Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would appear that several of Mollie's close family have now changed their FB cover photo to a blank black one. I counted at least 4. This seems really saddening and ominous to me. Could it be that they have found out something?
Are you sure that your browser just isn’t not loading photos?

I started this earlier today:
So, going back to the facts because maybe something will come up.
Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- Rob Tibbetts, married, lives in CA
Mother-Laura Calderwood, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- Jake Tibbetts
Brother-Scott Tibbetts
Boyfriend-Dalton Jack
Boyfriend's brother-Blake Jack
Fiance of Blake-Allie Houghton

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother Jake
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in Blake and Allie's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by Allie

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
there was an agricultural fair in town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
Blake and Allie leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
Dalton left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Molllie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in Allie's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to Blake and Allie.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
Jake picked up Mollie and dropped her off at Allie's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with Dalton on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about items needed for children the next day and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm Dalton opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
Dalton sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called Jack in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
Jack called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

Dave Collum: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

Roger Thompson: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

Nate Howood: stated he saw Molly running west on Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

Not quite sure how you meant this, but I might suggest rewording it:

there was an agricultural fair in town

That implies, to me, that the fair came to town like a carnival comes to town. I'm not sure if there was a fair *in* Brooklyn. I was under the impression it was in a nearby town, probably the county seat. Grinnell? And likely, the best way to state it is, "The county fair was underway in a nearby town."

County fairs are put on by the county's agriculture extension office and are primarily 4-H competitions. It's not uncommon for a traveling carnival to set up shop at a fair.

Exactly my thoughts. Most people. Not all. So, did you also detect that there might be some attempt to obscure her page behind a wall of well-wishing? It struck me as so off in places is the reason this makes the third comment I've made about it.

Not sure. I know that the Missing Molly page had to turn off comments, so I guess people might've started posting and sharing more on her personal page as a result. Probably her settings also allow that. Her Instagram account is similar.

So let's say the dad's scenario is correct, and someone has Mollie, keeping her alive. Have there been many (any?) known cases recently where public pleading with the perp has resulted in a safe return? Or info of any kind, for that matter? I suppose the reward money, which may be at an unprecedented amount now, might make a difference.
I can think of several cases involving teachers and student (underage) leaving together and those situation securing the underage participant. I do not think this is MT's situation but the FBI would do everything they could to get the person or persons involved to provide a safe return. I think MT did not plan on leaving.

It might just be a FB glitch. Sorry if I caused undue alarm. It's just really weird. I clicked on some of my friends list to check and some randoms, no blank black cover with them.

It would appear that several of Mollie's close family have now changed their FB cover photo to a blank black one. I counted at least 4. This seems really saddening and ominous to me. Could it be that they have found out something?

On the list of Mollie's 665 FB friends, there are currently no thumbnails with a blank or black screen.

Last edited:

Oh I don't like what that might imply. Please.... no

I'm sure. It's being talked about elsewhere too. Happened tonight sometime. ETA: I hope it's just a solidarity thing.

I just checked and saw two. However, it’s not actually a purposely black photo, it seems...it’s just the greyed-out lack of a photo being there. I suppose they could have decided to completely remove their photos though. I don’t know why they would have done that and left the profile photos the same. Seems like if they were doing something in solidarity, it would be photos of candles, or the same photo of Mollie, or something more obvious than just totally removing their photos and leaving it greyed out. Who knows.

And the trolls are the worst I've ever seen. WHY. ARE. THOSE. POSTS. STILL. THERE. There are clearly fake accounts being made right and left. I have stopped even looking there, and just check the Finding Mollie Tibbetts page. It's much more organized at this point, with moderators and people in charge. For the love of pete, I hope the authorities are looking at the crazier posters. Said it before, still think they should at least take those down so the family doesn't have to be subjected to that.
Not sure. I know that the Missing Molly page had to turn off comments, so I guess people might've started posting and sharing more on her personal page as a result. Probably her settings also allow that. Her Instagram account is similar.
I'm not talking about comments. I am wondering who is posting the Missing news and updates? You'd have to know her password to post to her wall, wouldn't you?
And the same ones are posted over and over and over by...someone. Who has access?
That person could have turned off the comments and just updated the news of her disappearance even though it probably should not have been done to her page she had since she was 12 so that people can comment about all that stuff.

It has to be either friends or family posting to her wall using her password to log in, right?

Okay, others are replicating it on non-Mollie related FB. It does appear to be a system wide glitch. Thank goodness. Again, sorry for panicking over this. I think I may need to take a self-imposed break for a while from this thread.

I guess we will find out soon. Agree it appears to be a public show of grief/grieving.

I'm not talking about comments. I am wondering who is posted the Missing news and updates? You'd have to know her password to post to her wall, wouldn't you?
And the same ones are posted over and over and over by...someone. Who has access?
That person could have turned off the comments and just updated the news of her disappearance even though it probably should not have been done to her page she had since she was 12 so that people can comment about all that stuff.

It has to be either friends or family posting to her wall using her password to log in, right?

No you can post stuff on other people’s walls as long as they have their account set to where you can. That’s how you leave Happy Birthday messages on other people’s walls, stuff like that.

Okay, others are replicating it on non-Mollie related FB. It does appear to be a system wide glitch. Thank goodness. Again, sorry for panicking over this. I think I may need to take a self-imposed break for a while from this thread.
Haaa, it’s not a big deal. Mistakes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1