Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Swervinonthat,

This is a good possibility - especially if that person ordered Mollie out of the house by gunpoint and they just walked out the door.

There would be no "sign of a struggle" in this case, just as the authorities have stated that there weren't signs of a struggle in the house.

And did what, marched her at gunpoint two blocks to where his car was stashed?

I’m going to throw this out there. From what I can gather, Mollie house sitting for her boyfriend wasn’t a common occurrence (atleast doesn’t seem so). This means that on any other night, Mollie’s disappearance would have likely been discovered quite quickly, as her failing to return from her jog would have alarmed either someone at her boyfriend’s house or her mom’s house (assuming someone was usually home when she left whatever house she was at, to run). What are the odds that some random stranger would pick the perfect night, one where he could abduct Mollie and have the discovery of her disappearance delayed by something like 12 hours? If my assumptions are correct (possibly), this stranger either got incredibly lucky, or the perpetrator wasn’t a stranger at all.

Great point!!!!

My only thing is that it is probably equally possible that, since someone else mentioned, it was her second night alone.... there could have been someone scoping out the house. I mean, it’s common knowledge never to let anyone know if you are out of town and never to put anything on social media if you are alone, because people do like to scope out abandoned looking homes. It could be someone followed her home the night before and scoped things out, planning to grab her the next evening. It could be they got lucky. Or it could be an acquaintance..... however this whole time I have still been leaning the serial killer (or first timer, whatever) direction, while keeping a cautious eye on Weird Farmer Dude. Mainly because I don’t understand how a friend or acquaintance could make this dramatic of an abduction and leave absolutely zero trace of it anywhere, including text message history, phone history, or computer history, plus the problem of a personal motive.

Gotcha, I know the feeling. I was saying that a random killer would have had to get lucky by picking a perfect night to kidnap Mollie and have it go undiscovered for such a length of time. It’s completely possible, but it just makes you think. Random crimes are harder to solve obviously.
And have it go undiscovered for such a length of time, yes. Yep, does make one think. It has a someone knew she'd be alone x-amount of time, not to be missed until 8am at the earliest. And lucked out if it was random. Got it.

If you pause the video at like 1:20 or 1:19 you can see the two tears as he walks away. There was a high definition source of this video out there and it’s essily seen but all I could find quickly was this one in a lower quality. The blood stain is on the same shoulder and you can see that in the high definition one much clearer and is in red when everything else’s is just dirty. Same shoulder which is ironic. Potentially blood and claw type tears next to one another. Pause at 1:29 and by his left shoulder you can see the spot on the front near his lat area. Again the high definition video I saw earlier was easy to tell it looked like blood in my opinion vs just dirt. The color and and more splatted than looks here.

JMO, but I doubt the guy is going to wear a shirt with the blood splatter of a murder victim, while being interviewed about her disappearance.
That spot could be his own blood, paint, or any number of things.

It was dark reddish brown and not red. Sorry if I wasn’t descriptive enough but you can easily tell it’s a different color and stain than dirt. Wish I could find that higher quality video. Could be just my cellphone changing it to 240p or something. Might have to get on my actual computer to see it again and snap the pics

I also would be interested where those two sharp claw tears are on his upper back. If those are from nails would that have just healed and easily seen under his shirt. I wonder if they could search his back and body when they took him in?

What do you guys think about the father's theory? It's certainly interesting.
I’m not sure it’s his “theory”, but more like the only scenario in which he can make a difference. Some have suggested that he is in a denial of sorts, filled with false hope. But I think he fully understands every possible outcome. He has stated they are “fighting” every day for Mollie, and that without a body they have to. In his shoes I’d do the same thing. Knowing there is any chance, no matter how small, no matter how unsupported by statistics, of getting your child back, I’d keep fighting for a rescue too. It’s not false hope; it’s duty. There is no option to curl into the fetal position & weep. You fight.

I don't think he has anything to loose by trying. at worse she is dead already and anything he says wont change that, at best someone might have her alive and what he says touches them and helps them want to let her stay alive.
Absolutely. Makes total sense what he is doing. He was asked in a follow-up interview about the basis for his theory and he said it was speculation and a hopeful scenario. I was just recounting what he said.

You know, I don't think they shut down AH's FB either. I'm trying to think of the other cases over the years and I only think a few were shut down. They used to hide the friend's list, but I only remember a couple that I followed where they closed the account down.
You'd think it would remain like a stopped watched because it's HER page. Or whoever's.
I don't know who was able to just use it to post new content to it. I don't care if it is supposedly for her because she's missing. It's wrecking the integrity of her page.
That's why I usually see a separate fb page set up for it. Mostly because no one has access to the victim's page, I guess. But, if her page did have clues it would be extra hard to filter out all this new stuff to go back to how SHE left it.
Sorry I keep ranting on about it. It's just it could be useful info. Has anyone else logged on and posted new tweets for her, too?

If you pause the video at like 1:20 or 1:19 you can see the two tears as he walks away. There was a high definition source of this video out there and it’s essily seen but all I could find quickly was this one in a lower quality. The blood stain is on the same shoulder and you can see that in the high definition one much clearer and is in red when everything else’s is just dirty. Same shoulder which is ironic. Potentially blood and claw type tears next to one another. Pause at 1:29 and by his left shoulder you can see the spot on the front near his lat area. Again the high definition video I saw earlier was easy to tell it looked like blood in my opinion vs just dirt. The color and and more splatted than looks here.

Hmmm sorry...I think it looks like a VERY old, and VERY worn work shirt. The splatters are probably paint IMHO. And if you look at the collar, the collar is becoming detached from the rest of the shirt with small holes due to years of wearing and washing. The slashes in the back are very thin and are probably also from wear. Somebody who actually grabs and tears a shirt in panic is going to actually probably rip a chunk out...not little tears like from claws. This is just a typical man’s old work shirt, honestly. I see nothing suspicious about this shirt in the least. Men love wearing their crappy shirts, never buying new ones, as long as there is a hole for their head and two for their arms.

OK, but I guess my question in regard to reverse triangulation is if the perp did not have a phone or it was turned off, how does that effect the significance , or results? I don't really understand this process but have heard that it has been used to solve cases.
OK, but I guess my question in regard to reverse triangulation is if the perp did not have a phone or it was turned off, how does that effect the significance , or results? I don't really understand this process but have heard that it has been used to solve cases.

If perp did not have phone, then we are SOL for this kind of analysis.

Great point!!!!

My only thing is that it is probably equally possible that, since someone else mentioned, it was her second night alone.... there could have been someone scoping out the house. I mean, it’s common knowledge never to let anyone know if you are out of town and never to put anything on social media if you are alone, because people do like to scope out abandoned looking homes. It could be someone followed her home the night before and scoped things out, planning to grab her the next evening. It could be they got lucky. Or it could be an acquaintance..... however this whole time I have still been leaning the serial killer (or first timer, whatever) direction, while keeping a cautious eye on Weird Farmer Dude. Mainly because I don’t understand how a friend or acquaintance could make this dramatic of an abduction and leave absolutely zero trace of it anywhere, including text message history, phone history, or computer history, plus the problem of a personal motive.
You're absolutely right. I just think it's something to consider, as it may mean something. I'm torn almost equally between stranger and acquaintance, but I still give stranger a slight edge (despite the coincidence).

I’m not sure it’s his “theory”, but more like the only scenario in which he can make a difference. Some have suggested that he is in a denial of sorts, filled with false hope. But I think he fully understands every possible outcome. He has stated they are “fighting” every day for Mollie, and that without a body they have to. In his shoes I’d do the same thing. Knowing there is any chance, no matter how small, no matter how unsupported by statistics, of getting your child back, I’d keep fighting for a rescue too. It’s not false hope; it’s duty. There is no option to curl into the fetal position & weep. You fight.
Great post, any one of us here would do the same thing. As you point out, what's the alternative ...

With all due respect, I just see a tattered old shirt that's been through the wash a few too many times. It's coming apart at the seams, literally. I have an old painting shirt that looks like that, it's got holes and rips and stains aplenty. Like someone else said, it could be paint, could be from hunting or slaughtering an animal. But I really don't think it's more than that.

Abduction and struggle in broad daylight doesn't make sense to me. At least not unless there were two perpetrators involved. I'd be much more inclined to believe she willingly met up with someone for some reason (get high, hook up for fun or profit, or whatever), and it went from there. Whether into a vehicle or a house, who knows. We don't know the time of the rural pings and whether the devices were still actually in her possession at that time--was she there, or was someone just dumping her electronics? For all we know, she went into someone's house along the route and is in their basement or their freezer.

On the stalking side of things, looking at the map, there is both a construction firm and landscaping firm down a N/S sidestreet on West Des Moines very near the house and co-op. If someone had been showing up for work and parking on the street there for a few days, they may have learned the morning pattern of pick up and patterns while sitting in their car waiting for their day to begin. Cross that with people who would know about her through other means and there's a link there if it was a morning abduction.

The pings outside of town seem to rule out the asthma/sickness aspect, unless she was willingly headed out there to get high and OD'd or had a reaction, in which case someone might have panicked and compounded things out of fear. The early family pleas might be toned in such a way that someone involved may not be a heinous criminal but someone just screwing around with drugs with her and should do the right thing. But perhaps such a person thinks that being involved with drugs or disposal of a body will put them at risk of a worse charge (e.g., a young person for whom a record of involuntary manslaughter and desecration of a corpse and the subsequent scrutiny "ruins" their life despite it probably resulting in probation--or someone on probation for a more serious crime who would face significant time for being associated with such an accident.)

I hope she is as clean cut as she is portrayed, but I grew up knowing a lot of similar people who liked to party, and if that's the case for MT, what benefit is there for anything negative to be released? It just opens up nasty lines of questioning for the family, decreases interest, etc.

Is WC property near the road or path Mollie would have been jogging? Is there a window in his house facing the road he could view her jog by on a regular basis? binoculars? Her Dad says there not many roads to jog in Brooklyn.
If I'm not mistaken, he lives several miles from Brooklyn. I'm not sure what the odds are that I'm not mistaken though, I haven't been hitting any jackpots today.

My bad sense of direction, we were one block south. This is why we still need maps.
No problem. Lived there for awhile and I would always get my directions messed up! That said, I'd still feel safe around the bars and restaurants and hotel there unless it was really late. Some of the campus town stuff seems worse if you're new to it or alone and vulnerable, but it always seemed at worst, an exercise in navigating drunks more intent on hurting themselves. But I knew rural people for whom it seemed a lot worse than it was. I feel bad if you had a bad experience in Iowa City. It's one of my favorite towns.

For years I have worn a Fitbit. It needs to be charged about ever 4 or 5 days. I do not have it connected to my cell. Everything goes directly to the server. I just am not a needy cell person.

Fitbits don’t sync directly to the server. It has to go thru a phone, tablet or computer.

Fitbit Help - How do I set up my Fitbit device?

“Before you begin using your Fitbit device, you must connect it to your Fitbit account with a phone, tablet, or computer. Connecting your device allows it to transfer (or sync) data back and forth with Fitbit.”

more...
Fitbit Help - How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

I started this earlier today:
So, going back to the facts because maybe something will come up.
Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Instagram: Motibbs
Father- Rob Tibbetts, married, lives in CA
Mother-Laura Calderwood, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- Jake Tibbetts
Brother-Scott Tibbetts
Boyfriend-Dalton Jack
Boyfriend's brother-Blake Jack
Fiance of Blake-Allie Houghton

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother Jake
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in Blake and Allie's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by Allie

camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store
there was an agricultural fair in town
there was a biking event in town

July 16:
Blake and Allie leave house and are gone during the entire time.

July 17:
Dalton left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
Molllie's first night alone.
House nearby burgalled.
Mollie was staying in Allie's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to Blake and Allie.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
Jake picked up Mollie and dropped her off at Allie's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with Dalton on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about items needed for children the next day and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm Dalton opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
Dalton sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called Jack in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
Jack called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

Dave Collum: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

Roger Thompson: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

Nate Howood: stated he saw Molly running west on Pershing Drive at 7:30pm.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

General Timeline:
Mollie last seen at 7:30pm 7/18
Brother tried to contact at 7:30am 7/19
that : a 12 hour window. Sometime between 7:30pm on 7/18 and 7:30am 7/19 is when she went missing. Let's see if we can fill in those hours somehow.

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know.

July 18, about 7:30 pm. Unless what we know has changed, it's not "items needed for children the next day", it's "ingredients for a dessert she was going to make for an after-work celebration on Friday the 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1