Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a farm. Just not anything to do with hogs.
Okay, so I believe they searched several pig farms and hog confinement areas, but these were not WC ‘s? I guess they searched his farm and home, according to him. It just gets a little muddy refering to him as the pig farmer when he actually is not.

I have been going over this in my head and what the Dad said really struck me. If he believes it was someone she possibly knows then LE needs to be looking at Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat friends that could have known she was home alone or was going for a run. Possible old HS classmates that still lived there that may have had a thing for her in the past possibly.

Also, was there any road work going on along the routes she usually runs? Someone working for those companies could have seen her run by them multiple times leading up to that day and waited for her to run that night to grab her. Like I said maybe someone she went to school with previously and they either grabbed her against her will or possibly they stopped her to talk and she willingly got in the car. After that something could have gone wrong like someone making a pass at her and she said no and the guy got upset and it went downhill from there. Just a theory going through my head.

Has LE interviewed NH (last person to see her & new employee of TRE..the place of business right next to the boyfriends house)?

And have they searched Big Bear Creek yet? It isn't too far up that sketchy looking 170th street right by the boyfriends house.

Last edited:
It was his ex girlfriend that he was previously harassing / stalking. It wasn't a random young girl. I think maybe this is just a domestic situation - I don't really feel he had much to do with Mollie.

I just wonder if he has stalked or is stalking other women in the community in addition to his ex and her daughters. Not accusing this man of anything.

Okay, so I believe they searched several pig farms and hog confinement areas, but these were not WC ‘s? I guess they searched his farm and home, according to him. It just gets a little muddy refering to him as the pig farmer when he actually is not.

Yes, I believe he stated in an interview that he sold the pig business 6-7 years ago, he still owns several acres that apparently have been searched by LE/FBI.

And did the vandals burglarize a house the night before which someone on the board says was reported. Was Mollie in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed those same vandals that were possibly in town for two days in a row. Did they follow her home? Did they watch her inside the house? Was the doors unlocked making it easy to follow her and come in later that night after her computer work. If the house was completely normal then I’d say nobody was in the house at all. FBI should be able to tell if someone was forced out of the home or if something looked rushed or out of place.

I have always been taught "burglars steal." There can be a sexual component and certainly the markings of a more violent crime to come but if you plan to abduct a person, this is much higher stress and planning to some level. I am sure this would rise to the top to investigate. Does anyone have access to the report?

My thoughts are the actual persons who own the hog operations have been checked out and cleared. However since WC lives within walking distance (it's actually about a mile away) and he has a history of inappropriate behavior with women, it makes him interesting to LE.

The Bike Race may be important.

What if Mollie found this online:
"I'm staying in Des Moines for the bike race....Would love to meet new people while I'm here... Would anyone like to meet up for coffee, say somewhere around Brooklyn area?"
It's absolutely vital to learn who she talked to online, the week preceding July 18.

Here is what I have (relative to WC and pig farms). I also included when FitBit and cell info was received to see what it looked like together:

JULY 25
  • Fitbit data received (1)
  • Search on Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21 (2)
JULY 26
  • Detectives search pig farm Thurs am, boyfriend cleared (3)
  • WC questioned for the 1st time and property searched, cell phone taken (4)
  • Search teams accompanied by dogs, scoured ditches near a pig farm after finding a red shirt (4)
  • Timeline of Mollie's run reconstructed using FitBit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses (5)
AUG 3
  • FBI agent is seen with WC for 5-10 minutes, WC said he refused Polygraph, FBI to return Sunday (6)
  • 8/5 An FBI agent questioned WC for the third time around 5:30 p.m. for roughly 5-10 minutes. (7)
(1) Authorities tell KCRG they have received information from Fitbit after filing a search warrant. Authorities receive Fitbit information in Mollie Tibbetts investigation

(2) One of those searches took place Wednesday night in southern Poweshiek County along Iowa Highway 21, but it did not result in anything, he said. "There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.
Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search
When Tibbetts' Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said. Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of University Of Iowa Student Mollie Tibbetts

(3) According to Mortvedt, local, state and federal officers are following up on a number of leads. He confirmed that detectives were searching a pig farm in Guernsey on Thursday morning. Boyfriend Ruled Out as Suspect in Iowa Student's Disappearance — as Police Search Pig Farm

(4) Investigators arrived at his home July 26 and asked to search his property without a warrant. They were there for nearly two hours, taking photos of the interior of the home and also searching his garage. They asked to interview him away from the property and kept his cell phone overnight to check his records. On Thursday, search teams scoured ditches near a pig farm after finding a red shirt. FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts
FBI officers, accompanied by search dogs, continued their search Thursday evening, acting off a new tip. Pig farm searched for missing Iowa student; FBI gets new tip - WDEF

(5) Late Thursday, investigators said they had completed reconstructing their timeline of Mollie's run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses. Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student

(6) An FBI agent was seen by Fox News arriving and speaking to WC for about five to 10 minutes Friday afternoon. WC also said that that law enforcement asked him Thursday to take a polygraph test and he refused. He said the FBI agent told him he would return Sunday for more questioning. FBI speaks to pig farmer for second time about missing Mollie Tibbetts

(7) Also on Sunday, an FBI agent questioned the owner of a nearby farm for the third time in connection with Tibbetts' disappearance, although it's unclear why. The agent questioned WC around 5:30 p.m. local time for roughly five to 10 minutes. Body found miles from where Mollie Tibbetts was last seen not missing college student, police say

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mollie's case reminds me in many ways of Michael Klunder's MO in that he kidnapped women, sexually abused them and ultimately killed and disposed of them in hog confinement facilities."

Sorry-- O/T here: But where did this MO come? Did I miss something? The charge from when he was 16 had nothing to do with hog confinements. And I am mere miles from Dayton and the poor girl he took there was found in the river. The only time the hog confinements came into play was that's where he committed his crime and where he ended his life. So unless I'm missing a big piece of the puzzle, I'm a little confused?

Also... Its my understanding that WC Hog confinement is empty. There are no pigs there. Haven't been for a while.

Can someone tell me about the report that a neighbor said se saw a black vehicle slowly circling the area sometime around the date Mollie went missing? I saw such reports but others are saying they've been debunked or can't be discussed?

Is there a link?

Thanks for this post as I've searched Media thread (nothing disproving), and also don't know where the "debunked" claim is coming from -- especially since this sighting was allegedly reported to FBI:
Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

Link please?

I just wonder if he has stalked or is stalking other women in the community in addition to his ex and her daughters. Not accusing this man of anything.
I'm curious, too. I suspect they would be coming out of the woodworks if so, though.

Correct. Regardless I guess I was getting at both the burglary and vandalism could have happened by the same individual or individuals. Either way people that have guts to break into houses or break windows to steal aren’t the most level set people. And the fact it was two days in a row in a town of that size is ironic. Were they up to more than just those incidences. Where are they from? Could any of this be linked? Did she witness them trying to break into someone’s house and they followed her home. We just don’t know.

From my earlier posts you will know that I, too, find the burglary call about the house on W Des Moines suspicious. If it were a home burglary like most, the person(s) would have parked elsewhere and broke in, stole, and then snuck back to their car. Where they are unknown cars parked on side roads on the 16th? Alternatively, like happened in my town, one person or more will burglarize the house while an accomplice will drive around, staying close by, so as not to draw attention. The driver will then come back when its time for the getaway. Were there any strange cars driving around that night?

Of course, we only know when the burglary was called in, not when it actually occurred ... or the nature of it ... or whether it was resolved or not.

Here's a thought... LE and the family have had a clear picture of what happened for about a week now... There have been discussions between the family and LE regarding who this person is, and possibly have confirmed the identity with another family who possibly have lost track of a family member, not declaring that person as missing, publicly, to keep the press out of the loop, but working quietly with LE.
LE sets up a timeline, gives the families time to try to end this through negotiations, all the while keeping close tabs on the situation, drawing a clearer picture as to their location. Pushing back any official media remarks, just to take the thought of punishment out of the picture... But, there is a clear red line drawn, which would be before the PC on Friday...
Just a thought, but I'm thinking (still) that this is being orchestrated.
In the most recent interview I was struck by MT's mother saying she wants to one day know her daughter's children. On one level I understand it, but imagine if I were in a similar situation, my main thought would be wanting to see my own child again, if that makes sense. It seemed slightly unusual and could it be that she is appealing to a specific person who has grandchildren?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz