Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No you can post stuff on other people’s walls as long as they have their account set to where you can. That’s how you leave Happy Birthday messages on other people’s walls, stuff like that.
So, she left her account open so any passing person could post stuff on her wall??
That is very interesting news. It really is. The ramifications are intense.

Okay, others are replicating it on non-Mollie related FB. It does appear to be a system wide glitch. Thank goodness. Again, sorry for panicking over this. I think I may need to take a self-imposed break for a while from this thread.

I probably would have thought the same thing as you if I saw it.

You care.... you noticed it... you posted about it. Who wouldn't, right?

Re: her FB page. It is mainly people tagging her in their posts ("with Mollie Tibbets"), so it shows up on her wall. So it means she allows people to tag her in posts without approving it first and also her page/tagged posts are open to be viewed by the public. Seeing as how her other SM like Instagram are open to the public, this doesn't surprise me about her FB page.

You can lock this stuff down though if you don't want it open.

I'm sure. It's being talked about elsewhere too. Happened tonight sometime. ETA: I hope it's just a solidarity thing.

Today I read they were searching Deep River near WC house but they didnt say if they found something. Saddly, parents are notified at least 6 hours before the press. (At least thats what happend when my friend went missing and they found her body)

Not sure. I know that the Missing Molly page had to turn off comments, so I guess people might've started posting and sharing more on her personal page as a result. Probably her settings also allow that. Her Instagram account is similar.

Many fake sites and abuse. For those interested in "official" information, the "Finding Mollie Tibbetts" FB group is Admin by Laura Calderwood (Mum); Sandy Tibbetts Murphy (Aunt), and a cousin of Mollie's. The page is not open to public comments, no riff-raff, and the Admins have shared their personal contact info. They've posted factual, relevant, info including the donation agreement and crime stopper reward before the public pc, and constantly thanking behind the scenes outreach efforts that do not get any media time. Also, on Monday 8/13, the local Denny's is donating 100% of their proceeds directly to Mollie's family - all meals complimentary.

Today I read they were searching Deep River near WC house but they didnt say if they found something. Saddly, parents are notified at least 6 hours before the press. (At least thats what happend when my friend went missing and they found her body)
LE certainly tries to let the family know as early as they can, but sometimes the press beats them to the punch, especially in the age of a Twitter.

Why do police think she was on her computer that night? (I leave mine on for days at a time)

Did she ever wear her armband to listen to music while doing homework? (They’re not usually very comfortable, and it seems unlikely she’d wear it for anything other than being outside)

Would she have taken the trash out to the curb that night? (Or have some other house chore/reason to be outside after her jog and before she let the dogs out)?

I agree the iPhone armband to me is a little of a mystery. Only thing that made sense to me is she put it back on to go to her moms after finishing her homework.

Great point!!!!

My only thing is that it is probably equally possible that, since someone else mentioned, it was her second night alone.... there could have been someone scoping out the house. I mean, it’s common knowledge never to let anyone know if you are out of town and never to put anything on social media if you are alone, because people do like to scope out abandoned looking homes. It could be someone followed her home the night before and scoped things out, planning to grab her the next evening. It could be they got lucky. Or it could be an acquaintance..... however this whole time I have still been leaning the serial killer (or first timer, whatever) direction, while keeping a cautious eye on Weird Farmer Dude. Mainly because I don’t understand how a friend or acquaintance could make this dramatic of an abduction and leave absolutely zero trace of it anywhere, including text message history, phone history, or computer history, plus the problem of a personal motive.

Some Excellent points! Building on your theory, an article I found online outlines the differences between single-person rape & serial rapists.

Research reveals new insights into rapist behavior, assists rape investigations and prosecutions | Mandel School

Hey Everyone,

This thread will be closing for the night in a few minutes. In the morning you will have a new thread opened for the discussion of Mollie Tibbetts.

Thanks,
Tricia

Not trying to be "judgy", but why weren't they texting the night before? They are the SO and it seems everybody is constantly texting. He's away working, it just seems odd he didn't text good night or notice he didn't hear from her.
(Am not insinuating anything, just making a mental note of it).

I am not part of the younger set, and have a semi handle on social media. Did someone have the password to use MT's facebook page? I would have liked it to be more or less halted from the first day and a separate "Missing" page set up. It was such a mishmash that it was useless as a forensic examination of who she was prior to the day and hour in question. Do you know what I mean?
My thought about this is usually when construction guys are traveling they put in early mornings and longer days so they can get done quicker and get home. Less hotel/motel stays and if you’re farther away, what else really is there to do if you’re there for work. I was just thinking doing construction if they were outside in the heat all day, he’s got to be exhausted. Even if he’s young. That’s still hard work although not sure what the temps are there...but add heat and even more exhausting. Maybe he could barely keep his eyes open to text?

What are the odds that some random stranger would pick the perfect night, one where he could abduct Mollie and have the discovery of her disappearance delayed by something like 12 hours? If my assumptions are correct (possibly), this stranger either got incredibly lucky, or the perpetrator wasn’t a stranger at all.
Topic: Stranger vs. No Stranger?

All good points.

But isn't there not a 'middle' person possibility? By this I mean NOT a total stranger -- but someone familiar with her situation based on social media?

Maybe they even communicated once via text or in person. Or perhaps they never corresponded and familiarity was one-side based on social media - or talking to mutual friends or acquaintances.

Here is your pics of what I’m talking about. Looks like Blood and sharp tears in same area. Let me know if these work. I wish I could send better quality pics but here is what I’m saying. This seems obvious to me. In fact the blood on the front on my pc looks like it was possiblly bleached as there is a faint circle around the spot. The tears in the back I have better pics of also.

Cheneyshirt Pictures, Cheneyshirt Images, Cheneyshirt Photos, Cheneyshirt Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Cheneytear Pictures, Cheneytear Images, Cheneytear Photos, Cheneytear Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1