Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the story about Abby and Libby and I’ll never understand why even now, a year out and LE has not released anymore info.

I live Indiana and was working in a school in small town near Delphi when Abby and Libby went missing. I have followed their case since the first announcement went out that they were missing,

The school where I was working that day was closed for the same reason that their school was closed, and the large school sign by the road advertised in huge letters “FEBRUARY 13: NO SCHOOL” And it was a beautiful and unusually warm day for February Indiana.

This case reminds me of A & L because of the extremely large reward, and the lack of information released.

Did you drive that 170 gravel road beside Dalton's home to HWY 6? If so does the rise block view? And were there any other houses along that road?

And how about that creek? Did you go over it?

Hi Veracity - Yes, I drove that gravel road north to 6; then came back south as well on the same road to get that perspective as well.

DJ's house is quite visible and a strange car in the driveway would be very noticeable - IMHO.

There's one house about twenty yards away to the NW and another one to the West - across the gravel road - maybe 100 yards away?

Yes - went over the creek - small to medium size.

Hope that helps!?

I think this is exactly what I said. At this point the only tips you are getting are the well meaning but probably inaccurate attempts of people in the area to remember something. That’s why I’m questioning whether the PCs are really to ‘keep it in the public eye’.
Sorry, I realized after I responded that I wasn’t exactly replying to you.

Sure..I understand not releasing SOME of the information..but not ALL of it..while a case is still fresh on everyone's mind. IMO if you keep most of the information "close to the vest" you don't give fresh minds a chance to recall anything..no matter how slight it may seem. I appreciate and understand your thoughts on this though.
Perhaps they feel they don't need to release information because they have all they information they need except where the victim is being held? My sense from watching they play out is that the LE and family appeals for information are targeted at a very specific person/s in the community that is known to them and not the public in general.

it is likely most retail places in town have cctv, even the funeral home. the systems are now fairly low cost. I hope they have saved cctv footage from time in question. even if cctv didn't see her it could have seen something that might seem nothing but put together with info that may come in future could be useful.

For those that think that naming people in cases when they haven't been identified by law enforcement as a POI or suspect is no big deal, I encourage you to take a look at this article about an MD who may never practice due to false statements attributed to him:
Ricardo Quarrie, surgeon falsely accused of wrongdoing, tries to recover his name - CNN
Specifically, this:

Totally agree - it takes one false accusation to derail a lifetime of ones good deeds, career, etc.

Shouldn't be that way - but in this day and age it seems to be - accuse and be believed - the only downside being experienced by - the accused.

Sad, but true!

Here is where I respectfully disagree too. While I don't believe the public has a right to know their work building a case I do believe the public has a right to know progress made finding the missing person, exactly how that part of the work was organized, who was in charge, progress reports, and notification of anything LE needs from any of us to help them be successful.

I can't look at any MISSING PERSON case and look past the MISSING PERSON, just can't do it

Perhaps her family has the right to know those things, unless they suspect that someone in her family was in some way involved, but the public has no right to know anything of the details of the investigation. Wanting to know does not give anyone the RIGHT to know. JMO

Why such a short period of time knowing the day before they were coming back the next day? Why not do it all in one day? Were they waiting for some evidence to come in? Are they trying to keep WC on edge? Did they need a SW first? Are they coming again?
Anything I say would be a wild guess, lol. I don't know.

IOWA - Crime Stoppers of central Iowa can no longer keep up with the number of growing phone calls on tips of Mollie Tibbetts whereabouts. They've asked people submit their tips online at:

Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa

Website for information on Mollie Tibbetts whereabouts

(so no longer anonymous?)
They're probably getting lots of tips because the reward is so high. People could be calling in the most minute things that have no bearing even. All it will take though is that one good tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper