Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MT had communicated with some guy other than her bf via social media,snapchat or her phone LE would know by now. And so the question is why the interest in the farm? The only logical thing I can think of is that is where the digital trail ended. It could be a red herring as some have mentioned. But we do not know if any of those things are true. They are all highly speculative. WC would naturally be someone LE would talk with, because of his history he fits a profile. Just because he stalked someone doesn't mean he had anything to do with this. But depending on leads, LE needs to check on such things. It is a process of deduction and some clever tactics. Sleuthing is much harder when we have very little to work with... yet, stuff can be out there... social media, photos with friends, backgrounds of other people that she may have come into contact with, etc

I just want to know if there was a wet towel in the bathroom when her family went to the BF's house the next day to check on her. If they didn't find a wet towel and they didn't find sweaty running clothes, I think you're looking at something happening before 11pm.

@StevenFabianTV - Inside Edition

#MollieTibbetts updates from Iowa. - Wayne Cheney, the one-time pig farmer questioned by authorities in Mollie’s disappearance, refuses to explain why he won’t take a lie detector test (1/2)

38m
#MollieTibbetts updates, continued. - a former girlfriend of a Wayne Cheney describes him as “violent and dangerous,” and says he’s been stalking her and her family for years. - plus NEW video of Mollie performing in a school play

Twitter - video interview link.

Video has interview with a former girlfriend of WC.

Dated for 18 months years ago (based on the photo in the video) and still allegedly stalking her and her daughters. Concerning to say the least.

I'm curious if others will come forward who may be random strangers that recognize him and noticed him following or stalking them in the past. That would give more credibility to him possibly being considered a part of Mollie's disappearance.

I wouldn't put too much store by the tweets about mental health, weight, suicide etc. I saw someone in her circle had the same - in fact, so similar were the remarks and the RTs of different things that it did cross my mind if there was some jealousy on the part of the other person towards Mollie. That they were trying to be/wanting to be like the 'popular girl' that everyone liked and wanted to be friends with in real life as much as on social media, that made them feel inadequate. Just my thoughts.

I am about 2/3 of the way through this and wanted to throw out some tidbits for our members who can't view the video. I left out Dad's comments at the beginning which were basically that his previous interview was purely speculation and that he has no particular person in mind.

• MOM: As far as the investigation goes, they don't know exactly when she went missing. "She told me she was coming home for dinner, but that she was going for a run first."
  • DALTON: Last saw her Tuesday morning before he went to work. He gets up at 4:30, so she was still asleep. He kissed her goodbye while she was still asleep. Wednesday night they were texting back and forth. Just normal conversation. He says the AC didn't work very well in Mollie's room at her mom's so she was basically staying at his house because it was cooler. He describes the normal evening routine at his house as follows: She'd run, then shower or eat (depending on what orderr) then she'd do some homework, then we'd go to bed.
  • DAD: Last 3 weeks has been a blur, but have gotten more organized. All of the media is meant to drive more tips to law enforcement.
  • MOM: Worked in conjunction with Dalton's employer to get the reward going. Took well over a week to get it running.
  • DAD: Still believes Mollie is alive and said they couldn't function if they didn't.

Dear PommyMommy,

Thank you so much for the generosity of your time, doing this for us.

You are remarkably kind and greatly appreciated!

I bolded and purpled the statement from Mollie's Mom. To me, this is very important pertaining to the timeline.

Namaste,

She also posted a screen shot of Ed Sheerans song “Save Myself” with the comment “that kind of day”. I looked up the lyrics and they are somewhat melencholy. The date of this was back in April. Not sure what to think at this point. I’m baffled as everyone else. As far as the underwear photos, they are all too common today.
I don't that means anything at all. My teenage daughter listens to that kind of music and many of the lyrics of songs kids listen to these days have do with drug addiction, broken hearts, and even suicide. My daughter loves music, and bounces around the house as happy as can be, sometimes singing along to a song about someone who died from a drug overdose. You wouldn't even think it was about that until you listen close to the lyrics, it sounds like every other popular new song. Anyway, my point is, music doesn't necessarily reflect ones mood or state of mind.

Dated for 18 months years ago (based on the photo in the video) and still allegedly stalking her and her daughters. Concerning to say the least.

I'm curious if others will come forward who may be random strangers that recognize him and noticed him following or stalking them in the past. That would give more credibility to him possibly being considered a part of Mollie's disappearance.

If the cops know about this and were/are keeping it close to them - yeah, that changes my mind a lot about possible suspects. Certainly who the FBI profilers would recommend taking a few looks at.

I have seen the resemblance from the beginning. She does look like <modsnip: name variations are not allowed, even of convicted murderers> Arias.
I've wanted to note this but didn't because I didn't want to cause a melt down but I noticed right away that she does indeed look like Jodi Arias younger photos. JMO don't throw tomatoes at me.

As much as I understand him, the companies will never go against their protocols. They have existing procedures in place and the companies follow the law in that regard.

They will never bend or break their own protocols. Its way too important for their business and its clearly defined for them on how they go about releasing information to LE.

I specialize in investigating companies that break procedure as well as federal and state laws as well as international in white collar crime areas. It is what I have done for twenty-seven years. In this case, I imagine close family and friends could help. Most of us save half the log in anyway. I do not see her security on her laptop being that difficult. I understand his point on companies assisting but I do not see this ax highly difficult except if different accounts were used.

Last edited:
If she had been suicidal, she likely would have left her phone and fitbit at home. If she purposely had kept her fitbit and phone for location purposes, they would have found her body by now. IMHO, suicide is out.

Again, everybody has complex emotions and complex events happening in their life. Say I went missing....people could all of a sudden start picking apart my social media—I just posted something the other day about people ruining other people’s lives (it’s because of a loved one going through a hard time) but people could probably try to use that and make up a scenerio on why I might be missing because someone ruined my life. I have some children with special needs. Somebody might guess, oh, maybe she had too much stress and she ran away. I write poetry and post it on social media. Some of the poetry is highly introspective and melancholy. People could probably make some really creative stories based on my poetry, and think up of a whole plot on what could have happened to me. I think we need to stop overthinking things. College girls can have complex lives, but usually they deal with them, and they are usually fine, and they grow up like everyone else.

I think we are trying too hard. She was, IMHO, taken during a jog like so many before her. Her fitbit was likely removed and thrown out OR it is buried with her body which has somehow not yet been found. If the perp is not WC, it is probably a serial dude—there are tons of cold cases out there, and who knows how many are connected. It is extremely sad and extremely scary. Women should take self defense lessons and they should always have some sort of self defense on their person if out jogging alone, plus practice situational awareness, because this awful stuff happens. I took the Sherry Arnold case kind of hard, for some reason...because it was out west, where I used to live, and assumed it was safe. But some random dude just saw her and was like, you know what, I’m suddenly in the mood for crime. Totally random. She was running in what seemed to be a very, very safe area. I would have thought nothing of running alone out in the rural west. So, anything can happen anywhere you go, even in the semi-rural Midwest. Scary stuff.
I read somewhere that most suicides want to be found, that they generally do not find a remote location. Assuming this is correct, if M was suicidal, would she not have been found by now? I really don't think suicide is the correct way to think.

I don't that means anything at all. My teenage daughter listens to that kind of music and many of the lyrics of songs kids listen to these days have do with drug addiction, broken hearts, and even suicide. My daughter loves music, and bounces around the house as happy as can be, sometimes singing along to a song about someone who died from a drug overdose. You wouldn't even think it was about that until you listen close to the lyrics, it sounds like every other popular new song. Anyway, my point is, music doesn't necessarily reflect ones mood or state of mind.
Very true....

Not sure that I have seen someone mention this but thought it was interesting. On her VSCO the second picture she posted was one stats about suicide and mental health issues. Of course not 100% proof that she was suicidal but when I see friends or friends of friends post about heroin or suicide stats on social media 99% of the time those people experienced those issues themselves or a family member. Also worth noting that this wasn’t a post from years ago it was her second most recent post.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/images/1
I believe she posted that after the Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain suicides. There were a lot of people posting this.

Looks like in Montezuma, not far from WC's property.

Dairy King, 1025, 101-199 W Madison St, Montezuma, IA 50171

Dairy King - Montezuma, IA

Wow. OT, but it sounds like it's an amazing place, according to that one five-star Yelp review by Sandy A.:

"Freaking delicious. I'm astounded. Y'all have got to get the freaking funnel cake fries. B**** Im shook. It reminds me of the original McDonald's. And don't get it twisted. I'm almost completely certain this has been here longstanding even before Dairy Queen. This place is way better than Dairy Queen. It's basically Dairy Beyoncé. I haven't tried their milkshakes but I'm certain i will get my entire soul snatched by the sheer magnitude of the foodgasm I'm experiencing rn. Bless"

What does all that mean? Weird stuff
*** just figures out how to find the time and date on the photos. ‍♀️ What is this new stuff
Okay as an avid Snapchat user I have some input after viewing her VS whatever account. I noticed there’s no time stamp on anything she’s posted on VS. We see her in said hot pink running bra, also a pic of her not smiling, the quote & then her in a dressing room. Any of the 2 pictures of her inside a house could have been an actual snap that she downloaded from Snapchat to her phone and then posted them on that VS account. What if she made it home safe and then went shopping, thus the dressing room photo? I wonder if they have looked into stores and malls. What’s in the area she could make a quick trip to to pick up a quick outfit?

Last edited:
I read somewhere that most suicides want to be found, that they generally do not find a remote location. Assuming this is correct, if M was suicidal, would she not have been found by now? I really don't think suicide is the correct way to think.

It depends. Sometimes they don't want to be identified. You have someone like Lyle Stevik, who went by an assumed name and committed suicide in a motel, it took DNA analysis to figure out who he was. Pat Collins took a train out to the middle of nowhere without any ID to kill himself, it took almost three decades to identify him.

I've also heard of suicide victims who intentionally go out into the forest to die, with the hopes that their bodies will never be found, or to prevent themselves from changing their minds, like the guy who handcuffed himself to a tree and threw the keys away.

Okay as an avid Snapchat user I have some input after viewing her VS whatever account. I noticed there’s no time stamp on anything she’s posted on VS. We see her in said hot pink running bra, also a pic of her not smiling, the quote & then her in a dressing room. Any of the 2 pictures of her inside a house could have been an actual snap that she downloaded from Snapchat to her phone and then posted them on that VS account. What if she made it home safe and then went shopping, thus the dressing room photo? I wonder if they have looked into stores and malls. What’s in the area she could make a quick trip to to pick up a quick outfit?
and or who could have drove her somewhere to shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member