Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps MT told her brother she might have a ride to work in the morning and he texted her to make sure she didn't need a ride.

It seems he was just throwing that out there as a possibility- go back up and read a few posts. We still don’t know what to make of the car sharing, but it does appear brother was concerned enough to make sure she made it to work to text her about the car.

Mollie’s dad is speaking his hopes aloud, imo. He knows the places LE is searching are not places she would be found alive, fields, ponds etc...but he has to think she is ok.
Oh I so agree and I think about Mollie's parents each and every day. How they are able to even make it day to day amazes me. Mollie was beautiful and wonderful and had a whole lifetime of happiness just ahead of her. I have grown to know her through WS and even I miss her.

If we count slaughtering hogs (though necessary, I know) as hurting animals, it's safe to say the other two criteria are likely met on one spectrum or another.

JMO.

Yes. That’s probably not the only reason such an interest, but well put.

Was she attending classes for the summer? Had she already registered for the next semester?

I'm thinking one of the men who came to the daycare to pick up or drop off their kid might be her abductor. Maybe he became obsessed with Mollie and was angry that she wouldn't go out with him.

Where else did Mollie work besides the daycare? I heard she was working two jobs. What men did she come into contact with?

The FBI angle is an interesting topic. When I searched for more info, this post from right here at WS popped up:

What We Investigate — FBI
Spies. Terrorists. Hackers. Pedophiles. Mobsters. Gang leaders and serial killers. We investigate them all, and many more besides.

The very heart of FBI operations lies in our investigations—which serve, as our mission states, "to protect and defend the United States against terrorist and foreign intelligence threats and to enforce the criminal laws of the United States." We currently have jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal law, and you can find the major ones below, grouped within our three national security priorities and our five criminal priorities. Also visit our Intelligence program site, which underpins and informs all our investigative programs.

I was seriously having this conversation with my wife today! The public is very eager to help, and the more time that passes the less sharp our recollections on the days in question are going to be.

LE will hold back info about the timeline if they think it will help them catch a suspect lying about where they were at the correct time. In this case, the fact LE thinks this holding back is more important than getting clues from the public about the disappearance time hopefully means that they have one or more suspects they’re investigating and may interrogate in the near future.

The more I think about this.....

I had a case 30 years ago. Similar not exactly. And I don't quite remember all the details.

6-7 y/o female was kidnapped from a Midwestern town (not in Iowa). It appeared that a relative did it (the father was batshoot nuts). Gone for 10-12 years almost no traces.

However detectives stayed on her case. (so don't be afraid the FBI is going away). She has been abducted by her cra cra father to Alaska. And was protected by the CSA a seriously violent right wing group. (look that up, your eyeballs will fall out). The FBI and who knows who else surrounded her rural place in Alaska and captured her (I believe someone in that town saw a wild child with a crazy man). She had never been to town, she had never been to school, no haircut, no normal clothes.

She was delusional with the father. I had to read about Patty Hearst's kidnapping to figure this out. The CSA said they were coming after us, so we had to hide her and change her name. They didn't kill us -- obviously. So these kidnappings occur, and it can be for trafficking or seriously crazy reasons. And sometimes with diligence there is a good outcome.

I think the father knows something he isn't talking about. Fathers are generally not going to speak out of 'hopes'.

Any ghostwriters out there? I got quite a few stories I should write up. :)

The case is taking on the complexion of a case going Cold.

It reminds me of the Delphi double murder.

Not much was shared, not much was gained.

Investigators will always say it’s hot, and they have good leads, but they roll out, and things enter a totally new dimension.

I believe if the LE doesn't come up with more to share to the public soon the concern/interest will wane and the family with be left with no Mollie and a cold case. I do respect LE not wanting to disclose info to protect the investigation but to keep the public alert and concerned they need to share some tidbits.

JMO
I wholeheartedly agree. Whatever they have been doing has not worked thus far. The reward is not seeming to work yet. Its past due time to shake the tree and see what falls out.

I am reminded of many cases where as soon as LE releases an important piece of information like a video of a suspects vehicle then sometimes the perp is captured within hours of that information being released. Its past time to give it a try. And it should not hurt the case if its carefully done. There has to be something they are sitting on that can help the public help them.

A more accurate timeline of when and where she last pinged would be a good start.

FBI in my smallish city jump into cases of any sort, sometimes to do all the electronic stuff, sometimes just for added manpower and experience. The “crossing state borders” is not a thing anymore for their involvement. That can be a factor later on if they want to bring federal charges.

This happened on the 16th, right? It was reported at 6:48 pm, but could have been at any time that day, I assume.

Correct. Or even earlier if the people living there were away and came home to evidence of a break-in. Who knows? That’s why it would be interesting to get the full story on what happened with that incident. I don’t have any more info. Could have been nothing at all (false alarm), unrelated, or it could be something very interesting— especially given that this house is just 0.4 miles from the BF’s house and on the same street.

Flattery,helplessness,fear,desperation any trope in a predators vast tool box to sway the unsuspecting innocent to give in. Ted Bundy would even resort to wearing an arm cast to lure women to 'help him load his boat on his car'.

Ted also removed the door handle from the passenger door in his VW Bug sadly trapping the frantic victim inside. Predators find a way to trap & engage the trusting person to submit to their evil charm.

MOO

Absolutely. I'm not saying Mollie couldn't have been lured in due to her kind nature. I'm simply pointing out that, if she had any knowledge of clinical psychology (not just reading text books), it clearly wasn't enough to keep her out of a (potentially) dangerous situation. Poor, sweet girl.

Investigators will always say it’s hot, and they have good leads, but they roll out, and things enter a totally new dimension.

Yup. They're probably at the top of their game now with all the tips coming in from the large reward and the parents pleadings. This can't go on forever and the tips won't be coming in so furiously. There will still be some tips tho and hopefully one of them will be right!

I worry about that as well. Three weeks doesn’t seem long enough to scale back. I do think the pressure should be out on anyone the investigators haven’t solidly ruled out. Reward money doesn’t help in cases like this, where fear might be involved. It might be more helpful to outline a plan for immunity. Not sure, since I don’t think something like that has ever been posted to the public. Hoping for answers soon.

I honestly don’t want to come across as insensitive, and I truly wish that all the resources in the world were available for every case where a loved one is missing, but this is just not the case. At what point do you all think it is okay to scale back? Do you not believe that the resources could be used better, in more current or pressing situations? Ie, someone that can be saved vs. Someone who might already be gone or might be gone of their own volition? I try to avoid political discussion, but this is where the pretty , white girl thing becomes bothersome to me. The FBI needs to scale back after a certain point. I just don’t understand what people are expecting from all of this? What about all of the other missing persons cases in the United States?

I don't find it insensitive. It is realistic. Of course each missing person's life is invaluable monetarily and emotionally but At some point scaling back of resources is inevitable. It seems plausible that it would be measured by prioritizing likelihood for resolution. I don't know the best time to do this but it seems logical once tips are reduced and manageable with less and less LE/FBI to scale back. The question of how so many non white, pretty girl cases never receive this amount of public or investigative attention is very fair, too. Institutional and Systemic racism. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98