Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation but if he was working in construction, the 10pm snap could have been the sign-off. I don't know what time he starts work but I'd imagine someone working in construction might have a very different schedule than a college student - up with the sun, down with the sun type of situation, at least in the busy summer months.
Good thinking, and sounds likely.

I feel like interrupting a jog by an acquaintance or friend offering a ride seems awkward. So, you would have to assume they planned it that way, because a friend or acquaintance would not do something like that spontaneously. So you would have to assume they planned it...but if they planned it, there are SO many more reliable ways to plan other than hope she goes jogging in the evening and hope she needs a ride somewhere.

I feel like if she was taken during her jog, it had to have been a stranger....because if someone she knew really wanted to kill her (which to me is kind of weird for such a happy, innocent college girl who didn’t owe anyone drug money) they would have probably planned something out much better than try to intercept an evening jog. JMHO.

If it's a fact that LE asked the mom if MT was "in a house" at 9:45, what could that suggest? Maybe one of the tech-savvy people can address this: Could it suggest that her electronics show she was stationary at some place -- a place that is not the house where she was staying? Could the data be sufficient to show the location was not that house, yet insufficient to show the actual location?
If the "in a house" phrasing is correct, that's a strange question.

How would her mom know though?

Thank you for finding that, that's what I was trying to have clarified and there it is, unless the reporter got her remark wrong.

So if it's what the mother said and meant, it seems the snap was sent at 9:45 and LE wants to know where Mollie was in that picture?

In previous discussions, that was the most logical thing we could come up with, but like everything else - UNCONFIRMED. :mad:

This is a critically important aspect of investigation IMO. With LE knowing Mollies digital path, presumably from her cell phone pinging the towers (along with Fitbit), couldn’t LE then reverse engineer Mollie’s precise areas & times on that path to determine if there was another cell phone pinging from those same areas/times? Assuming perp too had a phone (which we don’t know & quite possibility a false assumption), seems LE could then home in on the perps device. I have to believe with today’s technology & FBIs resources, some software engineer could run an algorithm to weed out any false positives to determine what other device(s) crossed Mollies digital path at the time she went missing. Given how rural that area around Brooklyn (ie pig farm), there wouldnt/shouldnt be many devices pinging from that area at precisely the same time/location that Mollie’s phone was pinging. I believe this could help home in a potential suspect(s)... (assuming perp too was carrying a live phone at the time). Just MOO.
It might show a list of dozens of phones, but yes, by taking some time the list would get narrower and narrower. If the FBI can't do this, they certainly should get it set up. I'm sure that would be useful in so many cases... although tracking people's phones who are not POI's might be considered a violation of their rights.

My Fitbit doesn't need to be charged every day. I haven't tested it to see how long it can go; typically I charge it every 3 days.

I have the Charge and it's good for about a week. When the alert for low battery shows on the phone, I've let it go 2-3 days and it's still working.

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.

Friday's press conference may give us fresh grist for our sleuthing mill, but I'm not holding my breath. Which is a good thing, because I'd pass out if I did.

You probably discussed this 10 threads ago, but I went back to the maps. To get to Mollie's mom's house, you have to go up 398. It looks like a major road until you street view it. It's really only two lanes, speed limit 25 in places. Now I understand why a poster suggested that she might have been taken by the high school. If she was going up that road, there are not many houses or businesses in that area.

Also fitbits need to be charged once a day.

Mine, which is an Alta HR (isn't that what Mollie's is too?) only needs a charge once a week or so. And I wear it 24/7. Which is not to say that hers wasn't low on battery as you suggest.

You probably discussed this 10 threads ago, but I went back to the maps. To get to Mollie's mom's house, you have to go up 398. It looks like a major road until you street view it. It's really only two lanes, speed limit 25 in places. Now I understand why a poster suggested that she might have been taken by the high school. If she was going up that road, there are not many houses or businesses in that area.
This is the view from her mom's street looking up towards the high school.

Attachments

• 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 52
Do you recall hearing which cell carrier she had? Coverage and signal strength might vary by carrier. Looks like both ATT and Verizon have solid coverage at her location (looks like highest level of 4g service is available). Where the maps get tougher to figure out is how solid the coverage would be in Deep River as you are moving further from Brooklyn.

Good thinking, and sounds likely.
If her service was bad and she sent a Snapchat it could have been delivered at 9:45 but sent at any time. If they aren’t in to her Snapchat account yet (per her dad requesting companies to let them in I would assume not at that time) then how would they know when the snap was really sent?

Do you recall hearing which cell carrier she had? Coverage and signal strength might vary by carrier. Looks like both ATT and Verizon have solid coverage at her location (looks like highest level of 4g service is available). Where the maps get tougher to figure out is how solid the coverage would be in Deep River as you are moving further from Brooklyn.
Her vsco has screenshots of her texts. I think she has sprint.

My theories:

MOST likely- MT abducted by a stranger during her jog: I think it is more likely to be ABDUCTED by a STRANGER on a jog vs. a stranger stalking the house and breaking in. For this reason, I think it's most likely she was taken on her jog. Why did MT's mother believe she was also taken on the jog when LE says there's evidence MT did homework at the house? I would like to know why there is a difference in beliefs in what LE says happened and MT's mom believes happened.

MT was taken from the house at night- I think it would be an abduction from someone she knows.

MT was taken in the morning- I think it's likely she had someone pick her up and an abduction from someone she knows.

Ok, forgive me the dumb question but I’m not a Snapchat user...

Can you send a snap with previously taken photos? Or do you always have to take the photo live?

If the former, the photo she sent to DJ that night could have been from anytime. Especially since it said in one of the original articles I read that she was sending a lot of snaps that night to get him to the top of her favorites list again or something.

You can use previously taken photos, but it was reported that investigators believe it was taken that day.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

10 p.m. Jack opened a SnapChat from Tibbetts. The snap contained a selfie Tibbetts took, and Jack said she appeared to be inside. It's unclear what time the photo was taken, but investigators believe it was taken on Wednesday.

I’m not sure if anyone noticed but WC had what appeared to be a small blood stain in the upper left part of his shirt. My blow up pic doesn’t show it that well but can see in one of the higher quality videos out there. Also on the back of that shirt is two distinct claw rip tears which could be nails digging in. Watch his interview when he turns back to go in the House it’s pretty obvious they are different rips. Also the color of red shows in one video pretty easily seen. FBI check this out?

For years I have worn a Fitbit. It needs to be charged about ever 4 or 5 days. I do not have it connected to my cell. Everything goes directly to the server. I just am not a needy cell person.
I don’t understand that. How does that work? Do you pay a monthly fee for cellular service for your Fitbit? Or do you mean you sync via your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W