Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing what one still photo will conjure up in the mind. My first thought was aha! And my second was maybe she was exhausted and leaning on a friend. Without context it’s super hard to draw even an assumption.

Why I asked. Helps to have other views on something.

The article was from a newspaper, it can be read here:
Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Then the article about the pig farm is here: Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

and the quote says "A pig farmer said FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant."

Just seems like an odd difference? Wouldn't the boyfriend just want them to get in the house asap? Sorry, it's just been bugging me and if there is a reason for the difference in approach maybe someone can explain that.

A search warrant is common in a situation like this because of all of the reasons listed above.
I don't know why one wasn't obtained for the hog farm. Time restraints? I don't know

The quote is "On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé."

Then the article about the pig farm is here: Mollie Tibbetts search team scours land near Iowa pig farm

and the quote says "A pig farmer said FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant."

Just seems like an odd difference? Wouldn't the boyfriend just want them to get in the house asap? Sorry, it's just been bugging me and if there is a reason for the difference in approach maybe someone can explain that.
And other warrants were obtained early on -
Additionally, Mortvedt said investigators have filed dozens of search warrants for Tibbetts’ social media accounts — including Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat — and her cell devices, such as her phone and Fitbit, in the hopes they will offer some clues.

“We are now just starting to get information back from those warrants,” he said. “and there is a ton of information to go through and figure out what’s relevant an what’s not to this investigation.”
Investigators turn to social media accounts and GPS data in Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance
Posted July 25 - I missed the part about the warrants and getting information back.

I said the exact same thing in my first post yesterday. Even if my mother wasn't certain if I was coming, at some point in the evening/night, she would call or text just to verify.
MT's cousin spoke on this in her interview with Nancy Grace. She said that it was actually pretty common for MT to say she was coming for dinner then not. Assumption would be she got caught up taking care of dogs, with homework, etc. Cousin said her not showing up for dinner was not out of the ordinary which is why mom didn't think much of it.

They would still need warrants to search electronic devices found inside.

My speculation only:

They went through the warrant process on the home for evidentiary purposes.

When they retrieved Mollie’s data, some portion of it indicated she was or had been in the area of the pig farm. They dispatched officers immediately in hopes of finding her because time was of the essence. (Also the pig farmer is the source of that claims they had no warrant. I have no reason to doubt that, but it should be noted.)

My recollection is that they did more than one search of pig farms. The later searches most likely had warrants. There were also likely efforts underway to obtain a warrant simultaneous to the search team being sent to the pig farm.

New member here.

I've been reading about the case for a few days, and I'm sorry if this theory was already proposed. However, it would fit into the alleged timeline of Mollie's disappearance.

So, as far as I know, it seems like Mollie made it back from her run, and she was doing homework in the evening. I wonder if something like this happened:

Mollie is doing homework in the evening, and the perp rings the doorbell. Mollie goes to answer the doorbell, and the perp says some falsehood like, "My car broke down," or something similar to that.
Mollie goes out to help, and the perp proceeds to abduct her then and there.

Again, it was just a thought I had, and I'm sorry if it has already been proposed. If there is something that I'm missing, which makes this proposal impossible, I would be glad to know.

Good morning. Have only posted a few times and can’t seem to let this one go for some reason. Just got caught up on the past few pages from last night. Hope there’s good news today on Mollie.

I just signed up for this site.

I am a retired police officer, with over 30 years of experience. Like many others, I am intrigued by this particular case. I have read as much as possible, to become as knowledgeable as I can.

I have kept an open mind, and not jumped to conclusions. I would suggest others do the same.

I feel the two keys to this case are:
information obtained from her cell phone, lap top, social media, etc.
And the Fitbit info.

The fact that she did not take her wallet, personal items with her...
Obviously indicates that she did not intend, to leave the house, for any extended time. If she had left, with someone she knew. Therefore, I don't
Believe she left to "start a new life", as some people have stated. Nor, would she had not refrained from communicating with her parents, after three weeks.

I am very interested in Friday's LE public briefing. IF they have had some solid leads, they certainly wouldn't divulge this info to the public, and possibly compromise their investigation. The fact that LE postponed their public briefing, does not necessarily mean that their investigation has stalled. Any suspect would be watching the media also. Evidence is likely still present, and would not want the suspect to decide to destroy it.

This case seems wide opened to me. I don't know what direction, it might go.

A search warrant is common in a situation like this because of all of the reasons listed above.
I don't know why one wasn't obtained for the hog farm. Time restraints? I don't know
I suggest it is likely WC is on probation/parole and cannot refuse a search. This is likely why law enforcement keeps coming back on various days for 5 to 15 minutes because he can't stop them from doing so like an ordinary person could.

An 18 y/o female reports being followed while driving near Marshalltown Ia. She is from Melbourne Iowa, about 50 miles from Brooklyn.

Maybe nothing...

Young woman says she was followed while driving
That is something that’s reported regularly around here, sometimes it’s substantiated but a huge leap to say the intent is something sinister. While it definitely could be we had that in my town two weeks ago and it turned out to be couple high schools kids following a girl one of them liked - cop told the boys to quit following her and leave her alone, that was the end of it.

Now since Mollie’s disappearance those reports have increased exponentially and the White Creeper Spooky Van is being reported almost daily. People are on edge around here.

It wasn’t needed. Any time LE asks to search you can refuse, but that may result in waiting hours while LE gets the warrant issued and signed then they’ll search anyway. When WC and anybody else is cooperative and gives permission to search it saves everybody a lot of time.

Completely just my meandering mind here, but with a S Utah connection confirmed by police, has anyone mentioned if the family was Mormon? Not that it matters much, would just help understand the family dynamic.

The fact that she did not take her wallet, personal items with her...
Obviously indicates that she did not intend, to leave the house, for any extended time.

Welcome! I have lurked here on occasion throughout the years, but this case prompted me to create an account. I agree with the quote above. Interesting that the co-op is so close by. I keep going back to that, maybe the dogs barked at someone who was there and she stepped out and that could have happened after she got back from her jog or the following morning . A timeline would be really helpful.

MT's cousin spoke on this in her interview with Nancy Grace. She said that it was actually pretty common for MT to say she was coming for dinner then not. Assumption would be she got caught up taking care of dogs, with homework, etc. Cousin said her not showing up for dinner was not out of the ordinary which is why mom didn't think much of it.

Thanks AC! Much appreciated. That just sounded odd to me at first. I grew up in an Italian American household. We all know how Italian moms can be lol. Heck, she still calls or text me to let me know when there’s a chance of snow. Lol. God bless her.

It wasn’t needed. Any time LE asks to search you can refuse, but that may result in waiting hours while LE gets the warrant issued and signed then they’ll search anyway. When WC and anybody else is cooperative and gives permission to search it saves everybody a lot of time.

It is better for the person being searched because warrants, as far as I know, must be very specific about what police are looking for. If you've let them in, they can search anything. You may think you have nothing to hide, but you may be wrong. In Washington, for instance, prescribed controlled substances must be kept in the original bottle. You can't put pills in those 7-day dispensers; you know, the ones people who typically take a lot of prescriptions use. Congrats, they've got you for a crime.

Hi- this is my first post (at least in years if not ever!) so not sure i am doing this right but... did they find her jogging clothes at the house? I would assume she would shower or at least get changed if she came home. I know they have not found her armband or phone but i do not hear much mentioned about the clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove