Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for sharing! I myself am an 18 year old college student and honestly I have been looking through this and it seems pretty normal for a college girl :) Since I can't find her VSCO linked on her personal social media (as far as I can see), I do think she posted these herself. I use VSCO and it is pretty hard to find someone's account if it's not linked somewhere. A lot of people use it to post pictures they don't want to post on their Instagram or Twitter, but still want their close friends to see. Also, I think the topless pics are probably just sharing her fitness journey. All of that is just IMO, but I wouldn't think anything is out of the ordinary if my friends posted those things!

I am an old fart who never even heard of VSCO before this week, so thank you for posting your thoughts and input! We need people of all ages and life experiences here! And welcome to Websleuths!

I don’t think the red shirt is missing. They wore those shirts at her workplace. I am guessing she had more than one. My husband would have no idea how many scrub sets I have in our house and if one were missing. As for dad’s comments, I started thinking: She is at home in her hometown after her first year of college. Would it be possible, we could be talking about a guy from her high school that was crushing on her back in high school and saw her back in town recently? Just an idea.

The red t-shirt & denim shorts is what Mollie was expected to wear to her day camp job, and reported at a fast and furious moment in the initial missing report. However, this red t-shirt discussion was terminated (within LE) before the first missing poster ever went up because by then, LE was able to VERIFY on school camera and witnesses that Mollie's was last sighted wearing her jogging clothes. Days later, Mollie's Mum also confirmed she found both of Mollie's red t-shirts located in her room at Mum's house. Later, a report of red shirt found by a mower, but this shirt never linked to Mollie by LE. (There was also annual Iowa bike race on the road the shirt located). Granted, nothing confirmed by LE but I don't think red t-shirt an issue here....
BBM. What is the source for that?

WC reminds me of my late uncle- a millionaire - owned tons of land and a huge Christmas tree farm- only ever saw him in coveralls that were dirty and ripped- He was a man of few words and not very social- He did not have the same background or any charges against him like WC does but I can easily imagine if he were questioned about anything by LE or the media his words and mannerisms would likely be similar- not defending WC just saying we as humans operate and react to things very very differently- helps me keep an open mind and to realize we cannot always judge a book by it's cover

Bits, well said. Completely agree. Demographics. A man who owns a Christmas tree farm and lots of land or a man who owned and worked/lives on a hog farm his entire life more than likely is not going to be stepping out in a tailored Dolce & Gabbana suit. IMO it makes the person making the negative comment appear to be the less traveled and less educated person.

I had only looked at her images. Then I clicked on her collections... https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/collection/1

Thanks! I didn’t even notice that when I was looking at her pictures.

ETA: very interesting. She seems conflicted to me for some reason.. like the media keeps showing this happy, bubbly, smiling girl but it seems to me there was something going on below the surface.. between the suicide posts, references about men treating you good/getting love you deserve, being able to dress how you want, the more risky pics.. idk. There’s something about her that doesn’t scream happy.. Maybe I’m reaching. I know we all go through things and no one is happy 100% of the time but I feel like something was going on with her. Idk. MOO.

Last edited:
<modsnip: removed quoted post>

This has bothered me from the get go regarding WC. If he is indeed innocent... maybe just at the wrong place/wrong time or his property used as a dumping ground for evidence, etc. then bless his heart. Because it seems he’s been through quite a lot lately and as far as I know, never retained an attorney. (A man with his past record NOT retaining an attorney in this situation makes me cringe but that’s another topic). Other than not consenting to polygraph (neither would I) it appears he’s been cooperative. He turned his phone over when asked. Allowed for searches. I’ve said on one of the earlier threads that he could easily be a victim of vigilante justice in the future and that would be a shame if he’s innocent. The headlines HAVE NOT been friendly to him this past week.

If it turns out he’s getting all this attention from LE because he’s truly involved, I’ll take it back. But I wonder if he’s an innocent bystander with an unfortunate record and fits into an even more unfortunate profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for sharing! I myself am an 18 year old college student and honestly I have been looking through this and it seems pretty normal for a college girl :) Since I can't find her VSCO linked on her personal social media (as far as I can see), I do think she posted these herself. I use VSCO and it is pretty hard to find someone's account if it's not linked somewhere. A lot of people use it to post pictures they don't want to post on their Instagram or Twitter, but still want their close friends to see. Also, I think the topless pics are probably just sharing her fitness journey. All of that is just IMO, but I wouldn't think anything is out of the ordinary if my friends posted those things!

im 10 years older than you and tend to agree. while some of it may appear a bit in your face, as technology has developed its become more normal to share quotes/images regarding your feelings on life (without even thinking them through/if thats how youll feel tomorrow). additionally, i think the movement for women to express themselves continues to grow and people around 35-40 years old and younger, will prob post more explicit posts justifying self-expression, images of the human body in only bras, work out progress, breastfeeding etc (and the younger you are, the more likely imo).

im also remembering how facebook just became a thing around when i started college/ended high school and how i also had an AIM (aol instant messenger) in middle school and g chat in high school)...if the world were looking at every emo song i quoted or weird pic i posted on those platforms then, id prob appeared conflicted too. ive looked thorugh her sm pretty careful and honestly, i dont find anything that jumps out super alarming. at the same time, it is VERY expressive so if we were to learn she had conflicting emotions about something in her life, i wouldnt be surprised. but the sm postings alone arent enough for me to jump there, imo.

I am an old fart who never even heard of VSCO before this week, so thank you for posting your thoughts and input! We need people of all ages and life experiences here! And welcome to Websleuths!
Haha, of course! This case really hits home to me... Mollie and I are both from small towns, majoring in the same thing, almost the same age... I got so involved in this case because I can't help but think if this was me I would want someone to help. I am so worried about her ):

I don’t think the red shirt is missing. They wore those shirts at her workplace. I am guessing she had more than one. My husband would have no idea how many scrub sets I have in our house and if one were missing. As for dad’s comments, I started thinking: She is at home in her hometown after her first year of college. Would it be possible, we could be talking about a guy from her high school that was crushing on her back in high school and saw her back in town recently? Just an idea.

The thing about the red shirt or whatever was actually found or being searched for last week changed everyone’s demenor at the press conference that day. They all looked defeated. Then...things started changing and now they seem to have hope, if only in their minds.

The point of the post was that it was first time I'd considered the selfie could have been taken inside a car, instead of in someone's house (unknown specifics in both cases, bf being unsure where it was taken, but not totally familiar background, which is why he said "looked like it was taken indoors"). LE asked Mollie's mom if she could confirm whether Mollie was "in a house" at 9:45 pm (15 minutes before Dalton opened the last snapchat photo from Mollie).

Did she take that last selfie in her bf's bother’s house or someone else's house? Not sure Snapchat is willing to provide information on this case because of privacy rights, even with a subpoena.

Given from what I can learn from information in media sources (and watching the nice video of her speaking) this is a nice girl, who may have gotten caught up in looking appealing (per her age group) in pictures (some other pictures posted here from her other social media sites). Not uncommon at all for her age group, and just a way to fit in with the peer group.

Btw, if she sent that pic to her BF via Snapchat, it is likely it was was taken in a familiar place, away from danger. IMO. He must’ve opened it much later than it was sent, right? And after he opened it, it disappeared from his account, but could Snapchat help?

She is ultimately an innocent with a bright future. I just keeps thinking about dad’s words there might be a person who misinterpreted her kindness. The best thing to do, for the kidnapper, is recognize that and let her go. She is a kind, innocent person who just wanted to help a friend. There is something very kind about that. She already had a boyfriend for a few years.

So who could be a person that might misinterpret a relationship with her? Big reward, so if anyone knows about that, it might be good to tip it in, or the media to try and help ask that as well, since there isn’t much chance those close to him, or he, himself, knows about websleuths.

Sorry so long.

Apologies in advance to those that disagree, but in my view if her VSCO posts were relatively recent they certainly give us a great deal of insight into her state of mind. And they don't look good. Reason I say this is because they are more raw and unfiltered - something that she wanted to say but not on the "happiness required or you suck" social media sites.

JMO.

Not sure that I have seen someone mention this but thought it was interesting. On her VSCO the second picture she posted was one stats about suicide and mental health issues. Of course not 100% proof that she was suicidal but when I see friends or friends of friends post about heroin or suicide stats on social media 99% of the time those people experienced those issues themselves or a family member. Also worth noting that this wasn’t a post from years ago it was her second most recent post.

https://vsco.co/mollietibbetts/images/1

You are most welcome and I appreciate your knowledge as to VSCO. Do you know of any other platforms a person her age might use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper