Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been to a farm? Usually, big operations like this, in small town USA where teen boys and girls live or work are popular hang outs for BBQs, Friday night fire pits....hang outs etc.

Maybe I have a different outlook since I grew up in a small town. It was common to spend a lot of time on other peoples farms, as teens, young adults and now as adults. Farming is a community event, even for big time farms.
I live here. I know nothing of these gatherings.

In all my years of “sleuthing”- IMO, this is another case of a sexual predator who acted on opportunity. Young, pretty jogger. Maybe someone who has acted before but still not exactly known to LE. Similar to Jacob Wetterling case. I don’t think she’s alive & I think she may not be found anytime soon. WC is probably another Dan Rassier. The dad is just hoping his daughter is still alive but we all know the statistics in these cases. I’m not sure why LE is being so quiet, other than they have basically no info. It’s sad.

Being in Colorado, I don’t think I have any idea the size and density of cornfields. Wouldn’t you be able to see a disturbance entrance to the stalks if someone carried a body in? Or do the stalks bounce back immediately?

My very first gut instinct to this case was suicide. So little evidence. The hardest people to find are those who don’t want to be found. I’m still not ruling it out. Yes, she seemed like a happy girl with a lot of exciting things going on in her life currently, but don’t we say that about a lot of people that take their own lives? Just saying...
She posts a lot about suicide and mental health awareness on social media. This was alarming to me at first, but then I remembered that she’s a Psychology major.

Being in Colorado, I don’t think I have any idea the size and density of cornfields. Wouldn’t you be able to see a disturbance entrance to the stalks if someone carried a body in? Or do the stalks bounce back immediately?

I don't think so.

In all my years of “sleuthing”- IMO, this is another case of a sexual predator who acted on opportunity. Young, pretty jogger. Maybe someone who has acted before but still not exactly known to LE. Similar to Jacob Wetterling case. I don’t think she’s alive & I think she may not be found anytime soon. WC is probably another Dan Rassier. The dad is just hoping his daughter is still alive but we all know the statistics in these cases. I’m not sure why LE is being so quiet, other than they have basically no info. It’s sad.

Totally agree, and I think that’s why the FBI is heavily involved....IMHO, they are probably hoping to catch someone who has done this before. It would be nice if they were able to catch the perp this time. Too many go cold.

I heard he's talking to Shepard Smith on Fox News right now? Can anyone confirm? Don't currently have access to TV, live video links, etc....

ETA: "He" as in dad.

"..leaving everything else behind." Hmmm.

You would think if she left voluntarily with someone she knew (which still sounds like an open issue or question) why leave your wallet OR purse OR Fanny Pack behind?

Color me confused as to why there is still talk that she may have left 'voluntarily.'

I think the inference some are making is that she left voluntarily, but wanted to make it look like she went missing. In other words, she wanted out of her present life, but didn't want to tell anyone or explain. Just wanted to disappear.

Generally, the corn is sturdy, so unless the base of the stalk is broken, it's going to go back upright in time. I know in Iowa City we'd get these high winds and hail, etc., & what little corn I had in my backyard would be laying nearly flat on the ground. Always shocking to me to come out a few hours later, & it was like nothing had happened. I assume a similar situation for the far-taller corn people grow on these farms. I believe it'd be easy to drag nearly anything but an elephant back there & no one'd be the wiser.

You wouldn't be able to tell. They bounce right back. And they're dense. It's really easy to get lost in a cornfield, too.

Except for the fact that she says nothing about him only having 4 days to love her...she says he only has 4 days of leaving her before work. Not the same. At all.

This was probably talked about before, but does it alarm anyone that she talks quite a bit about suicide and metal health/illness on social media?
Or maybe someone close to her committed suicide and that's why she mentions it so often.

She posts a lot about suicide and mental health awareness on social media. This was alarming to me at first, but then I remembered that she’s a Psychology major.
With the recent celebrity suicides I think the posts were more meant to reach out to anyone who may be troubled and considering suicide.

Generally, the corn is sturdy, so unless the base of the stalk is broken, it's going to go back upright in time. I know in Iowa City we'd get these high winds and hail, etc., & what little corn I had in my backyard would be laying nearly flat on the ground. Always shocking to me to come out a few hours later, & it was like nothing had happened. I assume a similar situation for the far-taller corn people grow on these farms. I believe it'd be easy to drag nearly anything but an elephant back there & no one'd be the wiser.

Thank you. Great info!

Except for the fact that she says nothing about him only having 4 days to love her...she says he only has 4 days of leaving her before work. Not the same. At all.

Thank you for correcting this! I saw people posting “4 days left to love me” so many times that I went back and read it two more times because I thought I read it wrong!

HUGE difference between “4 days of leaving me before you go to work” and “you only have 4 days left to love me.”

That is how false reports begin. Someone could see “you only have 4 days left to love me” here and repost on another site, then it spreads like wildfire.

I thought the statement alluded more to he didn't believe someone went into the home with the intention to harm her...
Correct. He indicated that he did not believe that was the intent. I was focusing on the "where" - the house. I am just praying for everyone's strength.

This was probably talked about before, but does it alarm anyone that she talks quite a bit about suicide and metal health/illness on social media?
Or maybe someone close to her committed suicide and that's why she mentions it so often.

No. She's a psychology major. I imagine that her long-term goals probably included assisting those with mental health challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper