Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The theories about when M disappeared as baffling as to what happened to her.
Theory #1: She was taken while jogging.
Support: She was seen jogging, heading east, but no return.
Support: Nothing has been noted that located her jogging top or short.
Support: Online reference (somewhere) asking if her mother had the ingredients for cookies.
Support: She asked what was for supper.
Support: She usually got the car from her brother the night before. Was she going to her mother's house?
Theory #2: She was taken later in the evening or morning.
Support: Supposedly she used her computer for homework. Was she taking an online class?
Support: Boyfriend got a Snapchat from her around 10:00p,

So, what's the story? Where did she disappear? I used to inline skate and still bicycle. The absolutely first thing I do is to take a shower when I get home. Wouldn't she be sweaty and sticky? Where were her shorts and top? Wouldn't she have let out the dogs right after returning home?

Great point!

On a farm where families and friends gather? What??

Never been to a farm? Usually, big operations like this, in small town USA where teen boys and girls live or work are popular hang outs for BBQs, Friday night fire pits....hang outs etc.

Maybe I have a different outlook since I grew up in a small town. It was common to spend a lot of time on other peoples farms, as teens, young adults and now as adults. Farming is a community event, even for big time farms.

I thought I read somewhere that the bf, his brother and brothers fiancé were allowed back in the house. Do you think that would be allowed shortly after she disappeared if there was a potential to find evidence in there?
The house was first searched by the residents (prior to missing notice to police), and police searched with warrant, and returned the property to them shortly thereafter. Your speculation is correct. IMO, it confirms there was no indication that Mollie was taken forcibly by an intruder from the property. Also, from the beginning, there was local chatter that there was no evidence that Mollie slept in the house on 7/18. All unconfirmed by LE.

What happened to the days where media would be talking to everyone in town in a case like this? It’s just crickets chirping now.

It is why IMO, WC sticks out so much. There is just no noise, crickets or otherwise and the media seems to be ok with that.

• The County has a lot of Deputies!Deputies

12 officers is not a lot to patrol 585 sq miles. That's probably about three officers per shift. My guess is that the state and the FBI are handling the investigation. The Deputies are probably just providing search services.

Looking at some of her social media accounts she appears unhappy at times, lost, unsure about herself and her life. Maybe I am misinterpreting things but I do not get the feeling she was ready to get married, or even perhaps be in a serious relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member