Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is starting to sound more credible that someone she knew possibly met her while on her run or at her house as she got home from the run and she got into their car. Im assuming her running shoes,clothes were not found at the house. That is something she would most likely change out of before going to her mothers for dinner or doing homework. You don't sit in sweaty clothes. Her phone was seen on a armband and was not found so most likely was not taken out after her run and set down.

Good chance someone met her and said "hey what are you up to." she may have said "i just got done running and about to go to my mothers". and that person might have said "ill give you a ride there" she trusts them enough to say "ok"

If that self-reported eyewitness recollection is accurate - and I have no way to confirm that - Mollie would have been in the area of Brooklyn that is most distant from her mom's home. Seems an odd route if her mom's was a destination.

I believe there was a reported sighting on West Pershing around 730 and there was a reported near concurrent sighting near the intersection of Jackson and West Pershing. Given the vagaries of witness recollections, not putting a lot of faith on the times so unsure if she were coming or going on Pershing. Another witness RT, reported seeing a jogger in shorts pass his home. The above witness reported seeing a female jogger in yogi pants. Could be they saw different people. You can expect sympathetic sightings to crop up after a disappearance. People are trying to help.

As I suggested, it should be re-opened when new information comes out. Press conference counts. If the PC ends up being nothing but "please call in your tips" and "Aunt Emma made the best pie this week" then... I dunno, what is there to say? If they end up announcing an arrest, the thread stays open because there will be a lot to talk about by definition.
I think the fact that we just found out someone saw her after the last person we knew about seeing her is pretty big. We are researching and bouncing ideas off of each other. It would be a shame to close this thread down. This is an ongoing investigation with the family speaking almost daily. They deserve every bit of attention to finding their daughter, loved one they can get. I know if it were my loved one missing I would want everything left open as long as possible for as much publicity it could get.

admin note:
Be sure if you post a video for a news site that it is from credible mainstream media.

ETA: Please let's get back on track discussing credible information in Mollie's disappearance. Tricia will make the ultimate decisions about the thread but for now stay on topic.

Isn't mom's house only a mile away? And if she was already half way there? I don't know, I just don't see her getting into a car willingly. I see someone hidden from sight who pounces and knocks her out quickly. I think she was jogging later than usual..and I think most of us can agree that whatever happened happened between 7:30pm and 10:00 pm..whether it was one long jog or 2 jogs separated by some homework and a snapchat.
Maybe they said, “Hey, I want to ask you something...” as a ruse to get her in.

Maybe they said, “Hey, I want to ask you something...” as a ruse to get her in.

Very possibly, you are correct, it's just not my favorite theory at the moment. Right now, I'm thinking the most obvious answer for me is the most likely, abducted quickly by someone relatively local that she didn't know who had seen her out jogging before and that it was late so the light was just dim enough that he took a chance. MOO

I don't think she made it back home either. However, we only know when her BF "opened" the snapchat message. He opened it at 10pm. She could have sent it anytime that day.

It's not confirmed, and not much else is either, but if LE asked the mom if Mollie was in a house at 9:45, then 9:45 is more important than an 8:00 sighting shortly after a 7:30 one. It sounds like it's possible that the picture and that question to the mother might be related as far as a timeline. That's where it poses a question for me about her not making it home vs making it.

The sighting location is a mile from where she was staying so she had been running for at least 20 mins, which would be half of her normal run, so she should have reached her destination by at least 8:30-8:45.

maybe i'm mis-reading what you've posted, but i grew up in an area like this and was a runner so maybe this will be helpful for people who don't run:
mollie is 20 and runs several times per week. we've all seen her and she appears in pretty good shape; a very typical running schedule for someone like her who wants to run in the evening several times each week, who isn't training for races, would be something like half an hour per run, or around 3 or 4 miles. it's been mentioned somewhere that she has 3 or 4 regular routes that are probably slightly different so she can do a couple of hills or one of them is her weekly long run of maybe 6 miles, but also just to break up the monotony of running the same route through farmland or this tiny town every day. i will also bet that she starts her run and does 1 loop back home rather than running a couple of laps past home for that same reason: it's boring to run along with nothing but fields beside you (running outside in really boring surroundings is literally more tiring in my experience) and she wouldn't choose to pass the same point more than once.
at a typical workout pace, mollie would be running 7 minute miles; a hard pace would be approximately 5 minute miles. this witness is 9/10 of a mile from where she starts/finishes her run, according to a post above. if she's the type of runner who wants to finish her runs strong (something that's always coached so that runners don't get lazy at the end of a workout), she could be aiming to do her last mile in 5 minutes.
so this witness 9/10 of a mile from her start/end point likely saw her within 5-10 minutes of the beginning/end of her run. if he saw her running home at 8pm, she could have been in her driveway as early as 8:05pm.
of course, that doesn't include any cool-down period, which could be when the other witness reported seeing her walking and using her phone. if you run properly, you'd do your half hour workout, then walk/jog for maybe 10 or 15 minutes to cool down before going inside.

I’m surprised there aren’t satellites in the sky that record every movement of every town 24/7, and when a crime happens, all they hafta do is punch in a date and time and SEE what happened. Just an odd thought.

Well - we did put a man on the moon in 1969!

And - most of what was shown on The Jetsons cartoon show - is coming true!

To me - not an odd thought at all!

And - the Total Recall movie showed us Arnold being tracked via a chip in his body!

With all due respect, I do want to be here. The thing is, we’re already on thread 19 and there’s nothing new as of yet going on. Not sure what’s going to happen at the PC tomorrow. It’s a fast moving thread and no one is going to go over 18 threads 50+ pages each to catch up. Most of this is all repetitive.
I don't want the thread closed. I agree, it's the same things rehashed over and over and over. It can be annoying because once you've stated your theory, it's out there. I can't be on here 24/7 and don't have time to read every post to catch up. So, I do a whole lot of rolling and scrolling - if it's a poster who has discussed a theory in depth and beyond, I scroll right on by. I can get through several pages of posts quickly because I only stop and read when I see a new poster, or a new link. Some people enjoy the repetition, so I have no problem with them discussing whatever - I do not enjoy it, so I scroll. That way - everybody is happy.

As for the extra work for the mods - posters need to post responsibly. Perhaps if we remind new posters (or veteran posters) when they post something "iffy", then the poster themselves can remove their post and the mods won't be so overworked. And I agree - they have been overworked in this forum.

Based on the other description from the other witness earlier in this thread, it sounds like witness RT really did see her go past his home at the intersection of W Des Moines and Jackson St. (not going to give exact location of which corner, etc for privacy reasons).

To better flesh out the timeline for that night, does anybody know the time when she was seen by RT? The other question is which way was she going? Was she on W Des Moines or Jackson when he saw her.

Also, it sounds like MT walks on some parts of her run (maybe before or after her actual run), or at least did so on that night. RT, with a convincing description, saw her walking by and probably using her phone (because he said "she had a phone," and took notice of that, I am thinking she was actively texting or on the phone ... or maybe she stopped running to take an important call or read an important text). Do you think somewhere along the way somebody she knew pulled a "Hey Mollie, come check out this out" and drew her into his house/garage/whatever? She might be somewhere on the very route she ran/walked.

Of course, ANY of these witnesses giving descriptions of what Mollie was wearing that have come after the first description that was publicized, may unintentionally or intentionally be giving a report that matches it. So maybe, the latest description of her running attire is only a mirror of previous description and not what was truly seen.

It's not confirmed, and not much else is either, but if LE asked the mom if Mollie was in a house at 9:45, then 9:45 is more important than an 8:00 sighting shortly after a 7:30 one. It sounds like it's possible that the picture and that question to the mother might be related as far as a timeline. That's where it poses a question for me about her not making it home vs making it.

If true, it makes me suspect that LE has information that the snap was sent at 9:45. Now if Mollie was a no show for dinner, how would her mom know whether she was in a house or not? She would only know if she was in her house or not... unless mom turns in early and Mollie could have actually made it to her house without mom knowing? I think that LE suspects that she sent the snap from somewhere other than DJ's brother's house. This might also explain why dad believes she went willingly with someone she knows. This whole line of thought disturbs me for more than one reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member