Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Fitbits can generally go several days on a single charge.

Also, the Fitbit cannot communicate directly with the Fitbit servers. It needs a cell phone for that. So, Fitbit device collects data, syncs that data with the cell phone via Bluetooth , then cell phone updates the server via WiFi or cellular. So, once the cell phone is disabled, no more Fitbit data would be sent to the server.
For years I have worn a Fitbit. It needs to be charged about ever 4 or 5 days. I do not have it connected to my cell. Everything goes directly to the server. I just am not a needy cell person.

Yes, and I've seen this 'in a house' report more than once about the mom's alleged remarks that she was asked this and it was couched as 'in a house'. But I can't find the reference or an article don't know if that's a quote. I'm interested in any tech opinion as well.

She took a call from an agent who was trying to determine if Mollie was in a home at 9:45 p.m., “and that was with my morning coffee.”

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

Longtime member and reading comments from day one. Sigh.....
Just want to say I am praying for Mollie's safe return. These cases just cut me to the core. Why anyone would want to harm another person is beyond my understanding. Praying also for Mollie's family and friends.

Thanks to every poster who comments and posts links to MSM articles. Thanks so much to Tricia and her staff for allowing everyone to post and "grieve". That is truly what we are doing until we know she is safe.

I fully agree with anyone saying our young people should be aware of the hazards of social media and their daily surroundings. It is sad but this is the world we now live in. And having eleven grandchildren, nine of whom are granddaughters, I feel the need to protect them any way we can. I too ran around outside unsupervised when growing up, no doors locked. People have changed. That is a cold, hard fact.

Thank you for finding that, that's what I was trying to have clarified and there it is, unless the reporter got her remark wrong.

So if it's what the mother said and meant, it seems the snap was sent at 9:45 and LE wants to know where Mollie was in that picture?
That was what I had always thought but many others thought it was sent much earlier (I never really understood why this was believed though).

Why would an investigator even tell him MT returned home after jogging? I don't get it.
That's why I have that under possible facts. The investigator may not have said that to DC, but he may have assumed it from something else the investigator said. Or DC may have said something and the reporter took it out of context.

Why do police think she was on her computer that night? (I leave mine on for days at a time)

Did she ever wear her armband to listen to music while doing homework? (They’re not usually very comfortable, and it seems unlikely she’d wear it for anything other than being outside)

Would she have taken the trash out to the curb that night? (Or have some other house chore/reason to be outside after her jog and before she let the dogs out)?

A news source posted a video of her from the day before in a pink T-shirt, denim shorts, gray scrunchie, fit bit, and white converse sneakers. I want to know which pair of shoes was left out the house. Her running sneakers or her work sneakers.

I will repeat a previous question since it is relevant to this.
Did she have to go outside to use her phone?
I ask this because we need to do that here because the nearest cell tower is too far away.

I doubt it because her Snapchat was pictured inside a house, and so she probably sent it immediately after taking it.

Plus, even if her cell signal was weak, we know she probably had wifi on her laptop, and smartphones these days can send and receive calls over wifi signals.

Ever wonder why only a precious few missing persons get all the resources and attention?

WHY are the others ignored?
If you hadn't posted this, I was seriously thinking about it. With so many people of all ages going missing in every state every day, how is it the media just latches onto one every blue moon as if it's a rare occasion indeed for someone to go missing.
What made it even more glaring was that I read almost 50 people in Iowa alone went missing in the short time after her case. And the number in Iowa since the first of the year on any given day has been about 350 with some being found, I suppose, and going home while others are newly missing and about 15o long term cases unresolved.

Did you hear about this or the other 88,000 every year that go missing in this country?
Not on the MSM. Only if you following sites like this do you get a better picture of the dire situation while the media plays up one case here and another there.
I can't remember the last single missing persons case that got wide media attention.
What determines who's case gets highlighted?

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.

I've seen the same exact pattern in all cases I've followed here. Agree, sometimes a break is a good idea!

Your query is reasonable as it might highlight something out of the norm. Whatever their normal pattern of nightly sign-offs would dictate whether the night in question had an irregular lack of communication. Worthy of exploration.

Pure speculation but if he was working in construction, the 10pm snap could have been the sign-off. I don't know what time he starts work but I'd imagine someone working in construction might have a very different schedule than a college student - up with the sun, down with the sun type of situation, at least in the busy summer months.

Not trying to be "judgy", but why weren't they texting the night before? They are the SO and it seems everybody is constantly texting. He's away working, it just seems odd he didn't text good night or notice he didn't hear from her.
(Am not insinuating anything, just making a mental note of it).

I am not part of the younger set, and have a semi handle on social media. Did someone have the password to use MT's facebook page? I would have liked it to be more or less halted from the first day and a separate "Missing" page set up. It was such a mishmash that it was useless as a forensic examination of who she was prior to the day and hour in question. Do you know what I mean?

They were texting the Wednesday evening. When DJ was asked about the conversation, he said something like, "just normal conversation." Unfortunately, this was a video and I'm not sure which one, so I'll just say IMO.

Last edited:
Dear JoJoJo,

Thanks for this. Perhaps it has to do with culture and the verbiage used in our upbringing. For example, my family says "evening" until around 9pm then we refer to that part as "night".

It is interesting though. The late evening could run into 9pm or start after 9pm. One poster showed that daylight ended around 9ish that week. I will search and see if I can find that post.

Evening is that time of day when the sunlight is fading into complete dark. It's no longer the afternoon, but it's not night either. Late evening would be almost dark. When it's dark out it becomes night. And of course evening lasts much longer in the deeper part of the summer.

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.

Yep. I believe the only theory we haven't covered involves aliens :rolleyes:

I doubt it because her Snapchat was pictured inside a house, and so she probably sent it immediately after taking it.

Plus, even if her cell signal was weak, we know she probably had wifi on her laptop, and smartphones these days can send and receive calls over wifi signals.

and this right here should also tell if her phone was connected to the router and what time and for how long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1