Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who didn't show up for work on time the morning of July 19? Who cleaned their car/truck on July 19? Tips, they need tips.
Absolutely. And as another poster said, who has not been where they are supposed to be these last few weeks. Because just in case she’s being held somewhere, the person holding her would be less available to their normal schedule, I would think.

That seemed to be north of "optimistic comments". There's a lot to digest within what that man had to say.
And, ilI' even go further... With the amount of resources that have been poured in, as well as the amount of donations to the reward fund... And a deep desire to have his daughter back... The family is not going to put anything forth that hasn't been approved.

Her mom said things to Daily Mail last week that LE refused to address. So I think they say what they want.

Bear with me, but could it be possible MT became pregnant, panicked, and went off with someone who was going to help her deal with it? Many college kids have several fake ids so they can underage drink; and a trip to planned parenthood somewhere she wouldn't be known would be an easy way to get the care she needed with no questions asked. With the wedding trip coming up, she may have freaked out that someone would realize she was pregnant (morning sickness?) and thought this would be a 24 hour experience, but then had complications. Could have ended up in a hospital as a Jane Doe uninsured getting care... With the way this case then blew up nationally in 24-48 hours, the kids (MT & friend helping) may have been scared on what to do next... And overwhelmed... what do we do now...maybe DJ wasn't the father and something happened at school toward end of freshman year...

Just pure speculation; but it would be hopeful to think she is alive and will return...

This is turning into a "Can You Match Mine" contest. By your thinking she would have been kicked out the door by Planned Parenthood and ended up in a county hospital, whose employees were clueless and didn't watch the news, and managed to lay in a bed totally not noticed by anyone.

they steal stuff from everyone they know and then begin stealing from strangers. they barter with the stuff or pawn it or take it to a scrapper for cash.
and if a person is in the way of them doing this to finance their habit? I don't know that I agree with this Norman Rockwell we don't lock our doors and have no or very little cctv stuck in 1950 town. where there is meth there is crime and where there is very much crime there are cctv on most all retail and at least some homes. someone could easy be on cctv to do with this. if they are a 1tb system with 4 cameras is about to start recording over the time period in question.

I agree and this lays it well. This would be answered prayers. Mollie Tibbetts' father: 'We can get her home'
"I will try to be respectful of the investigative process. When dealing with a situation where a person has done an "act" that is criminal or "not socially acceptable" we try to provide them we an acceptable out. You misunderstood her friendliness and you made a big mistake. Don't make it worse. The person sees their "act" as understandable though terrible. This is for me the best news. The Father also says we are giving space for a good decision to be made. "Listen to her... This is a strategy.
Rob Tibbetts said that as the search for Mollie continues, it's also important to give that individual "the freedom and the space to process this, and to get themselves out of this amount of trouble because they get into a deeper amount of trouble."

His daughter's kindness, compassion and outgoing personality may have simply given someone the wrong idea, he continued.

"I do really believe that what happened to Mollie wasn't that someone set out to harm her," Rob Tibbetts said. "I think because they haven't found Mollie, that Mollie is still some place, and we can get her home." "

From what I can tell the population of Brooklyn Iowa is only about 1,500. The odds are the culprit is male in the 20-45 age range. LE probably knows most of the townspeople and likely suspects who in that demographic group is crazy enough to do something like this. Hopefully, they are requesting interviews of those people. Of course, the culprit could be from outside Brooklyn, I know.

I'm sure LE has a go-to list; we've seen one of them on camera. However, deviants can keep crazy well hidden with nice haircuts, manners, and a good job. Everyone is shocked when they are arrested. However, I would agree that those closest to him have seen flickers of deviant behavior and chose to deny it.

Hello everyone. My first post to WS and have read a lot on this thread. My thought is MT was somehow lured outside in the morning maybe by someone at the co-op or someone in the driveway. It’s the only thing that makes sense on why she left her glasses / contacts behind and why she would be wearing the red shirt, have her phone and the Fitbit. I would be curious to know if her jogging clothes from the night before were found inside the house. IDK, just initial thoughts and trying to keep up with this fast moving thread.

If it is true about the long phone call - AND it was reasonably close to when she disappeared - AND with dad's inclination towards her being alive but with someone who is "over his head" - then that could very well change everything.

JMO.

There were a few more stories about her father with extended quotes:

"It's totally speculation," Rob Tibbetts told ABC News, "but I do believe that Mollie is with someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her. But that relationship was misguided, misinterpreted and went wrong, and I think they're in a place with Mollie and don't know how to get themselves out of this horrible situation."

Rob Tibbetts said that as the search for Mollie continues, it's also important to give that individual "the freedom and the space to process this, and to get themselves out of this amount of trouble because they get into a deeper amount of trouble."

"I do really believe that what happened to Mollie wasn't that someone set out to harm her," Rob Tibbetts said. "I think because they haven't found Mollie, that Mollie is still some place, and we can get her home."

Hope he know something. He isn't just throwing out a line...he has thought this out.
Mollie Tibbetts' father: 'We can get her home'

I'm sure LE has a go-to list; we've seen one of them on camera. However, deviants can keep crazy well hidden with nice haircuts, manners, and a good job. Everyone is shocked when they are arrested. However, I would agree that those closest to him have seen flickers of deviant behavior and chose to deny it.
100% agree. You start with the clear crazies and then move on to others in that demographic group (male, 20-45) in Brooklyn.

Sorry... I know you would like to tie in a journalistic bottom line, and click bait... But, does her father come off as a guy who is going to change course in the middle of the incestiinvest, and be fooled by a reporter..? I just don't get that vibe

I don't think the father changed course at all, and never said that - I think he's expressing his honest and deeply held belief that his daughter is alive. I do think there's another article stating the same thing with no new information from LE because a journalist wanted to write it and the family thought it would help keep the story in the press. I see it happen every day to business people and professionals, this isn't a knock at anyone for going along with the press. Obviously the family has every reason to want this story to stay out there.

My take on what her dad is that he is saying exactly what he hopes would trigger a kidnapper to release her, if this is the case. He is saying “it got out of hand” etc, trying to give the guy an “out” as far as intent, etc. Maybe he took some advice as to what to say but I very much doubt his hopes are based on more than just that...hopes.

If it is true about the long phone call - AND it was reasonably close to when she disappeared - AND considering dad's inclination towards her being alive but with someone - then that could very well change everything.

JMO.

So what is the significance of a 3 hour phone call with her dad? Was this something that was not common? How soon did she disappear after the phone call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip