Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, and agreed, swiping someone and leaving no evidence at all of it does not seem to be the work of a first-timer. If she were grabbed off the street and physically forced into a vehicle, her phone/armband remained intact, neither earbud came out, no yelling or other distress sounds reported.

People saw her walking/jogging but no one seemed to see her headed back to the BF house or saw any signs that she was taken, at least not that we're aware of.

I was very appreciative of Otto's map making, I wish we could nail down where she might have been if her walk/jog ended 15 minutes after it began, as Mortvedt mentioned a while back.
Hiya Geevee! Good to see you here!

I've been lurking the threads haphazardly for a couple of days only so I could be missing some things, though I believe A+B+C= Mollie may have disappeared voluntarily or reluctantly but unable to return to her loved ones for whatever reasons.

I think she did come back home (BF's) from jogging then left.

A) "Mollie Tibbetts' father believes she was taken by 'someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her'
Tibbetts said he believes the person who took his daughter may have gotten the wrong idea because of Mollie's sweet demeanor."
Mollie Tibbetts' father: Someone she knows took her

B) "Winker said investigators have also constructed a timeline they feel confident about.
"The timeline is very important, obviously, to us, but it's also been very important to us to get to know Mollie and understand what's normal for Mollie, what's not normal for Mollie," Winker said."
Mollie Tibbetts update: Investigators conduct more than 200 interviews - CNN

C) Mollie and the dad talked for 3 hours shortly before she disappeared.

Don't they have some kind of sonar to detect bodies? Wouldn't they fly over and be able to find somebody? Seems I read that a while back.

I dont think a perpetrator would have had enough time to abduct and dispose of the body in one of those cornfields.
I think it's likely that the abductor took her to another location, and carried out his intended act(s) elsewhere. He still could have dumped the body in a cornfield after the fact, but I don't think he did it at the time of the abduction.

I admire Mollie's patience with LE. Letting them do their work. I don't think I could be. I'd be begging for info. I'd follow them around town. I'd want to sit next to the IT agent while they pored over Mollie's data. I'd go to WC's house and make him tell me what he knows. I just couldn't sit there and wait.

No one wants Mollie to be injured or deceased. Just a lot of longtimers here who have seen many cases unfold over the years...they mostly do not end in happy reunions.

I really doubt her father had any authority or directions from LE to say what he said. I think they would have had him speak in a PC setting if he was prompted. The idea she left or was taken by someone who wants to “care for her” is better than alternatives, but much less likely.

And to those who think LE is silent because they have a suspect...why, even at the last PC were they asking if anyone knew why Mollie was missing? That is a bizarre question. If they had a suspect, they could certainly at least guess his motives, usually sexual and/or power. Jmo

Looking at some of her social media accounts she appears unhappy at times, lost, unsure about herself and her life. Maybe I am misinterpreting things but I do not get the feeling she was ready to get married, or even perhaps be in a serious relationship.
I think it's pretty common for most twenty year olds to be unhappy at times, and feel uncertainty. JMO

You're killing me Smalls (MT's Dad I'm looking at you)! So give us something then take it right back. Sigh...I think I am officially tapped out on this case: interest, ideas, hope, you name it. I feel badly for whatever is happening to this girl, lucky for her she ranks some major important LE involvement and I can't imagine they won't be able to solve this eventually. Prayers to the family, I'll look forward to reading the resolution someday and seeing what pieces we "online sleuths" as they called us actually had right with the lack of information we had! Best to all of you, see you on the next hopping forum!!

I've reached an opinion on this case.

It is unrealistic that a love-unrequited admirer abducted MT and is holding her captive with the hope that she'll love him forever. MT leaving on her own also doesn't fit what has been reported. Suicide remains a possibility above those mentioned above.

The following seems the most-likely scenario, with suicide a runner-up:

MT was abducted while jogging. A crime of opportunity. MT's remains will be discovered during or after harvest season.

Corn FAQs | Iowa Corn

MOO.

Ok so I did a little experiment using my friend’s/neighbor’s cornfield. My 2 boys are standing right inside the field, in the first picture and you can’t see them whatsoever. Look how thick it is.. can you imagine how hard it would be to spot a body in one? Even from above.

21njwqf.jpg

2efmjhv.jpg

2ymfxgp.jpg

I used Tinypic so I hope these work...
Thank you so much for this perfect demonstration/illustration. It was a great visual aid for me. And your boys ~ they're heroes, please thank them for me, too!

I have a problem with Wayne Cheney (pig farmer) ...not taking a polygraph. Plus..Remember..the police are being tight lipped about the results of the fitbit info...I think this is all very significant

I've posted about this before, and searched again (!) for the info so I could cite it. But, I'm not finding it in the media links, so I'm either mis-remembering, or the article has been edited since it was published (I know this happens, and still, I didn't take a screenshot). Regarding the hog farm searches, one article quoted LE as saying they were searching where they were searching because the Fitbit showed this as one place Mollie had been prior to going missing. I took that to mean she had been in this area sometime in the days (weeks?) prior to the 18th. Was she visiting someone there? Was she there with someone who needed to be there?

But, as I said before, it could be interpreted to mean immediately prior to her going missing. So, until I find the quote by LE, do with it what you will.

BBM

The public clearing of possible suspects was done before the FBI took over, for all we know WC has been cleared of suspicion and is aiding them in some way but public disclosures of that has stopped.

I don't know exactly when the clearing of people happened, but another statement I did not get a screenshot of, is in an article about WC being questioned. I believe it said he was a previous owner of one of the hog farms they were searching. Could that be a reason for interviewing him over and over? To get particular information on the hog farm buildings and property?

My apologies for not being able to substantiate my claims regarding the above statements. I'll look again and post the links if I can find them.

I do think Mollie was taken by someone she either knew or sort of knew, or knew of. Even a worker from the electric cooperative whom she might have seen off and on around the warehouse area, a neighbor, a friend, a schoolmate. A ruse of some sort, or offer of a ride from someone she knows or sorta knows, Mollie goes along, and then, it changes. Someone asks to use her phone because his\hers is dead, and now he\she has Mollie's phone. Cold *advertiser censored* her, and away they go.

So many ways to take advantage of an unsuspecting person.

Given the FBI presence, is there still any possibility she may have succumbed to an asthma attack while out running? I know she didn't run at night and was doing her homework at some point, but if that were the case, is there anywhere she could have stopped along the route while having a medical issue that hasn't been checked yet?

Corn can be an amazing concealer. An inmate from the Sterling Correctional Facility escaped a few years back, he ran from and through corn field to corn field making it to Yuma Colorado before eventually getting captured. The manhunt was vast, planes and helicopters, dogs etc and not one found breaches in the cornfields and I am not kidding when I say he ran approx. 40 miles....So you can be right there in the corn and not be seen. IMHO (just a reference) Escaped Inmate Captured In Farmhouse; Hostage Safe

When I was 10 and my brother was 7 we got lost in a cornfield. It was terrifying, the corn was ten feet tall with 30 inches between the stalks, we were running in between the corn rows and got turned around. We couldn’t see anything but corn and sky, and every direction looked identical. We eventually found our way out when we heard a dog barking and walked toward it.

We had actually walked deeper into the field, the opposite direction that we thought we were walking. We lost all sense of direction.

Considering that some cornfields are 300-400 acres or more, it would take a long time to search them.

But in small town Brooklyn, and on a farm where families and friends gather it would seem more likely he would. Nothing is %100, but I'm leaning to the most probably.
Absolutely. My town is bigger than Brooklyn and I know people's cousins, nephews, aunts and uncles names and their parents and I've never even MET them before. Not just from people talking around but also from Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper