Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That selfie was said to have a dark backdrop so might not have been from her boyfriends house

I'm not sure what you mean by "dark backdrop," but this is how Dalton's mother described it: “There was light as he could tell she was indoors. It just did not have anything noticable in the background. He looked at it briefly before he went to bed. And since it was a picture message it disappeared. It is not fishy that it was just her face. They sent snaps and texts like that all the time.”

Mollie Tibbetts Boyfriend Dalton Jack: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

LE wont comment on it since its an open investigation
Hi guys,

I am late to this discussion--just wanted to know: Has LE commented on

1) where the brother and girlfriend are now?
2) warrant needed because house belonged to girlfriend?
3) Did Mollie come back home after the run, as her boyfriend said it seemed like she did from her snapchat.
4) Makes a big difference if she disappeared jogging or got home first and then disappeared.

5) Some here have mentioned Mollie may have been in a secret relationship other than her boyfriend.
very inclined to live her life
MOO --This young women has been seeing her boyfriend for 3 years , seemed happy, and was planning to go to the wedding of his brother. She also was a creature of habit --anyone watching her would know her schedule---Would Mollie , who was so structured have time to see someone else without someone knowing this??

6) Is it a fact that she was scheduled to have dinner with her mom and never showed up?
..…….and if she was to see her mom and her mother did not worry when she did not show---
how does that make sense??? Only if she was known for spur of the moment choices would it not ring a big bell, right?

If anyone knows please reply and Thanks
RUK

The overwhelming majority of those cases aren’t suspicious disappearances, but voluntary ones that are resolved relatively quickly. The number of disappearances that involve actual foul play, or suspected foul play, are a far lower number.
This. Also, many cases of "missing" people involve non-custodial parents taking a child. It's just like Amber alerts -- the majority involve children taken by non-custodial parents. Runaways also account for many of the "missing" people.
The odds of a child getting snatched up by a stranger are astronomical. The odds of an adult getting snatched up by a stranger are even more astronomical. It simply is not a common occurrence. Think about your own community: Can you recall even one local case where a child or adult was abducted by a stranger?
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But when it does, it is a BFD -- and gets lots of attention from media and LE.

Good day, everyone! I've been out of the loop for a few days due to personal matters, so would anyone be so kind as to let me know if any significant developments or updates have occurred since the weekend? I heard there will be another PC this Friday. TIA very much!!

Dear DoABarrelRoll,

You are right. This Friday, August 10th at 9:30 a.m. (Iowa time).

DPS, Poweshiek Co. Sheriff reschedule news conference on Mollie Tibbetts

"That news conference had been scheduled for Tuesday morning, but is now scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Friday, August 10 at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office in Montezuma."

bbm
AFAIK, LE has not released a timeline. Family has made conflicting statements about whether she returned to the house after her run.
this is my understanding as well. LE has said they are confident in their timeline, but they have not released that timeline to the public. Information about Mollie doing homework on her computer was released by one of her brothers, i believe, not any official on the case.

Maybe they are not holding back. Maybe they just don't really have a lot of information to give.

Sure they do. At a minimum they know if a red shirt was found and if it was consistent with the shirt she had. They also have her cell phone info so they know her direction of travel and her approximate location at certain times. They also have her Fit Bit info.

Why isn’t anyone talking about the hardware store attempted breakin? Small towns this stuff just doesn’t happen more than once every 5-10 years. I’m from one in iowa and if that happens it’s usually someone from a nearby town that’s into drugs or violence. Can someone elaborate on this as it seems to me this has to be tied to this case. Was the person attempting to burglarize houses too or were they potentially in the black suv. Any shed light on this. This might be the people who abducted her if that’s what has happened here.
It was not an “attempted breakin”.

Interesting scenario but there is one problem. Brooklyn is north of the interstate, and the farm is south of it. So the farm wouldn't be on the way to the interstate.

JMO
Right. If random abductor scenario, thinking he wasnt done with her yet and wanted to stay rural on route 63 south or Route 21 south till he found an isolated area. I tend to think the pig farm area was where electronics either were tossed or permanently shut off. I have a feeling she was still in vehicle past there going south.

Just brought up Brooklyn Iowa on Google maps and decided to take a drive in the Google car. It plunks you down right at the house where she was staying (weird) I recognized it from Inside Edition piece I had just watched. Interesting to drive around a bit to see the lay of the land. It was so remote the Google car didn’t go far down the dirt roads close by. To me that’s too remote to go jogging....scary to see that actually.
where are their mailboxes?

I am very excited to join this website. As a native Iowan and someone with some experience in both science and the law, here are my 2 cents worth. Iowa, sadly, has had it's list of outstanding cold cases involving involuntary disappearances and/or abduction/murder. Mollie's case reminds me in many ways of Michael Klunder's MO in that he kidnapped women, sexually abused them and ultimately killed and disposed of them in hog confinement facilities. If you go back even to the early 80's, Iowa has had kidnappings (disappeareances) in both urban areas (the Des Moines Paper Boys) and rural areas (most recently Jake Wilson), Mollie, Jodie Huisentruit, Elizabeth Collins/Lyric Cook (found), Evelyn Miller (found) etc etc. For being a rural state, we sadly have our sickos. I've been to rural towns in central Iowa including Grinnell, Newton etc. Even in a semi-urbanized setting like that, it drops off into rural areas and corn fields/hog lots quickly. There is ample area in Iowa to dispose off someone and it doesn't have to be a cornfield. Hog confinements are now all in a building and the discharge/effluent pond is outside the building. It is a teaming cesspool and thick and nothing in there would be found even if dragged. I'm assuming the Iowa State Patrol, which does have aerial assets, used forward looking infrared (FLIR) to search the corn fields to detect a heat signature earlier in Mollie's disappearance. Even if she was deceased, her ambient temperature would be higher (initially) than a cool Iowa evening. I think people are over analyzing this disappearance. I am praying that Mollie is alive but all of these towns have one or two or three disaffected sexual degenerates. You can check that by looking at the Iowa Sex Offender Registry. I don't think she's that far from her home and I believe that whomever took her was either local or in a town or two over. I do hope she is found (safely) for the family to have closure. Other families like the Gosch's, Martins and Huisentruit's have literally been waiting decades. If you have Iowa questions you want answered, post them. I'll take a crack!

Dear DoABarrelRoll,

You are right. This Friday, August 10th at 9:30 a.m. (Iowa time).

DPS, Poweshiek Co. Sheriff reschedule news conference on Mollie Tibbetts

"That news conference had been scheduled for Tuesday morning, but is now scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Friday, August 10 at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office in Montezuma."

Does anyone know why they would reschedule it? Is it simply that they just have too much to do (or some other logistical reason), or is it specifically meaningful/significant to the case?

This. Also, many cases of "missing" people involve non-custodial parents taking a child. It's just like Amber alerts -- the majority involve children taken by non-custodial parents. Runaways also account for many of the "missing" people.
The odds of a child getting snatched up by a stranger are astronomical. The odds of an adult getting snatched up by a stranger are even more astronomical. It simply is not a common occurrence. Think about your own community: Can you recall even one local case where a child or adult was abducted by a stranger?
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But when it does, it is a BFD -- and gets lots of attention from media and LE.
One day, as I was walking to elementary school, someone- a stranger- tried to snatch me. He pulled up to me in a car & opened the passenger door for me to hop in. He only didn't succeed because my mother had told me to "be polite and say no thank you" to anyone I didn't know who offered me something. In this case, it was candy.

In the 40 years hence, I have run into *countless* people who told me a similar story. I believe, from my own life experience, attempted stranger abductions are more common than even the FBI knows, at least back in the 60s, 70s, when there was far less media awareness. Mine was never reported. My point is I wonder how often even these days kids don't tell their parents about someone creepy, who tries to suss them out. I never told until I was an adult & realized how close a call that was on my life. Just saying.

Last edited:
Sheri,
Bits and myself both said we were not defending WC. We were stating the broad over all view of the public and perception. They see somebody who isn’t exactly dressed a certain way, probably has never taken an oral communications class, lives in a small town not even on a map, may not have even graduated high school or attended a semester of college but still can be a very successful person at whatever profession the choose. But sadly lots of people don’t even take the time to get to know that person. They just see them as a rube or some hillbilly, etc. Sad. Especially when they don’t even know the person. Again, not defending WC by an means. It’s a general statement how quick some people are to judge others.

Side note: This was written on my phone. Apologies for any typos or whatnot. Autocorrect and I loath each other :)

Good points. The only judgment I make is when people have criminal charges related to stalking or domestic violence. And not one, but several.

That says everything I need to know about their character.

Why isn’t anyone talking about the hardware store attempted breakin? Small towns this stuff just doesn’t happen more than once every 5-10 years. I’m from one in iowa and if that happens it’s usually someone from a nearby town that’s into drugs or violence. Can someone elaborate on this as it seems to me this has to be tied to this case. Was the person attempting to burglarize houses too or were they potentially in the black suv. Any shed light on this. This might be the people who abducted her if that’s what has happened here.
Again with the black suv. It has been said repeatedly that this has been debunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic