticated operation by LE and I think it all falls in line with he lack of info, the timing of the reward fund, etc. I do think she is still alive and I do think LE May be close to finding her. I think that is also why the delay in press conference until Friday. They may have a lot to share by then. Maybe it’s just my wishful thinking, but I hope I’m right. I’d really like a happy ending.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/02/us...-student/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle