Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for correcting this! I saw people posting “4 days left to love me” so many times that I went back and read it two more times because I thought I read it wrong!

HUGE difference between “4 days of leaving me before you go to work” and “you only have 4 days left to love me.”

That is how false reports begin. Someone could see “you only have 4 days left to love me” here and repost on another site, then it spreads like wildfire.
Exactly. Very frustrating :confused:

Being in Colorado, I don’t think I have any idea the size and density of cornfields. Wouldn’t you be able to see a disturbance entrance to the stalks if someone carried a body in? Or do the stalks bounce back immediately?
They are soooo high and soooo sturdy plus there are all different kind of corn...believe it or not. I did a little picture study the other day and I think somebody could enter and not disturb those big strong stalks. I'll leave it to more experienced corn growers to also speak about that one.
th

Being in Colorado, I don’t think I have any idea the size and density of cornfields. Wouldn’t you be able to see a disturbance entrance to the stalks if someone carried a body in? Or do the stalks bounce back immediately?

JMO
It really depends on how close they are planted together. Any time I have walked in a cornfield I was always able to slip between stalks. Some of the pictures I have seen for the Iowa fields look like they are closer together than what I recall so a perp may have damaged some if they had a drag a body through it.

But a stalk is strongest at the very bottom as the bottom of the stalk is very firm and its not easy to break them low to the ground.

My guess is you could slide a body inbetween the stalks but I am basing that on places that are not Iowa where I remember easily walking between stalks.

Last edited:
After Mollie's dad's latest plea and thoughts that someone has her and they shouldn't let this escalate, it's really also a possibility that someone arranged this whole thing (with another person) and it went all sideways. Isn't it? Or am I just grasping at straws? In other words, I mean someone close to her (not someone who has been cleared) might have done this to at least temporarily get her out of the "way" and never ever expected this to "escalate".
Ok I am grasping...
jmo

I heard he's talking to Shepard Smith on Fox News right now? Can anyone confirm? Don't currently have access to TV, live video links, etc....

ETA: "He" as in dad.
I don’t have a link but just watched the interview on Shephard Smith, one thing her father says is that some of the things he has said in recent interviews are his hopes and that they may have taken on a life of their own, he says he probably shouldn’t have said them and he is a father who is looking for a scenario where Molly can come home safely

Can you please refer us to the source of Mollie posting her bf only has 4 days left to love her? Was it 4 days before he was leaving town for work (I hope, meaning short term separation?)

The source is MT's VSCO images page. It's a screen capture of a text message.

Exactly quoted:

You only got four more days of leaving me before you go to work, better appreciate them

Yes, "leaving", which may have been the result of missed spell checker change or auto-word selection or... a Freudian Slip.

I just cannot understand for the life of me why WC gave any interviews to the media. It just baffles me. He put himself into the public's mind of being a suspect. Is he looking for notoriety? Does he think he's outsmarting the FBI? Was he just hoping to clear his name by saying he allowed the searches and questionings? Plus, who would just hand over their phone to LE? I'm kind of wondering about the things he said. Maybe he just wants the public to think he's cooperating to the fullest. LE hasn't told us this. ugh.

Sociopaths think they are smarter than LE.
They also lie, use burner phones, destroy evidence, etc. One who confidently says no sign of Mollie would be found on his property yet refuses to volunteer to take a poly isn't someone LE is ruling out as a suspect,imo.

Never been to a farm? Usually, big operations like this, in small town USA where teen boys and girls live or work are popular hang outs for BBQs, Friday night fire pits....hang outs etc.

Maybe I have a different outlook since I grew up in a small town. It was common to spend a lot of time on other peoples farms, as teens, young adults and now as adults. Farming is a community event, even for big time farms.

Where I'm from, there can be a lot of collegiality (and other things) at a pig roast, but that activity is usually comfortably afar from the donor animal's abode for obvious reasons.

They are soooo high and soooo sturdy plus there are all different kind of corn...believe it or not. I did a little picture study the other day and I think somebody could enter and not disturb those big strong stalks. I'll leave it to more experienced corn growers to also speak about that one.
th

I agree totally. I dont live in Iowa but my experience has been that I was always able to walk between stalks.

They are actually hard to break and especially hard near bottom where the roots are firm near the bottom. They grow these little spriggets at the bottom and are like an upside down funnel near the bottom. Very strong down at bottom.

With the recent celebrity suicides I think the posts were more meant to reach out to anyone who may be troubled and considering suicide.

That's possible. I really don't know how that site works as I've never seen it before. I'm not seeing any dates, but the posts seem pretty spread out over different months.

This was probably talked about before, but does it alarm anyone that she talks quite a bit about suicide and metal health/illness on social media?
Or maybe someone close to her committed suicide and that's why she mentions it so often.
She is a psychology major...although it's entirely possible that she or someone close to her has struggled with mental health issues. Every person has their "thing" they advocate for...it could be that it's just something she's passionate about and why she wants to go into that field.

Did I misread something? WC has a nephew that knows MTs brother and a family member thats a deputy?
Yes.
Well this should be easy for LE to prove or disprove. If she opened new contacts instead of putting the old ones in, the wrappers they came in would be in the trash.

And if she had two sets she was using—kind of odd, but not impossible—the empty lens case for the ones she put in would be near the others.

BF should have some idea of what her habit was and where she kept her contact stuff at his house.
No details from LE following up on the original statement that her contacts and glasses were in the house. Surely her mom, bf, and brothers/housemates who live with her would have some idea of extras she had with her, but we don't know, LE does.

It seemed like one of the few solid indicators LE shared with the public early on of her maybe leaving 'in haste' or when she wan't prepared to go out, since her mom has said she 'can't see' without corrective lenses.

th

Thank you!

I don’t have a link but just watched the interview on Shephard Smith, one thing her father says is that some of the things he has said in recent interviews are his hopes and that they may have taken on a life of their own, he says he probably shouldn’t have said them and he is a father who is looking for a scenario where Molly can come home safely
This is exactly how I interpreted his comments yesterday, as being a position of "hope" and not reflective of any evidence that indicates his proposed scenario to be true. If she was taken by someone close to her, and things got out of hand, she could potentially still be alive. The other probable scenario isn't one that he wants to entertain, as it has horrific implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298