Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation but if he was working in construction, the 10pm snap could have been the sign-off. I don't know what time he starts work but I'd imagine someone working in construction might have a very different schedule than a college student - up with the sun, down with the sun type of situation, at least in the busy summer months.

Hi Alethea,

Now that you mention it, Dalton did say in the most recent interview that he woke up at 4:30 a.m. for work.

I realize he was driving out of town to work but even two hours away would make his "starting time" at 6:30 ish. Makes for a very long day .

Definitely different hours than a student.

I think that's odd too because why would her mother be the source of info she was unlikely to have if they left things off at "see you for dinner."

Maybe something on her modem history?

most people are leaveing a digital finger print with a time stamp everywhere they go. when you are at home, if you have wifi, do you use your phone data or let the phone connect to your wifi? ever let someone that was visiting connect to your wifi? wouldn't it be reasonable for MT to be able to connect to boyfriends wifi and her moms wifi? wifi may not stop at the walls of the house either. it is all logged, either on data you can look at yourself or at least with wifi provider.

It might show a list of dozens of phones, but yes, by taking some time the list would get narrower and narrower. If the FBI can't do this, they certainly should get it set up. I'm sure that would be useful in so many cases... although tracking people's phones who are not POI's might be considered a violation of their rights.

I imagine the FBI is working on this or has already done it, which would be encouraging. The data could be a game changer. However, to be clear, it may or not be immediately fruitful, or at all, depending on a number of factors. For instance, did the bad guy have a phone? If not, the reverse search will produce nothing of value about the abductor.

I don’t know if this is agains TOC but her phone number is available on her social media if you look carefully enough....right along with her billing info, address, and email. Her cell is one digit off from her home number. That would lead me to believe the house and cell are the same carrier. Does sprint also do cable? I know sometimes cable internet phone and now cell can be sold in a bundle, so maybe that is why?
I don't know anything about sprint but verizon does offer phone and internet/cable in different parts of country as does att. Its awful to say but it makes me sad that all this personal information is out there for anyone to see.

I’m not sure if anyone noticed but WC had what appeared to be a small blood stain in the upper left part of his shirt. My blow up pic doesn’t show it that well but can see in one of the higher quality videos out there. Also on the back of that shirt is two distinct claw rip tears which could be nails digging in. Watch his interview when he turns back to go in the House it’s pretty obvious they are different rips. Also the color of red shows in one video pretty easily seen. FBI check this out?
I noticed too but thought it was so apparent that the FBI must have looked it over while they were there, but maybe not? Perhaps he wore something different for the interviews.

Oh, how I wish his quote was more specific about her telephone. Did he just “notice” her telephone? Was she actually talking on it? If so, to whom? Also, he states she was walking. Do we know if she EVER ran? Did the others who saw her say if she was running?
I need to shut my mind down and try to sleep. Like many of us on WS, we lose sleep over these kids.
I shall again whisper her name in my prayers tonight....

I just mentioned this in another post but to my knowledge, in everything I’ve read, only one named person actually saw her jogging. On Pershing. And the Daily Mail article indicates that was the last sighting.

I used to pay attention to locking up before I realized that anybody who wanted to break into the house didn't have to bother with the door, they could just go around to the side and come in through the living room window, or one of several windows in back where nobody could see them. It would be trivial to break out a pane and reach in to unlock it (and one of the Carbuff offspring did just that once when he came home unexpectedly for the weekend when we weren't home, but that's another story.

Possibly if we buy another house, I'll pay more attention to security, but for now, it's not worth the bothe
Personally, I think Tricia could make serious money on marketing security systems for registered posters. After reading the posts here, it isn't too long before posters go out and purchase them. :O

I sat outside at night on my porch to enjoy the night air UNTIL reading this thread! My husband works nights and it drives him crazy that I'm outside at 11 pm. He doesn't have to worry anymore. And I have hornet spray on hand if I need it. Don't laugh :) I've read that it's the best weapon. You don't have to be a terrific aim and sprays like 10 feet away. I won't tell you what I'd do to an intruder after rendering him helpless from the hornet spray.

Interesting that its 6:15 given all the discussion of being dropped off at 5:30, taking run, eating dinner etc. Maybe she checked SM after being dropped off and before run? Makes some sense as she seemed particularly into SM. Someone else had looked at her twitter account where she was quite active but I don't remember when she last tweeted or re-tweeted but I think it was the 18th.

She was fairly active on FB. I'm not sure shutting down her accounts is possible at this point.

I have seen the interview with the farmer I think he has something to do with it my gut tells me

Jmo no one can convince me that a white, middle-class college girl is NOT going to get media attention and huge reward funds. Along with children and maybe some teens if they are not prone to running away previously.
Sadly, I think it actually happens all the time. It really depends on how media savvy the family is and how much they stay on the authorities to keep up the search. I've seen cases where someone's family did not have the connections or interest from the authorities who even resembled Mollie. Cases go unsolved all the time. We live in a world of media frenzy. Also I think we have an assumption that anyone missing will be found from it. And I do think it works to an extent. Silver alerts, Amber Alerts, and FB posts quickly locate people, pets, stolen items, etc. For some things it's great, for other(bad) things, not so much. I guess what I mean is that when people say "what about all these other missing people?" it points to the possibility that someone's loved ones either don't know how to get the story out there(call the media, call the police, keep the momentum going). Not that it's a guarantee, but if it's not plastered everywhere, it will fade. Just look at all the cold cases. I think in this case and cases like this, people just stay on it because there is still hope, or there is still something to solve. JMHO

THANK YOU. I made a similar comment upthread about minimizing the impact of stalking. I don't undertstand why stalking an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend is not to be taken seriously. Too often, women are murdered by an ex.

Here's just one MSM outlining this: Percent of Women Killed by Husbands or Boyfriends - The Atlantic

I think that the idea is that--I'm stating the obvious here--Mollie is not WC's wife or girlfriend. And the belief is that not being able to let go of a wife or girlfriend--no matter what sort of crimes it leads to--is a different mentality from the one that would lead a man to stalk and attack a total stranger.

I sat outside at night on my porch to enjoy the night air UNTIL reading this thread! My husband works nights and it drives him crazy that I'm outside at 11 pm. He doesn't have to worry anymore. And I have hornet spray on hand if I need it. Don't laugh :) I've read that it's the best weapon. You don't have to be a terrific aim and sprays like 10 feet away. I won't tell you what I'd do to an intruder after rendering him helpless from the hornet spray.
Thanks for the laugh! Will have to remember to stock up some hornet spray to give as christmas gifts. Wonder if its TSA approved? Probably not.

WOW... your posts get more absurd. I am a realist MassGuy. No nostalgia here, no fantasies. No opinion. Facts buddy. Cold hard facts. When I do have an "opinion" I will state it as such.
I also like the term scroll and roll, which I will do from this point.
I’m saying that there are objective facts in the form of data, that prove your supposition to be completely false. Subjective opinion does not change objective reality, regardless of your personal experience. I was in no way calling you a “dinosaur,” merely echoing the words of nostalgia expressed by many people, who believe in this fantasy of a safer past.
Massguy-it's not nostalgia, kids don't go running around neighborhoods any longer from sun up to sun down. They don't go into the old guy's house next door alone. However Love, it is true that many things weren't reported like they are today. But let's agree to disagree because you both have good insight and I know we're all frustrated and feeling deflated. So can we shake hands and agree to disagree?

Interesting that its 6:15 given all the discussion of being dropped off at 5:30, taking run, eating dinner etc. Maybe she checked SM after being dropped off and before run? Makes some sense as she seemed particularly into SM. Someone else had looked at her twitter account where she was quite active but I don't remember when she last tweeted or re-tweeted but I think it was the 18th.

Her last tweet was an @reply 7/17 time stamped at 9:21 p.m., and the one before that was an @reply 7/16 time stamped at 7:16 a.m., but those are according to my time zone settings, so that means an hour later her time.

I continue to think there is a bigger picture here, more all-encompassing than one missing woman. My first thought 3 weeks ago was this is somehow tied to crime that is specific to this area of the state. I had no clue until I moved to Iowa that methamphetamine is major. Cross paths by accident with someone in whatever state of mind, with whatever it is they think they have to hide, and boom....

For there to be so many FBI agents called in.... I'm thinking, sure, small town police force (not even one in her actual town, right); because her case is a state matter, wouldn't detectives from, say, Des Moines be at the scene, instead of- what's the latest? 15? FBI agents? *This* leads me to believe Mollie's abduction (I do think it such) has an ongoing other-federal investigative angle to it. As in, the suspect(s) showed an M.O. we aren't aware of -because the public isn't right now privy to- that dovetails with a wider issue going down in that stretch of Iowa right off I-80.

"In 2012, Iowa recorded fewer than 50,000 methamphetamine seizures. So far in 2017, that number has more than doubled, to 106,660, and does not include larger federal cases in the state, according to the state's annual drug control strategy report." Des Moines Register, 11/17 by Linh Ta.

Or maybe I'm the tweaker here. >>Just kidding. Really though, this keeps having an almost spider-web feeling to it, for me at least. Big, but can't quite meet the eye yet. No, I don't think Mollie was involved with meth. Just looking at the area, along with other factors.

I think that the idea is that--I'm stating the obvious here--Mollie is not WC's wife or girlfriend. And the belief is that not being able to let go of a wife or girlfriend--no matter what sort of crimes it leads to--is a different mentality from the one that would lead a man to stalk and attack a total stranger.
I completely agree. Unless we are made aware of behavior that goes boyond the realm of an ongoing or past relationship, his behavior while disgusting, isn’t necessarily relevant to this case.

If this helps, I've seen a lot of wondering about what time she needed to be at work that next morning. In the video of her co-worker he says she would have to be there at 8 am.
Therefore her brother texting at 7:30 am asking if she needs a ride makes perfect sense timewise.

Last edited:
Yep. I believe the only theory we haven't covered involves aliens :rolleyes:

Ahem.

f41bd41f-c651-4c93-840e-a9cb99781536.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors