Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should post some of what he says. It's profound. Thank you InvSmith.
Here are some good impressions of greatly controlled investigation that I see from this press release:
  • This last article shows, in my humble experience, we are having an active conversation.
  • The Father is letting this person know he made a mistake but it is understandable. You misunderstood MT's intentions. This is a classic investigative technique and good strategy.
  • The Father is letting him know he can correct or limit what he has done.
  • The Father and the team have decreased the pressure by toning down the temperature of the investigation give this time and space to come to a more hopeful outcome.
  • The Father has done what he needed to do which under the circumstances is just well-done.
  • It looks like we are speaking to one person that is known and identified.
This is a lot of insight for me. I hope it works.

I know I am cynical but I have seen legions of parents begging for their child to be “released” when they were in fact long deceased. Mollie’s dad is more eloquent and compelling than others, perhaps...but still we are just seeing desperation...not a strategy based on knowledge. Jmo his words would have taken place in an especially assembled press conference if this was a “message” to anyone.

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your insights about the town. It has been really helpful to see through a local's eyes.

You are very welcome. I can give some insight to the town however I don't live there. I am an IA transplant and grew up in a small town near a large crime filled metropolitan area. I couldn't believe the nightly news when we moved here - they showed vending machine bandits and lost dogs. Where I previously lived it was a murder, rape, burglary, or all of the above every single night on the news.

This was like moving to Mayberry.

Hello everyone. My first post to WS and have read a lot on this thread. My thought is MT was somehow lured outside in the morning maybe by someone at the co-op or someone in the driveway. It’s the only thing that makes sense on why she left her glasses / contacts behind and why she would be wearing the red shirt, have her phone and the Fitbit. I would be curious to know if her jogging clothes from the night before were found inside the house. IDK, just initial thoughts and trying to keep up with this fast moving thread.

Welcome to WS CheetosDust. I like your name. Mine would have to be FireyCheetosDust, as I usually have a couple orange digits.

I know I am cynical but I have seen legions of parents begging for their child to be “released” when they were in fact long deceased. Mollie’s dad is more eloquent and compelling than others, perhaps...but still we are just seeing desperation...not a strategy based on knowledge. Jmo his words would have taken place in an especially assembled press conference if this was a “message” to anyone.
Agree with this, too. I recently listened to a podcast on NG about a 20 plus year old case which still hasn’t been solved, and the mother still had hopes her daughter was alive. I think as parents often until you have concrete proof, hope wins out. As unlikely as it may be (and sadly I think it’s extremelt unlikely at this point Molly is alive). IMO.

i would like all storm drains and any construction sites searched as well as the landfill. Just how long is LE going to wait to grid search? And why hasn't the landfill been searched? And, thanks for info regarding the call, I think grid searches esp of corn are mandatory now.

There was a case where a woman was raped, beaten, and murdered by a guy in a bizarre mask.

The Husband was convicted in the court of public opinion, and the Police were clear they thought they had their guy, him.

Sometime later, another crime was committed that was eerily similar, but it was in another state.

Turns out the houses were not far from the Interstate. The Perp was a Trucker who picked the houses at random and it was a very impulsive thing.

We don’t know that someone (a stranger) didn’t see Mollie and follow impulse.

You are very welcome. I can give some insight to the town however I don't live there. I am an IA transplant and grew up in a small town near a large crime filled metropolitan area. I couldn't believe the nightly news when we moved here - they showed vending machine bandits and lost dogs. Where I previously lived it was a murder, rape, burglary, or all of the above every single night on the news.

This was like moving to Mayberry.
Hi I think I might’ve missed your insight? Can you PM me or reply it to me? Thanks! It’s hard to keep up with the pace of these MT threads but I’m trying so hard!

Has anybody checked her VSCO account? I found it through looking on her twitter. I am new to posting on this so I didn't know if that was already brought up. There was a picture that's a little revealing (like a bathing suit, but not). This could have given somebody the wrong idea about her if there's a stalker type involved.

Wow! The dad’s interview this evening was quite interesting and certainly hopeful. Any young lady who has two brothers, a bf and a bf’s brother is going to be exposed to a lot of young men whether they want to or not. I mean, think about it. Each of the 4 males mentioned very likely has his own circle of at least 2-3 friends. Then you have to take into account old friends from high school, new connections made during one’s first year of college, and any online chat connections. And from what we’ve been told, MT has a gift for making people feel good about themselves. She’s a psych major and champion for social justice who most likely cheers for the underdog. And that’s great and probably a big reason why her case has garnered so much attention. But, unfortunately any attractive young lady who goes out of her way to make a possibly awkward and insecure male feel good about themselves runs the risk of being misinterpreted (especially by an unstable individual capable of holding someone against their will).
So, if she’s alive and with someone, does this come down to “who is also missing?” Maybe no one “noticeable” which is possible if it was a new out-of-town friend from college or an online acquaintance that no one within MT’s close circle even knew about. Or is she being held in the area by someone that isn’t missing? Now, that would be crazy and really difficult to pull off especially for this long. But LE’s search does seem to be centered locally or at least they’re making it appear that way.
Well, I think the possibility that MT is alive would more than explain and justify LE’s reluctance to give out information. And just think of how much information LE would have from her tech footprint. Just cellphone records and text messages can tell you so much about someone’s connections, relationships and even the nature of those relationships very quickly. In fact, MT’s footprint may have painted an obvious picture regarding “who” was getting the wrong idea about their relationship relatively fast. So, LE may know exactly who they’re trying to draw out, they just don’t know where she’s actually being held. Every press conference has appeared to be directed at the perp, we just didn’t know that they knew who exactly that was. But from what the dad said tonight, maybe they did and do. And at this point, I wouldn’t even be surprised to find out that LE has been negotiating with the perp much of this time and/or that the dad has actually talked to Molly. Who knows, but if she’s still alive and ends up being reunited with her family...wow!!! That would be unexpectedly wonderful and amazing!!

Here are some good impressions of greatly controlled investigation that I see from this press release:
  • This last article shows, in my humble experience, we are having an active conversation.
  • The Father is letting this person know he made a mistake but it is understandable. You misunderstood MT's intentions. This is a classic investigative technique and good strategy.
  • The Father is letting him know he can correct or limit what he has done.
  • The Father and the team have decreased the pressure by toning down the temperature of the investigation give this time and space to come to a more hopeful outcome.
  • The Father has done what he needed to do which under the circumstances is just well-done.
  • It looks like we are speaking to one person that is known and identified.
This is a lot of insight for me. I hope it works.
I almost thought the father's words were meant to apply even if, god forbid, Mollie is deceased. To get the person to confess, with the psychological out of it was a "mistake", things got out of hand. I know it is very unlikely that someone would confess to being part of a death, but this was how it struck me.

There was a case where a woman was raped, beaten, and murdered by a guy in a bizarre mask.

The Husband was convicted in the court of public opinion, and the Police were clear they thought they had their guy, him.

Sometime later, another crime was committed that was eerily similar, but it was in another state.

Turns out the houses were not far from the Interstate. The Perp was a Trucker who picked the houses at random and it was a very impulsive thing.

We don’t know that someone (a stranger) didn’t see Mollie and follow impulse.

This is basically my theory as well. It’s the simplest and most common answer. Everything else is intricate and planned out and movie-plot-worthy, but IMHO this is usually what it ends up being. Some random creepy dude doing a very bad thing, hiding what evidence he has time to hide, and then beating it out of town.

i would like all storm drains and any construction sites searched as well as the landfill. Just how long is LE going to wait to grid search? And why hasn't the landfill been searched? And, thanks for info regarding the call, I think grid searches esp of corn are mandatory now.

Yes, there are businesses there that have large debris piles that could be searched.

I read that she had her mom buy ingredients to make treats for work the next day and had a plan to do that at her moms. It just seems like she disappeared on her run but I can’t figure out how no one saw anything when it was still light outside. Unless there are remote sections on her normal running routes maybe? It’s so frustrating not knowing any details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc