Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
but if our POI is the one who sent the snap, all he'd have to do is log mollie's phone out of the app and into his or her own phone.

like any app, even though linked to your phone and likely your computer, you have a login that is either your apple ID, facebook account or its own separate login for the app. there may be some hiccups with this (such as what you mention above) but it seems like an amateur hurdle (aka your average millenial could figure out). i have definitely logged into friends apps on my phone and vice versa for random reasons. not saying this happened or is likely, but possible.

one thing that intrigues me about this case is that not only did she vanish without a trace, it leaves us relying on technology so heavily. and imo, its a blessing and a curse. technology can tell us so much but at the same time there are so many hacking options and loopholes, i dont find its answers definitive enough to give me comfort unless they come directly from snapchat/app company and/or LE.

But she sent a snap not a chat, a snap doesn't use your camera roll, iti uses a pic you take at that moment then it disappears.

maybe i'm mis-reading what you've posted, but i grew up in an area like this and was a runner so maybe this will be helpful for people who don't run:
mollie is 20 and runs several times per week. we've all seen her and she appears in pretty good shape; a very typical running schedule for someone like her who wants to run in the evening several times each week, who isn't training for races, would be something like half an hour per run, or around 3 or 4 miles. it's been mentioned somewhere that she has 3 or 4 regular routes that are probably slightly different so she can do a couple of hills or one of them is her weekly long run of maybe 6 miles, but also just to break up the monotony of running the same route through farmland or this tiny town every day. i will also bet that she starts her run and does 1 loop back home rather than running a couple of laps past home for that same reason: it's boring to run along with nothing but fields beside you (running outside in really boring surroundings is literally more tiring in my experience) and she wouldn't choose to pass the same point more than once.
at a typical workout pace, mollie would be running 7 minute miles; a hard pace would be approximately 5 minute miles. this witness is 9/10 of a mile from where she starts/finishes her run, according to a post above. if she's the type of runner who wants to finish her runs strong (something that's always coached so that runners don't get lazy at the end of a workout), she could be aiming to do her last mile in 5 minutes.
so this witness 9/10 of a mile from her start/end point likely saw her within 5-10 minutes of the beginning/end of her run. if he saw her running home at 8pm, she could have been in her driveway as early as 8:05pm.
of course, that doesn't include any cool-down period, which could be when the other witness reported seeing her walking and using her phone. if you run properly, you'd do your half hour workout, then walk/jog for maybe 10 or 15 minutes to cool down before going inside.
Not to nitpick too much because in real time, all of this only makes a couple minutes difference, but 7 min miles is an awfully sprightly pace for someone who is not doing it competitively (even someone young and in shape). For someone who is in decent shape and runs at least semi-regularly but not competitively, I'd expect her to go at more of an 8-9 min pace. I'm much older and fatter than Mollie (and likely have worse knees...), but I have trouble keeping a 10-10.5 min pace and I run a couple times a week.

If they have access to Apple ID and password they log into her iCloud. If they have her email and password they can log into her other accounts as they could hit reset password etc. I don’t know what family has done and her boyfriend but I’d be finding ways to uncover what they might be missing. The FBI can’t possibly know these passwords and acct log ins. They probably can’t without FBI approval now.

He sure waited a long time to come forward after all this time. Don't know if I believe it.

Media is grasping every little tidbit they can get since nothing new lately.
This is one reason why LE doesn't make information public! It is so that these types of reports can be corroborated. Imagine the false leads if they put everything on the table.

No what I mean is that he new person coming forward saying he could of been last to see her alive. That's in everyone's post this morning. That's very important.

The information from the man has been available for a week or so. It's not new information, it's just a new media report. None of the information provided by the man match what we know about Mollie.

Mollie went jogging at 7:30. Her run typically lasted 45 minutes. This man saw a woman at 9PM - so wrong timeline. Mollie was wearing shorts and a pink sports bra. The woman seen by the man was wearing a pink top and black khaki yoga pants - so wrong clothing.

Similar information, such as pink, black, running, is not "same". Similar is not good enough when a woman is missing.

<modsnipped>

Perhaps he didn't know they were coming? He reported the tip on Facebook, but I doubt they called him ahead of time and scheduled a convenient time for the visit. I base that on him being frightened. We don't know how many LE showed up, but from his reaction it sounds like there were several at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
so Mollie did NOT turn up at her mother's for dinner that night, correct? Or is that another thing we don't have a solid answer to?

I wonder if there's a new article somewhere that would answer that question.

Mollie Tibbetts search: Farmer who has repeatedly been questioned admits to taking polygraph test

Wayne Cheney, who at times has appeared guarded in media interviews, said authorities did question him about Tibbetts during the polygraph and asked if he has anything to do with her disappearance.

But Cheney once again said to Fox News on Thursday he has nothing to do with her disappearance and that “some guy probably has her.”

Cheney added he doesn’t know the results of his Tuesday lie detector test. He has not been publicly named as a suspect or person of interest in the case, has not been charged with a crime and said he “has nothing to hide.”

He also initially refused to take the test, according to reports.

During an interview with Fox News late last week, Cheney said he would allow the FBI to search his entire property; he expressed confidence the bureau wouldn't find anything. So far, he said, the FBI has searched his home, some of his property and his cellphone.

He also told Fox News he has never seen Tibbetts before, because he doesn't venture into Brooklyn, Iowa, where she was staying, several miles from his home.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09/mollie-tibbetts-search-farmer-who-has-repeatedly-been-questioned-admits-to-taking-polygraph-test.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue