Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might show a list of dozens of phones, but yes, by taking some time the list would get narrower and narrower. If the FBI can't do this, they certainly should get it set up. I'm sure that would be useful in so many cases... although tracking people's phones who are not POI's might be considered a violation of their rights.

Blanket surveillance has been found to be unconstitutional. You need probable cause to pull someone's phone records. In national security cases they try to get around this all the time but they're routinely struck down. Here's a 2015 article about the different surveillance techniques if anyone is interested: How the Government Surveils Cellphones: A Primer - The Atlantic

This is a super interesting line of questioning I think. I wonder if anyone had MT login info and could have either taken her acct private (it was public) or shut off comments. Its possible nobody had her login info and so the FB account is now subject to worldwide scrutiny which I find unfortunate for the victim and the family. Or, maybe the family had the login (doubt this due to her age) and LE said to leave the account up to gather comments. I truly wonder why all the SM accounts were left up?

Graph search of her FB is interesting (i.e. "posts that are liked by Mollie Tibbetts that are from this month"). You can see all the likes and comments she posted. The first time I looked, I noticed she "liked" a post at 6:15 p.m. on the 18th. After that, nothing. The last time I looked, that "like" was no longer there, for whatever reason. Maybe graph search doesn't always show the same results every time.

Last edited:
They were texting the night before. When DJ was asked about the conversation, he said something like, "just normal conversation." Unfortunately, this was a video and I'm not sure which one, so I'll just say IMO.
The night before? Color me confused. I thought half the board wondered if she never came home from an early evening before dark type jog. Yet, she was up and chatting and texting later that night??

I am sorry to be so late to the thread party.

Things seem scarier now because we know the true nature of the threats that children, and people in general face. Statistics show that there has never been a safer time to be a child, things weren’t “better in the olden days,” people just weren’t aware of the threats that were all around them.

I disagree a bit, ever hear the phrase "Build a better mousetrap and the mice will become smarter?" There are just different methods of harming people, and different ways of getting to them. I'm not sure how old your statistic data is, but I think the data fluctuates back and forth with trends, not as a timeline. People are more aware, yes, but our world will always have predators and people with violent tendencies unless we find a way to round them up and lock them away. One thing this case has made me aware of is the newest platforms of communication of younger people. Before this I did not know there were so many ways young people were "talking" to each other and possibly to predators. I will be insisting my niece's internet use and phone use is monitored much more closely. Just read an article about a kid who went missing recently who was communicating through a video game app called Discord. If we don't know about all of the possible ways someone could be led away from us, the predators count on that. We just can't say "Don't leave the yard" anymore. Link to article below,
Missing boy lured by video game chat resurfaces in Illinois

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

"My window's right there, facing the sidewalk and my tv's right there, so I'm sitting there and looking out the window and that's why I noticed her," said Thompson.

"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.

"I don't know which way she went after she either had to go north or south, because she didn't come back the same direction," said Thompson.
Oh, how I wish his quote was more specific about her telephone. Did he just “notice” her telephone? Was she actually talking on it? If so, to whom? Also, he states she was walking. Do we know if she EVER ran? Did the others who saw her say if she was running?
I need to shut my mind down and try to sleep. Like many of us on WS, we lose sleep over these kids.
I shall again whisper her name in my prayers tonight....

If her service was bad and she sent a Snapchat it could have been delivered at 9:45 but sent at any time. If they aren’t in to her Snapchat account yet (per her dad requesting companies to let them in I would assume not at that time) then how would they know when the snap was really sent?
Great point!!!

My theories:

MOST likely- MT abducted by a stranger during her jog: I think it is more likely to be ABDUCTED by a STRANGER on a jog vs. a stranger stalking the house and breaking in. For this reason, I think it's most likely she was taken on her jog. Why did MT's mother believe she was also taken on the jog when LE says there's evidence MT did homework at the house? I would like to know why there is a difference in beliefs in what LE says happened and MT's mom believes happened.

MT was taken from the house at night- I think it would be an abduction from someone she knows.

MT was taken in the morning- I think it's likely she had someone pick her up and an abduction from someone she knows.
I completely agree with your logic here. A stranger is unlikely to have kidnapped her from her house because of the risk involved (who is home?). Someone who knows her is less likely to abduct her on her run. If someone took her from her house, it’s likely that they knew she was home alone, and this person would likely know her.

Yep. I believe the only theory we haven't covered involves aliens :rolleyes:

61.png
61.png" style="border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:

Last edited:
Jmo no one can convince me that a white, middle-class college girl is NOT going to get media attention and huge reward funds. Along with children and maybe some teens if they are not prone to running away previously.
Exactly. Something totally out of character from someone that we all can identify with is definitely going to garner attention. Couple that with the mysterious circumstances of her disappearance from a safe area, and a family that got the word out immediately and in force, you have a case that is likely to explode with public interest.

Her vsco has screenshots of her texts. I think she has sprint.
This is interesting. I had just checked att and verizon and both had solid 4g lte service in brooklyn and extending out to deep river. But with sprint she would have had solid 4g lte service in brooklyn but only FAIR coverage out in the area of deep river. I didn't look beyond deep river for any of the carriers but its doable by going to their coverage maps. Coverage also depends on the phone and I didn't remember which phone she had but I recalled it was an apple phone so I used the apple phone 6 (not the latest phone) for the coverage maps from each of the carriers.

Does anyone else feel like these threads are like the movie “Groundhog Day”? We just keep reliving the same questions and theories over and over and over again.

I was offline for a couple of days and was sooo productive those days, lol. Keep telling myself to take another break, but I keep coming back.

No doubt. I've been out of town and not able to get on WS so in my case I've missed a large portion of what was posted after thread #4. I'm probably bringing up theories that have been discussed but I missed them the first time around. But sometimes revisiting a theory later is not a bad thing.

Also, looking at the map, IF Mollie was planning to go to her Mom's for dinner, it would make no sense for her to go to her bf's house to shower and change first, particularly because she had a room and clothes there. It would be west, and she would need to jog/walk north. So I think she decided whether or not to go to her mom's for dinner, and then planned out her route accordingly. So... was there food in the refrigerator at the West Des Moines Ave. house? Maybe she planned to eat leftovers.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if anyone noticed but WC had what appeared to be a small blood stain in the upper left part of his shirt. My blow up pic doesn’t show it that well but can see in one of the higher quality videos out there. Also on the back of that shirt is two distinct claw rip tears which could be nails digging in. Watch his interview when he turns back to go in the House it’s pretty obvious they are different rips. Also the color of red shows in one video pretty easily seen. FBI check this out?

That’s very interesting. Which picture or video are you talking about? Can you post a link to the media source?

This is interesting. I had just checked att and verizon and both had solid 4g lte service in brooklyn and extending out to deep river. But with sprint she would have had solid 4g lte service in brooklyn but only FAIR coverage out in the area of deep river. I didn't look beyond deep river for any of the carriers but its doable by going to their coverage maps.
I don’t know if this is agains TOC but her phone number is available on her social media if you look carefully enough....right along with her billing info, address, and email. Her cell is one digit off from her home number. That would lead me to believe the house and cell are the same carrier. Does sprint also do cable? I know sometimes cable internet phone and now cell can be sold in a bundle, so maybe that is why?

Graph search of her FB is interesting (i.e. "posts that are liked by Mollie Tibbetts that are from this month"). You can see all the likes and comments she posted. The first time I looked, I noticed she "liked" a post at 6:15 p.m. on the 18th. After that, nothing. The last time I looked, that "like" was no longer there, for whatever reason. Maybe graph search doesn't always show the same results every time.
Interesting that its 6:15 given all the discussion of being dropped off at 5:30, taking run, eating dinner etc. Maybe she checked SM after being dropped off and before run? Makes some sense as she seemed particularly into SM. Someone else had looked at her twitter account where she was quite active but I don't remember when she last tweeted or re-tweeted but I think it was the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member